China accused of spending billions on pro-Russian disinformation campaign

reedak

1. China is spreading pro-Russian messaging as part of a campaign to pump disinformation around the world, a US special envoy has claimed. Beijing has reportedly spent billions on the campaign and the West has been accused of a slow response. A US state department body set up to “expose and counter” foreign propaganda and disinformation made the accusations.

James Rubin, a coordinator for the Global Engagement Center, told reporters during a European tour this week: “The well has been poisoned by Chinese and Russian disinformation – it’s pernicious.”....

Mr Rubin claimed Russia and China were spending billions of dollars to spread false information but said Beijing was operating on a global scale and pumping in more cash in its efforts compared to Moscow.

He also warned that China has been “repeating and promulgating the arguments of Russia about the war that it was started by NATO”....

Source Link: https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...n-US-special-envoy-James-Rubin-Russia-Ukraine

2. James Rubin has made himself a laughing stock by alleging that China has spent billions of dollars on pro-Russian disinformation. The fella makes the Chinese leader look like a fool while treating the rest of mankind as idiots or 3-year-olds. His surreal allegation could fuel a rise in anger and discontent among the Chinese and trigger an uprising.

Republicans have mocked Biden for shooting down a $12 hobby balloon with a $400,000 missile. China could have put its billions of dollars to better use by shooting down US warplanes or sinking US warships instead. If one Chinese missile also costs $400,000, we have to let Mr Rubin calculate the number of US aircraft or warships China can destroy with its missiles.

3. There is no need for China to help or care so much about Russia for the following reasons:

(a) Russia is not a tiny region but the largest country in the world. Using the analogy of Tyrannosaurus rex which could swallow other smaller dinosaurs, Russia is so large that it can easily "swallow" all other smaller states.

(b) Russia has the most confirmed nuclear weapons, with 6,257 nuclear warheads while China has 350 available nuclear weapons. If the world's top nuclear superpower needs the help of a weaker nuclear power to win a war, China will need a smaller country such as North Korea to win a war next time.

(c) Russia is not a Chinese province, so there is no reason for China to go poking its nose into the Russo-Ukraine war.

4. If Hanoi Hannah, a Vietnamese radio personality best known for her work during the Vietnam War, were to come back to life today, she might say: "During the Vietnam War, I have to yell and shout everyday just for a few dollars more to defeat the American imperialists in the propaganda war. How I envy those second-rate propagandists who can earn so much with so little effort and talent today!

5. If Mao Zedong could return from the Great Beyond today, he might chide the Chinese leader for wasting so much money in the following way: "I heard from my dear American friends down below that you have spent billions of dollars on pro-Russian disinformation campaign. During my time when all Chinese were poor and starving, I could still beat the American imperialists hollow in the propaganda war with just a fistful of dollars. You should have used such a large amount of money to help the poor people in our country or crush the American imperialists in their self-declared chip war. An idiot like you is not even fit to kiss my feet! Beginning from tomorrow, all our radios must blare out martial music and shouts of "Down with American imperialism!" (打倒美帝国主义!) everyday.

Additional Reference:

j_sem-2019-0054_fig_028.jpg

Werbung:
Back