CBO now: Obamacare will cost even more than they admitted 2 weeks ago

Little-Acorn

A few weeks ago, Congress demanded to know why the cost of Obamacare has quietly risen more than 30% in the President's latest budget (see http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-estimate-for-health-insurance-aid-rises-by/ ).

Well, a new report out today from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), says that Obamacare's costs are going to rise even more than that.

Sounds like "Hope and Change" has morphed into "The costs we promised you are changing, and you'd better Hope they don't Change any more!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...bamacare-cost-176-trillion-over-10-yrs/425831

CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs

by Philip Klein
Senior Editorial Writer

President Obama's national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office, rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.

Democrats employed many accounting tricks when they were pushing through the national health care legislation, the most egregious of which was to delay full implementation of the law until 2014, so it would appear cheaper under the CBO's standard ten-year budget window and, at least on paper, meet Obama's pledge that the legislation would cost "around $900 billion over 10 years." When the final CBO score came out before passage, critics noted that the true 10 year cost would be far higher than advertised once projections accounted for full implementation.

Today, the CBO released new projections from 2013 extending through 2022, and the results are as critics expected: the ten-year cost of the law's core provisions to expand health insurance coverage has now ballooned to $1.76 trillion. That's because we now have estimates for Obamacare's first nine years of full implementation, rather than the mere six when it was signed into law. Only next year will we get a true ten-year cost estimate, if the law isn't overturned by the Supreme Court or repealed by then. Given that in 2022, the last year available, the gross cost of the coverage expansions are $265 billion, we're likely looking at about $2 trillion over the first decade, or more than double what Obama advertised.

Werbung:
eventually they'll admit it will be a trillion or more a year.

This bill was not completely written at the time it was signed. Remember when Pelosi said; "you have to pass it, to find out what's in it".....well she didn't bother to say that it would take years to find out what's in it, because HHS is still buisly adding to it.

Remember when there were 2400 mentions of "to be determined" written into it? Why did the free birth control thing just now surface? Now I read where they are adding a $1 a month surcharge to everyone's premium for abortions. Isn't that why Joe Sestak held out voting for the bill? He wanted a guarantee that it wouldn't cover abortions. Well guess what, they lied to him and the rest of us.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/13/1-abortion-premium-in-obamacare/

None of this is a surprise. I know I said before they passed it that it would be a massive expense, that like most other government programs, would not improve a damn thing.

None of this is a surprise. I know I said before they passed it that it would be a massive expense, that like most other government programs, would not improve a damn thing.

you cannot make a thing more efficient by adding large chunks of overhead.
its not rocket science.

and that leaves all the outright damage off.

Did anyone ever think it would not cost more than promised? did anyone think the costs would not go up? did anyone actually believe it would reduce health care costs? A quick search of past posts would tell us.

They haven't even finished writing all the mandates for it. Just look at the debacle of Medicare It's a huge part of our unfunded debt. And that's not even accounted for in our 16 trillion dollar debt. That's how govenment works. Medicare has lousy coverage compared to private insurance, and a lot of doctors won't even accept Medicare patients. Just the paperwork alone is a pain and the slow payment isn't worth it to some doctors.

I've also heard that there is a shortage of doctors in some areas. That's only going to get worse, unless we import more from other countries like India.

Werbung:
Back