Bush the Dictator

Wow, talk about ironic. I was raised Catholic, and my mother also had MS. At the point where I saw praying was futile, I became an atheist. She died 6/9/94.

I'm terribly sorry. It's a horrible disease. I've been watching my mother decay practically since I was born - she used to be able to walk and drive and work. Now she can't move her legs or see more than ten or fifteen feet in front of her and needs help just to roll over in bed to get comfortable enough to sleep.

It's...well, it's horrible. While I pride myself on a decently large vocabulary I often find it somewhat limited when talking directly about my mother's affliction.

Werbung:
Hmm

You gave up your faith because your mother died? Sounds to me like you wanted to give it up. Like they say, yee of little faith. Death has nothing to do with faith in God. You know better than that. Death will always kill indescriminately.But I'm sorry to hear that.

You gave up your faith because your mother died? Sounds to me like you wanted to give it up. Like they say, yee of little faith. Death has nothing to do with faith in God. You know better than that. Death will always kill indescriminately.But I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm sorry you spoke about my mother. I did not ask for your opinion, nor did I particularly want it. How dare you use that topic to spout your personal views regarding faith. I expect a full apology.

No...I was raised more or less without religion. My father is an atheist and my mother...well, she says she believes in God, but one of the reasons that I'm a skeptic is that my mother, one of the sweetest people on the face of the Earth, was struck down with Multiple Sclerosis shortly before I was born. Where was God then?

I'm curious. Why do you think I was a Muslim at some point in my life?

Your disingenuous but persistent defense of Islam. MARK

I'm sorry you spoke about my mother. I did not ask for your opinion, nor did I particularly want it. How dare you use that topic to spout your personal views regarding faith. I expect a full apology.

TFM,

In fairness, you were the one that used that example in relation to faith on a public message board. If you would like to keep certain things off limits, may I suggest you keep them private.

that's just my take.

When I was 12, my best friend in the world and I were walking down the side of the road, shoulder to shoulder. Pick up truck doing about 50 mph took his body about 100 yards down the road, leaving his head about 15 ft in front of me. REEEAAALLLLLYYY messed me up for a while. Asked my 14 yr old brother a week later where my friend goes after dieing, since he was a Jew. Brother described the eternal hell fire that was in store for him. THATS when I began to lose mine. MARK

That's faith in religion. Not in god. god is not an adherent to anyone religion.

Werbung:

I just wanted to say sorry to hear about your Mother. It never ceases to amaze me when I see anyone willing to proselytize their religion and criticize a person who has taken a loss.

Continue to believe whatever makes the most sense to you be it religion or not. Other people's opinions are like assholes... everybody's got one!:)

Back