Chicago loses the 2016 Olympics in first round of voting

well I used to agree with you but my son said that he is amazing when it comes to sports.

I dont follow sports but my son does. He said that obama has been correct on every single game he has predicted, in all area's of sports. SO he has not failed at everything and he does have apparently a really great talent in calling sports games.

But when it comes to being president and politics in general, I agree that all of his ideas have failed.

I too follow sports ,ALL sports , Male and Female. Obama follows YESTERDAYS sports results and reports them as a perdiction of an event yet to happen . Obama is truly brilliant in telling us after the fact what the outcome will be . He often times can do this without a "prompter" if the numerals are not very high. It is rumored he will perdict the WINNER of the 2008 World Series as son as he gets his "prompter" programmed.mmm- mmm-mmm-Obama!! -what a guy! They LOVE him in RIO!!!

Werbung:
The Olympics are important-don't get me wrong, but I just think that we have to many pressing issues at the moment rather than spending 900 grand to fly our beloved first family to Denmark. I really think that Mr. Obama has his priorities mixed up, thats all...

I too follow sports ,ALL sports , Male and Female. Obama follows YESTERDAYS sports results and reports them as a perdiction of an event yet to happen ...

NCAA Final Four this year - PBO was dead on, at least on North Carolina winning it all. The other three he missed totally - Michigan State, Connecticut & Villanova.

Gee, does that make me brighter than him? I didn't pick NC to win (had to stay loyal to my Spartans!) but I did pick 2 of the 4 for the dance. He missed on Louisville, Memphis and Pittsburgh...

Maybe I should have gone and plead the case for Chicago...

Werbung:
The Olympics are important-don't get me wrong, but I just think that we have to many pressing issues at the moment rather than spending 900 grand to fly our beloved first family to Denmark. I really think that Mr. Obama has his priorities mixed up, thats all...

Agreed. But hey, he wouldn't have been able to meet with the General if he hadn't been there! Here's this from the AP:

Obama's Copenhagen trip wasn't cheap

(AP) – 2 days ago

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama's failed bid to bring the 2016 Olympic Games to Chicago cost more than a bruised ego.

Taxpayers shelled out probably $1 million or more for the president, his wife and others to fly to Copenhagen and back to woo members of the International Olympic Committee.

A 2006 congressional study pegged the cost of flying Air Force One at $56,518 an hour. The Pentagon recently said it cost $100,219 an hour to fly the huge, reconfigured Boeing 747 without Obama aboard. The Pentagon estimate included more costs for support needs, such as maintenance.

At those rates, the president's 14-hour trip to Copenhagen and back cost about $790,000 to $1.4 million.

However, presidential travel requires additional spending, especially for security personnel and equipment. Also, first lady Michelle Obama and some administration officials traveled to Copenhagen at public expense ahead of the president.

The Copenhagen trip was not devoted entirely to the Olympics bid. Obama spent 25 minutes conferring with Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, his top Afghan war commander. McChrystal had been in London for a speech, and he made the relatively short trip to Denmark to meet with Obama.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Luckily, I'm guessing the cost for McChrystal to join PBO was peanuts. Good thing he hadn't found the 25 minutes to spend with him here in the U.S. when McChrystal was in Washington recently. The whole trip would have been a total waste, instead of a million or so to go get egg on your face.

Back