Cheney's Revenge

Gipper

This is a good column. The left has to be going crazy....:D

As long as George W. Bush and Dick Cheney were responsible for keeping Americans safe, Democrats could pander to the U.S. and European left's anti-antiterror views at little political cost. But now that they are responsible, American voters are able to see what the left really has in mind, and they are saying loud and clear that they prefer the Cheney method.

Mr. Holder has nonetheless begun a campaign to defend his decisions on Abdulmutallab and KSM, telling the New Yorker last week that "I don't apologize for what I've done" and that trying KSM in a civilian court will be "the defining event of my time as Attorney General."

Given that he still can't find a venue and that even Democrats are having second thoughts about the spectacle, Mr. Holder may well be right that the trial will define his tenure. Before this debate is over, he may have to explain why he's decided that the best place to try KSM really is a military tribunal—in Guantanamo.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...12185849380.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_sections_opinion

Werbung:
This is a good column. The left has to be going crazy....:D

"As long as George W. Bush and Dick Cheney were responsible for keeping Americans safe..."​

How "odd", that a Murdoch-publication still forgets that Bushco BLEW that responsibility.

:confused:

story_image.jpg

August 4, 2002

"For other observers, however, the real point was not that the new Administration dismissed the terrorist theat. On the contrary, Rice, Hadley and Cheney, says an official, "all got that it was important." The question is, How high a priority did terrorism get? Clarke says that dealing with al-Qaeda "was in the top tier of issues reviewed by the Bush Administration." But other topics got far more attention. The whole Bush national-security team was obsessed with setting up a national system of mi$$ile defen$e.

Some counterterrorism officials think there is another reason for the Bush Administration's dilatory response. Clarke's paper, says an official, "was a Clinton proposal." Keeping Clarke around was one thing; buying into the analysis of an Administration that the Bush team considered feckless and naive was quite another. So Rice instructed Clarke to initiate a new "policy review process" on the terrorism threat. Clarke dived into yet another round of meetings. And his proposals were nibbled nearly to death."

For someone who screams about how far left Obama is...you now going to cry that he is not?

Certain realities are forced back on the president but the fat that he has backtracked to get to these obvious positions is proof enough of his leftise tilt. I'm glad when he acknowledges that the previous administration was right all along.

Certain realities are forced back on the president but the fact that he has backtracked to get to these obvious positions is proof enough of his leftise tilt. I'm glad when he acknowledges that the previous administration was right all along.

It is also an acknowledgment of BO's ignorance. He pursued stupid leftist policies which anyone with a brain knows would fail. He does deserve credit for changing course however.

But, the kooky left expected him to implement kooky leftist policies. Now they must be soooooooooooooooo outraged. And that is the best part...:D

It is also an acknowledgment of BO's ignorance. He pursued stupid leftist policies which anyone with a brain knows would fail. He does deserve credit for changing course however.

But, the kooky left expected him to implement kooky leftist policies. Now they must be soooooooooooooooo outraged. And that is the best part...:D

yeah. I hate to tell them "I told you so" but not enough not to.

Werbung:
Well yes.

We knew BO would fail because liberal policies always do. But, why are liberals so blind to it's continuing failure?

hows that axiom go... those wo do not study history are doomed to repeat it...

or maybe they just cant accept that KARL is wrong.

Back