Bush's War???

Federal Farmer

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

“Iraq is a long way from Ohio, but what happens there matters a great deal here, for the risk that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons against us, or our allies, is the greatest security threat we face, and it is a threat against which we must, and will stand firm.”
Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Town Hall Meeting, Columbus Ohio, February 18, 1998.

“…or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made.”
President Bill Clinton, Remarks to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Pentagon, February 17, 1998

“There are such things as international outlaws, I’m not sure China is one, but I’m quite sure that Iran and Iraq are.”
DNC Chairman Howard Dean, CBC/PBS “The Editors” January 31, 1998

“He will rebuild his arsenal of weapons of mass destruction, and some day, some way, I am certain he will use that arsenal again, as he has 10 times since 1983.”
National Security Adviser, Sandy Berger, Town Hall Meeting, Columbus Ohio, February 18, 1998

“Saddam Hussein certainly has chemical and biological weapons, there’s no question about that...”
Representative Nancy Pelosi, NBC “Meet The Press”, November 17, 2002

“There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next 5 years…we also should remember we have always underestimated the progress that Saddam Hussein has been able to make in the development of weapons of mass destruction.”
Senator Jay Rockefeller, remarks on the Senate Floor, October 10, 2002

“We know that he continues to attempt to gain access to additional capability, including nuclear capability, there is a real debate how far off that is, whether it’s a matter of years, or whether it’s a matter of less than that, and so there’s much that we don’t know.”
Senator Joe Biden, NBC “Meet The Press”, August 4, 2002

“Saddam Hussein in effect has thumbed his nose at the world community and I think that the President is approaching this in the right fashion.”
Senator Harry Reid, CNN “Inside Politics” September 18, 2002

When asked “do you believe that we could have disarmament without regime change”, the answer “I doubt it. …I can support the President. I can support an action against Saddam Hussein because I think that it’s in the long term interest of our national security.”
Senator Hillary Clinton, NBC “Meet The Press” September 15, 2002

“Serving on the Intelligence Committee, and seeing day after day, week after week, briefings on Saddam’s weapons of mass destruction and his plans on using those weapons, he cannot be allowed to have nuclear weapons, it’s just that simple.”
Former Senator John Edwards, MSNBC “Buchanan & Press” January 7, 2003

“I support the President’s efforts to disarm Saddam Hussein. I think he was right on in his speech tonight, the lessons we learned following September the 11th were that we can’t wait to be attacked again, particularly when it involves weapons of mass destruction, so regrettably Saddam has not done the right thing, which is to disarm, and we’re left with no alternative but to take action,
Senator Evan Bayh, FoxNews “The O’Reilly Factor”, March 17, 2003

“When I made the decision to remove Saddam Hussein from power, Congress approved it with strong bipartisan support…while it’s perfectly legitimate to criticize my decisions concerning the conduct of the war, it is deeply irresponsible to re-write the history of how that war began…these critics are fully aware that a bi-partisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence communities judgments relating to Iraq’s weapons programs…as our troops fight a ruthless enemy that is determined to destroy our way of life, they deserve to know that their elected leaders, who voted to send them to war, continue to stand behind them.”
President George Bush, Veterans Day Commemorative, November 11, 2005

Werbung:
Realy a quote from 83?
Also Edwards saying we cant let him have nukes ....big deal he did not have them nor was he going to have them, nor was there any good proof he was trying for them....so whats yoru point?

Bush made the choice, you can pass the buck all you want but it was him who poorly made the case and made the decision to go to war.

Realy a quote from 83?

What are you talking about "83"? All of the quotes were from '98, '02, '03, and '05.

Also Edwards saying we cant let him have nukes ....big deal he did not have them nor was he going to have them, nor was there any good proof he was trying for them....so whats yoru point?

Uh, the point is that you need to do some more homework. If Saddam wasn't trying to get nukes, then why did he have 2 TONS of low-enriched uranium in 2004??? SOURCE I guess it's a good thing that I've kept a VERY long list of links concerning Saddam and what was REALLY going on over there before OIF began, otherwise some people would still keep trying to get away with re-writing history!!!

Bush made the choice, you can pass the buck all you want but it was him who poorly made the case and made the decision to go to war.

Seriously now, are you drunk, or just stoned???? BUSH made the choice? Here's some more evidence that you just really don't know what you're talking about here.

ROLL CALL VOTE IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN FAVOR OF AUTHORIZING THE USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES AGAINST IRAQ (296 in favor)

Ackerman
Aderholt
Akin
Andrews
Armey
Bachus
Baker
Ballenger
Barcia
Barr
Bartlett
Barton
Bass
Bentsen
Bereuter
Berkley
Berman
Berry
Biggert
Bilirakis
Bishop
Blagojevich
Blunt
Boehlert
Boehner
Bonilla
Bono
Boozman
Borski
Boswell
Boucher
Boyd
Brady (TX)
Brown (SC)
Bryant
Burr
Burton
Buyer
Callahan
Calvert
Camp
Cannon
Cantor
Capito
Carson (OK)
Castle
Chabot
Chambliss
Clement
Coble
Collins
Combest
Cooksey
Cox
Cramer
Crane
Crenshaw
Crowley
Cubin
Culberson
Cunningham
Davis (FL)
Davis, Jo Ann
Davis, Tom
Deal
DeLay
DeMint
Deutsch
Diaz-Balart
Dicks
Dooley
Doolittle
Dreier
Dunn
Edwards
Ehlers
Ehrlich
Emerson
Engel
English
Etheridge
Everett
Ferguson
Flake
Fletcher
Foley
Forbes
Ford
Fossella
Frelinghuysen
Frost
Gallegly
Ganske
Gekas
Gephardt
Gibbons
Gilchrest
Gillmor
Gilman
Goode
Goodlatte
Gordon
Goss
Graham
Granger
Graves
Green (TX)
Green (WI)
Greenwood
Grucci
Gutknecht
Hall (TX)
Hansen
Harman
Hart
Hastert
Hastings (WA)
Hayes
Hayworth
Hefley
Herger
Hill
Hilleary
Hobson
Hoeffel
Hoekstra
Holden
Horn
Hoyer
Hulshof
Hunter
Hyde
Isakson
Israel
Issa
Istook
Jefferson
Jenkins
John
Johnson (CT)
Johnson (IL)
Johnson, Sam
Jones (NC)
Kanjorski
Keller
Kelly
Kennedy (MN)
Kennedy (RI)
Kerns
Kind (WI)
King (NY)
Kingston
Kirk
Knollenberg
Kolbe
LaHood
Lampson
Lantos
Latham
LaTourette
Lewis (CA)
Lewis (KY)
Linder
LoBiondo
Lowey
Lucas (KY)
Lucas (OK)
Luther
Lynch
Maloney (NY)
Manzullo
Markey
Mascara
Matheson
McCarthy (NY)
McCrery
McHugh
McInnis
McIntyre
McKeon
McNulty
Meehan
Mica
Miller, Dan
Miller, Gary
Miller, Jeff
Moore
Moran (KS)
Murtha
Myrick
Nethercutt
Ney
Northup
Norwood
Nussle
Osborne
Ose
Otter
Oxley
Pascrell
Pence
Peterson (MN)
Peterson (PA)
Petri
Phelps
Pickering
Pitts
Platts
Pombo
Pomeroy
Portman
Pryce (OH)
Putnam
Quinn
Radanovich
Ramstad
Regula
Rehberg
Reynolds
Riley
Roemer
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Rohrabacher
Ros-Lehtinen
Ross
Rothman
Royce
Ryan (WI)
Ryun (KS)
Sandlin
Saxton
Schaffer
Schiff
Schrock
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Shadegg
Shaw
Shays
Sherman
Sherwood
Shimkus
Shows
Shuster
Simmons
Simpson
Skeen
Skelton
Smith (MI)
Smith (NJ)
Smith (TX)
Smith (WA)
Souder
Spratt
Stearns
Stenholm
Sullivan
Sununu
Sweeney
Tancredo
Tanner
Tauscher
Tauzin
Taylor (MS)
Taylor (NC)
Terry
Thomas
Thornberry
Thune
Thurman
Tiahrt
Tiberi
Toomey
Turner
Upton
Vitter
Walden
Walsh
Wamp
Watkins (OK)
Watts (OK)
Waxman
Weiner
Weldon (FL)
Weldon (PA)
Weller
Wexler
Whitfield
Wicker
Wilson (NM)
Wilson (SC)
Wolf
Wynn
Young (AK)
Young (FL)

ROLL CALL VOTE IN THE SENATE IN FAVOR OF AUTHORIZING THE USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES AGAINST IRAQ (77 in favor)
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bond (R-MO)
Breaux (D-LA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Campbell (R-CO)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
Daschle (D-SD)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Fitzgerald (R-IL)
Frist (R-TN)
Gramm (R-TX)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Helms (R-NC)
Hollings (D-SC)
Hutchinson (R-AR)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Miller (D-GA)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Nickles (R-OK)
Reid (D-NV)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Santorum (R-PA)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-NH)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thompson (R-TN)
Thurmond (R-SC)
Torricelli (D-NJ)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)

In case you missed it, that's 373 US Representatives and Senators who made the choice for us to go into Iraq, or weren't you aware that according to the US Constitution, it's the CONGRESS who has to declare War, which is PRECISELY what Public Law No: 107-243, more commonly known as the " Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002" IS, so it's YOU who should really stop trying to "pass the buck" here.

I thought they voted to give authorization to bush to make the call to go in if need be, but not necessarily to go in. But I don’t know very much about the Iraq war so I am probably wrong.

I thought they voted to give authorization to bush to make the call to go in if need be, but not necessarily to go in. But I don’t know very much about the Iraq war so I am probably wrong.

No, that's the liberal equivocation line. The Bill was to authorize the use of military force against Iraq, the Congress voted on it, it passed, and the President signed it, just like every other Declaration of War that we've ever had.

no for once you are correct, and he was given the power to under guidelines that many have said where not followed. At the time it was viewed as leverage to push the UN, and many voted under the wrong idea that Bush was honest when he said war was a last option, though its clear to most now that war was a given in his view. But in the end Fed wants to pass the buck, Bush made the call and he knows it, he just cant say it for some reason.

no for once you are correct, and he was given the power to under guidelines that many have said where not followed.
Please, list these guidelines that Bush didn't follow.
many voted under the wrong idea that Bush was honest when he said war was a last option

So exactly what did all those "many", who claimed to have been duped into voting FOR the authorization, think was going to happen after the deadline placed on Saddam expired without his compliance?

The deadline was very clear about the "Threat of Force" Iraq was facing if it failed to comply... Are there some heretofore unknown "Enhanced Negotiations" that those who now feel Duped claim was their understanding hiding behind the terminology: "Threat of Force"?

Not sure if you remember but Bush was running round the world stating categorically that Iraq had WMD and was pressuring every nation in the UN to accept this lie and vote for an invasion.

Fortunately they were not all stupid puppets who just agreed.

So Bush just carried on lying to his own nation to garner support for the illegal war.

I wonder how much influence this lying had on the vote in the house.

After the lying had peruaded the idiots in the house to vote for war Bush then, having been caught out lying about WMD,changed his lie to one about regime change but unfortunately the idiots in the house didn't have the guts to say 'just wait a minute mr lying president'.

So although the war was voted for by a bunch of bloated millionaires who would not have to fight it - they were kind of suckered.

BTW in the US is lying to the house considered a bad thing?

It would seem not

no for once you are correct, and he was given the power to under guidelines that many have said where not followed. At the time it was viewed as leverage to push the UN, and many voted under the wrong idea that Bush was honest when he said war was a last option, though its clear to most now that war was a given in his view. But in the end Fed wants to pass the buck, Bush made the call and he knows it, he just cant say it for some reason.

PFOS, have you ever even read the Resolution? While section 2 states that "The Congress of the United States supports the efforts of the President to-", in Section 3, it very clearly states "(a) Authorization,-The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to-..."

What you and a lot of others consistantly FAIL to do, is acknowledge the simple fact that under the Resolution, the President has to report to Congress EVERY 60 DAYS, and if Congress isn't satisfied with that the President is doing, they could have pulled the plug on this thing in May of 2003! HAVE THEY DONE SO? NO!!! They have continually supported the Presidents efforts in Iraq 33 separate times! Now, you can continue to attempt to equivocate and obfuscate all you want to, but the FACT of the matter is that you are quite simply WRONG. It's the CONGRESS who decided that we were going to War in Iraq, it is Congress who has voted 33 times to continue to fund the War in Iraq over the past 5 1/2 years, and CONGRESS can vote to stop it at ANY time they want to, so why don't you stop sounding like the tin-foil hatted Kool-Aide swillers, overcome your BDS, and at least TRY to be honest?

Yes, but the reason many of them voted for war was Bush's lies about WMD.

And because many of them are good christian pro-lifers who like nothing better than killing foreigners.

I wonder where they stand on bombing pregnant women. I bet that one would give them a dilemma.

Until they remembered that it was a pregnant Iraqi woman so it didn't matter.

God doesn't like Iraqis

Werbung:

In case you missed it, that's 373 US Representatives and Senators who made the choice for us to go into Iraq, or weren't you aware that according to the US Constitution, it's the CONGRESS who has to declare War, which is PRECISELY what Public Law No: 107-243, more commonly known as the " Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002" IS, so it's YOU who should really stop trying to "pass the buck" here.

Back