Can BO win reelection?

Gipper

I suppose he can, but his chances are slim...thank God.

What do you think needs to happen for him to win?

I would say the Rs would have to nominate a fool for BO to win. Another might be he gets us in a hot war. And, we know he will run a VERY negative campaign (because he can't run on his record of failure) using scare tactics, racism, and all manner of underhanded techniques to win with extraordinary help from the media, which will fool many.

Bernie Goldberg thinks BO wins if the Rs nominate a conservative...
The good news for Republicans is that even if the purists don’t get their way, they’ll hold their nose and vote for a moderate, someone like Mitt Romney. They have no place else to go. And they won’t stay home on Election Day, either. They dislike the president too much to sit home and pout.

The bad news for Republicans is that independents – who have no roots in either party – might not be as generous. They may not support President Obama today as the polls tell us, but the election isn’t being held today. If the Republicans pick the wrong candidate – someone who is too doctrinaire, too uncompromising, yes, too conservative, there’s a good chance the independents will vote for Obama just as they did in 2008 – even with a bad economy.

And if Republicans lose they won’t be able to blame anybody but themselves; not Democratic scare tactics aimed at the elderly, not the president’s penchant for class warfare, not even the so-called mainstream media that once again will jump on the Obama bandwagon. If Obama wins, it will be because Republicans opted for purity and handed Barack Obama the victory.
http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/can-obama-win-re-election/

I do not agree. But, if a conservative does get the nomination he/she must be very effective at communicating the difference between liberty (conservative-ism) and tyranny (liberalism). And, I do not see a 'doctrinaire' conservative among the Rs likely to win.

Werbung:
The Republicans should have an easy victory this time around, what with the state of the economy and unemployment stubbornly refusing to go down.

but, don't underestimate the party's talent for blowing an easy victory. Last time around, they couldn't even field a candidate capable of beating a freshman senator with little practical experience.

Then, there's the end of the war in Iraq, finally getting Bin Laden, the demise of Gadaffi, those old, silly rants about how the pres is a Muslim terrorist, how he was born in Kenya, and on and on. Voters do tend to have a short attention span, but some of them might remember.

No, let's not discount the Republicans' ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

The Republicans should have an easy victory this time around, what with the state of the economy and unemployment stubbornly refusing to go down.

but, don't underestimate the party's talent for blowing an easy victory. Last time around, they couldn't even field a candidate capable of beating a freshman senator with little practical experience.

Then, there's the end of the war in Iraq, finally getting Bin Laden, the demise of Gadaffi, those old, silly rants about how the pres is a Muslim terrorist, how he was born in Kenya, and on and on. Voters do tend to have a short attention span, but some of them might remember.

No, let's not discount the Republicans' ability to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

McCain chose to not confront Obama on things he was saying that he knew to be false and to highlight the obvious incompetance thereby failing to seize the opportunity of that election. Yes the GOP certainly does know how to screw up a lead pipe cinch.

McCain chose to not confront Obama on things he was saying that he knew to be false and to highlight the obvious incompetance thereby failing to seize the opportunity of that election. Yes the GOP certainly does know how to screw up a lead pipe cinch.

McCant was a disaster. He refused to point out BO's limited experience and radical past. But, Little Johnny is also a progressive just as Bush was.

And now just as in the last election, the 'establishment' wants another progressive (Romney) to win the R nomination.

Apparently they never learn.

McCant was a disaster. He refused to point out BO's limited experience and radical past. But, Little Johnny is also a progressive just as Bush was.

And now just as in the last election, the 'establishment' wants another progressive (Romney) to win the R nomination.

Apparently they never learn.

The difference as I see it is that Romney is wiling and able to highlight falacies and failures AND offer alternatives to repair things and get us moving in a positive direction.

I think we can both agree McCain and Romney differ in that respect.

The difference as I see it is that Romney is wiling and able to highlight falacies and failures AND offer alternatives to repair things and get us moving in a positive direction.

I think we can both agree McCain and Romney differ in that respect.

I will agree that Romney is a much better candidate than McCain. He has shown a willingness to attack BO's failing leadership and commie policies. For that I give him much credit. But, that does not change the fact that he is a moderate progressive.

George Will got it right when he compared Romney to Little Mikey Ducockus.

I will agree that Romney is a much better candidate than McCain. He has shown a willingness to attack BO's failing leadership and commie policies. For that I give him much credit. But, that does not change the fact that he is a moderate progressive.

George Will got it right when he compared Romney to Little Mikey Ducockus.

I appreciate your perspective and while I would prefer a Reagan 2.0, don't know that we have one handy in the field.

I appreciate your perspective and while I would prefer a Reagan 2.0, don't know that we have one handy in the field.

We don't even have a real Reagan running, let alone anyone who matches the conservatives' memory of Reagan.

The party should have nominated Romney last time around. He probably would have won. Now, they have a second chance. This time, he'll probably win.

If, that is, he can get past the religious nutters on the right fringe of the party and get the nomination. If not, then there's a good chance that Obama will be a two term president.

We don't even have a real Reagan running, let alone anyone who matches the conservatives' memory of Reagan.

The party should have nominated Romney last time around. He probably would have won. Now, they have a second chance. This time, he'll probably win.

If, that is, he can get past the religious nutters on the right fringe of the party and get the nomination. If not, then there's a good chance that Obama will be a two term president.

no republican was going to win last time, its silly to even think they had a shot...Bush made sure of that.

and Reagan would not win the Nomination anyway

well since he beats all the republicans in the polls...seems ...yes

I have been hearing for weeks that obama loses to anyone.

I just checked a few moments ago and just about all of them are neck and neck with obama.

Maybe two days ago when you posted that it was true. Can you support what you said?

Werbung:
Back