California city police seize 100 guns per month on average

PLC1

Staff member
Fresno Police taking an average of 100 guns off the streets each month

By Brianna Ruffalo
Thursday, April 12, 2018 09:04PM
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Neighborhoods infamous for gang violence, filled with Fresno Police officers and gang units, spreading out in South Fresno.

It's a daily routine of looking for gang members, and guns, a big contributor to a drop in violent crimes.

Its all part of Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer's dedication to bringing the number of shootings down in Fresno, currently at a 30% decrease from last year.

Chief Dyer has assigned three special response teams to the south parts of Fresno since the first of the year

Getting guns off of the streets seems to be working for Fresno, California.

Werbung:
Gee, making it unatteactive to be a criminal in Fresno is decreasing crime ! Amazing !
Enforcing the law does have the effect of decreasing instances of violations just as failure to enforce insured more instances.

Gee, making it unatteactive to be a criminal in Fresno is decreasing crime ! Amazing !
Enforcing the law does have the effect of decreasing instances of violations just as failure to enforce insured more instances.
I know right ....

Enforcing our current gun laws really can have some real world results.

Not strictly speaking enforcing gun laws here. Weapons are a side effect/benefit to driving off gang activity.

Really? If they are not violating the guns laws then where is the right to confiscate the guns? So, fewer guns means less crime which means more peace. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Really? If they are not violating the guns laws then where is the right to confiscate the guns? So, fewer guns means less crime which means more peace. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Going to go out on a big limb here and speculate that the "neighborhoods infamous for gang violence" are full of law abiding citizens who legally obtained guns.

Going to go out on a big limb here and speculate that the "neighborhoods infamous for gang violence" are full of law abiding citizens who legally obtained guns.

This was obviously sarcasm...

:)...I think you're right, its inspirational of these gang member to divest themselves of their weapons and to revert to using unsavory language and writting stiff letters to the Washington Post!!

Not strictly speaking enforcing gun laws here
Just a question...but there is a lot of talk about enforcing "gun laws" which is one thing, however, is it a truism that the "law" is failing to be enforced?
Just a background to the above...we.. I say we..but Londoners...of which I'm not one... seem to be going through a bit of a knife crime wave at the moment. Seems that since its getting a tad warmer at night theres' a few more folk on the streets and gang members cannot walk their turf without coming home with holes in themselves. Anyway, there has been a number of banner headlines recently proclaiming that the police have lost control of the streets of London and the skies are going to fall in...plague....famine...the usual thing in London. Anyway is it the general view...I use that term guardedly...but are the Police still "in control" of the more noisome areas of the bigger cities...is this an issue discussed in your local papers?

I guess in a nutshell is there vocal pressure on the police and law enforcement to up their game..not only in respect of gun crime but criminality generally?

Just a question...but there is a lot of talk about enforcing "gun laws" which is one thing, however, is it a truism that the "law" is failing to be enforced?
Just a background to the above...we.. I say we..but Londoners...of which I'm not one... seem to be going through a bit of a knife crime wave at the moment. Seems that since its getting a tad warmer at night theres' a few more folk on the streets and gang members cannot walk their turf without coming home with holes in themselves. Anyway, there has been a number of banner headlines recently proclaiming that the police have lost control of the streets of London and the skies are going to fall in...plague....famine...the usual thing in London. Anyway is it the general view...I use that term guardedly...but are the Police still "in control" of the more noisome areas of the bigger cities...is this an issue discussed in your local papers?

I guess in a nutshell is there vocal pressure on the police and law enforcement to up their game..not only in respect of gun crime but criminality generally?

Maybe that is the effect of removing 20,000 officers from the streets in the name of "austerity".

Generally speaking no, the police do not own the streets. In the worst cases they won't even go to certain areas (ditto emergency crews pizza delivery fire etc). In some cases and the OP is an example, the cops have reasserted their presence and changed things. It usually occurs after some seriously bad events that free up money to pay for it. But in the worst cases this isn't even possible. LA bring a good example as the areas are too big and too infested.

It's a matter of what gets reported. If it bleeds, it leads.
"Ten thousand residents returned peacefully to their homes, had dinner with their families, watched reruns of American Family, then went to bed and had a good night's sleep" doesn't make the headlines. "A body was found in the street, probably gang related" followed by an OMG! The sky is falling, the cops are failing, and the nation is falling alpart" sort of editorial sells papers. I'm not sure Fresno's local station would have run a "murders down 30%" sort of story without the urging of the local chief of police.

Werbung:
As usual you could not grasp the concept of lower crime caused by the removal of weapons. Join the rest of your "intellectual" crowd.

No - you fail to grasp that "removing weapons from criminals" and just "removing weapons" are two entirely different things. I don't know of anyone that opposes the concept of removing weapons from criminals...except maybe the criminals themselves.

Back