Catholic church complains because 9 year rape victim gets abortion

Popeye

This kind of nonsense is one of the reasons why the Catholic Church has lost so much respect...

RIO DE JANEIRO - A 9-year-old girl who was carrying twins, allegedly after being raped by her stepfather, underwent an abortion Wednesday despite complaints from Brazil's Roman Catholic church.

Police said the stepfather has been jailed since last week.

Abortion is illegal in Brazil, but judges can make exceptions if the mother's life is in danger or the fetus has no chance of survival.

Fatima Maia, director of the public university hospital where the abortion was performed, said the 15-week-old pregnancy posed a serious risk to the 80-pound girl.

"She is very small. Her uterus doesn't have the ability to hold one, let alone two children," Maia told the Jornal do Brasil newspaper.

But Marcio Miranda, a lawyer for the Archdiocese of Olinda and Recife in northeastern Brazil, said the girl should have carried the twins to term and had a cesarean section.

"It's the law of God: Do not kill. We consider this murder," Miranda said in comments reported by O Globo.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29515505

Werbung:
This is clearly the right choice for the girl as she was endangered by the pregnancy. We can only hope that the abortion does not harm her further. It will be interesting to see if her step-father is guilty. What kind of sick human being could have done this?

I hate abortion more than anyone I know, but If her life is at risk its understandable that she had to have it done. I wonder though why they took so long to do it and the story does not say if the girl agreed or was made to have it done.

Its a really sad story, I hope the girl doesnt have guilt as she gets older. some of us do while others dont and no one knows what direction she will end up going.

Say what you please about this case, but at least the Church is consistent.

I hope the girl doesnt have guilt as she gets older. some of us do while others dont and no one knows what direction she will end up going.
Guilt is a reaction to social influences. There would be no guilt if these influences (church) did not do its very best to instill it.

Guilt is a reaction to social influences. There would be no guilt if these influences (church) did not do its very best to instill it.

I suppose in some cases but not in all cases. I grew up with atheists and very pro abortion. I had an abortion and it felt strange, wrong but I could not have told you why. Later when I learned more about the human body and what exactly I aborted, I realized what I had done and the guilt is terrible. No one around me treats me badly or has ever told me what I did was wrong. Actually most try to insist I did the right thing. Most everyone I know is pro abortion and the few I know who are pro life are also very sensitive people who would not lay a guilt trip on someone.

Yet I feel guilt and dread over what I have done. As do many women including the woman who’s famous case made abortion on demand legal.

So it is not as easy as you make it sound

I suppose in some cases but not in all cases. I grew up with atheists and very pro abortion. I had an abortion and it felt strange, wrong but I could not have told you why. Later when I learned more about the human body and what exactly I aborted, I realized what I had done and the guilt is terrible. No one around me treats me badly or has ever told me what I did was wrong. Actually most try to insist I did the right thing. Most everyone I know is pro abortion and the few I know who are pro life are also very sensitive people who would not lay a guilt trip on someone.

Yet I feel guilt and dread over what I have done. As do many women including the woman who’s famous case made abortion on demand legal.

So it is not as easy as you make it sound
And of course on that island, there were no churches, not radio, no television, no magazines, no books, no social influences other than atheists and pro abortion people. Have you ever wondered why a person who is born in a desert amids only Muslims, they grow up Muslim?

Werbung:
And of course on that island, there were no churches, not radio, no television, no magazines, no books, no social influences other than atheists and pro abortion people. Have you ever wondered why a person who is born in a desert amids only Muslims, they grow up Muslim?

I ended up having faith. Not a faith that you could name really its not exactly christian or Jewish and certianly not Islam but I did not grow up with people of faith.

I started to be a news junkie at I guess age 12 but dont remember hearing much of anything about it except for pro choice meant its my choice

I met one family that were church goers, they even invited me once and it was a strange experience.

It seems silly that you are arguing one born in a family of faith has to have faith or one born in a family without any faith would just not have any.

All kinds of people out there, do you really think this kid will never feel any feelings of guilt for sure unless someone makes her?

Back