Can the Republicans win in '16?

Werbung:
Democrats also had more house votes when lost those seats. Thanks to Gerrymandering. Only way to win, block voters and rig the boundaries.

You cannot gerrymander a state - so the Governors and Senate seats are discounted.

Gerrymandering and creating safe districts is an outcome of having already won elections - its not what caused Republicans to win elections. State Legislatures redraw the boundaries after every census - and to draw more R districts, you have to already have taken control of the State Legislature (i.e. won an election).

Not to mention you have to deal with the Voting Rights Act in many states. Here is an example we dealt with in Texas during that process. There was a "swing" district represented by a Republican. It was "Majority minority", but was represented by a Republican. When lines were redrawn the last time the Democrats highlighted that district and got it redrawn to ensure that a Democrat would win. It wasn't about being "majority minority" and creating an opportunity, it was about ensuring a Democrat won the seat. Sure enough, the D won the seat in 2012.

Hilariously, the Democrat they elected did such a bad job, the District elected a Republican in 2014 - despite it being (numerically anyway) about a 55-45 D district.

You cannot gerrymander a state - so the Governors and Senate seats are discounted.

Gerrymandering and creating safe districts is an outcome of having already won elections - its not what caused Republicans to win elections. State Legislatures redraw the boundaries after every census - and to draw more R districts, you have to already have taken control of the State Legislature (i.e. won an election).

Not to mention you have to deal with the Voting Rights Act in many states. Here is an example we dealt with in Texas during that process. There was a "swing" district represented by a Republican. It was "Majority minority", but was represented by a Republican. When lines were redrawn the last time the Democrats highlighted that district and got it redrawn to ensure that a Democrat would win. It wasn't about being "majority minority" and creating an opportunity, it was about ensuring a Democrat won the seat. Sure enough, the D won the seat in 2012.

Hilariously, the Democrat they elected did such a bad job, the District elected a Republican in 2014 - despite it being (numerically anyway) about a 55-45 D district.

Don't worry voter Suppression helps as well.

Don't worry voter Suppression helps as well.

Clearly Republicans could never win an election, therefore it must be voter suppression, or just gaming the system right? It is never that Democrats just simply lost an election and got beat.

While I wager such lines work well among the group that I will refer to as the "vacuous generation" (i.e. those currently in college) it simply doesn't mirror reality. But fear not - I am sure there is a "safe space" (likely down at the local Bernie Sanders HQ) where they can discuss how their feelings were hurt by the "micro aggressions" of someone highlighting the outright lunacy of their argument.

Rare form today
Clearly Republicans could never win an election, therefore it must be voter suppression, or just gaming the system right? It is never that Democrats just simply lost an election and got beat.

While I wager such lines work well among the group that I will refer to as the "vacuous generation" (i.e. those currently in college) it simply doesn't mirror reality. But fear not - I am sure there is a "safe space" (likely down at the local Bernie Sanders HQ) where they can discuss how their feelings were hurt by the "micro aggressions" of someone highlighting the outright lunacy of their argument.
Rare form today Biggie ! Touche !

no they can win Elections...just in the South and in rural areas where they have a large amount of Conservitives...but not enough to actually Hold the US House, and also to gain greater amounts in State House seats. They Also help win the close states. Bigotry, racism,, Lies, and abuse of Election law are the keys to win for Republicans today...that was not the case in the 80s and before...but it is today.

no they can win Elections...just in the South and in rural areas where they have a large amount of Conservitives...but not enough to actually Hold the US House, and also to gain greater amounts in State House seats. They Also help win the close states. Bigotry, racism,, Lies, and abuse of Election law are the keys to win for Republicans today...that was not the case in the 80s and before...but it is today.
Hilarious

Werbung:
Well, it is their turn to win, isn't it? Don't we just take turns? More importantly, does it really matter? The two parties are two sides of the same coin. I don't see much difference, outside a couple of wedge issues. Fire all these damn politicians. Bring on some real people to vote for.

Back