BUSHCO's Welfare-State

Mr. Shaman

Has Exxon Mobil forgotten to invest in boot-straps, or do we need to $ub$idize them, just a little -while-longer?

It surely would help the U.S. Budget, if they'd learn to invest some o' their own cash. I mean....we've already got some serious interest-payments, to be made, to China!!

Werbung:
Has Exxon Mobil forgotten to invest in boot-straps, or do we need to $ub$idize them, just a little -while-longer?

It surely would help the U.S. Budget, if they'd learn to invest some o' their own cash. I mean....we've already got some serious interest-payments, to be made, to China!!

That article didn't say one word about subsidies. It only said that they made profit recently. It didn't even put that profit in context.

But for sake of discussion lets stipulate that they do get subsidies and as you imply that they are getting new ones.

There is justification for them to be subsidized since they are regulated so heavily and have lost profits they could otherwise have made?

The best course of action would be to remove excessive regulation so there is no justification for subsidies, and then to not give them any.

There is justification for them to be subsidized since they are regulated so heavily and have lost profits they could otherwise have made?
Ah, yes.....so....much like the DEA's Divine Right to job-security....Big Oil has some Divine Right to mega-profits....one way, OR another, huh? :rolleyes:

Lemme guess.....this is another o' those Moral-Absolutes, right? :rolleyes:

Most of these subsidies have gone to fund alternative energy research, something Obama opnely supports.

Werbung:
I'm not going to defend big oil for a second.

They need to be cut down at the knees.

This can only be accomplished at the Congressional level.

Who on here has written, called and visited their representatives about their displeasure and what they EXPECT as far as change in this area?

If you haven't spoken up, you are part of the problem...

Back