CHINA telling our President 'How To Treat Tibet'???

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
China warns Obama not to raise Tibet

Sunday 15 November 2009

China's Foreign Ministry has sent a sharp message to US President Barack Obama just before his first trip to China that it will not accept attempts to frame the Tibet situation as a liberation struggle by Tibetans led by the Dalai Lama.

"The Dalai Lama was the overall leader of the Tibetan serf system in 1959 and, when the Chinese government abolished that system, it marked a tremendous step forward for the cause of human rights," said Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang on Sunday.
"In the same way, president Lincoln abolished slavery in the United States."
Mr Qin's statement reflected the Chinese view that Mr Obama, as the first black US president and an admirer of Abraham Lincoln, should appreciate the importance of liberating slaves - exactly what China did in Tibet in 1959.
"We hope that President Obama, more than any other foreign dignitary, can have a better and deeper understanding of China's position," he said.
China views Tibet as inherently part of its territory and a key symbol of Chinese sovereignty and independence.
But exiled Tibetans and their supporters in the West claim that Tibet was effectively independent for most of its history and regard Chinese rule as occupation.

<<for the rest of this story>>
http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/index.php/news/content/view/full/83228

Well, the time to pay the 'BOOKY' seems to be coming around quicker then I expected it. All of those Billions and now we're getting a sample of the direction that that I.O.U. is going to take :mad:

Werbung:

Sunday 15 November 2009

China's Foreign Ministry has sent a sharp message to US President Barack Obama just before his first trip to China that it will not accept attempts to frame the Tibet situation as a liberation struggle by Tibetans led by the Dalai Lama.

"The Dalai Lama was the overall leader of the Tibetan serf system in 1959 and, when the Chinese government abolished that system, it marked a tremendous step forward for the cause of human rights," said Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang on Sunday.
Mr Qin's statement reflected the Chinese view that Mr Obama, as the first black US president and an admirer of Abraham Lincoln, should appreciate the importance of liberating slaves - exactly what China did in Tibet in 1959.
"We hope that President Obama, more than any other foreign dignitary, can have a better and deeper understanding of China's position," he said.
China views Tibet as inherently part of its territory and a key symbol of Chinese sovereignty and independence.
But exiled Tibetans and their supporters in the West claim that Tibet was effectively independent for most of its history and regard Chinese rule as occupation.

Well, the time to pay the 'BOOKY' seems to be coming around quicker then I expected it. All of those Billions and now we're getting a sample of the direction that that I.O.U. is going to take :mad:

SOMEONE needs to tell the INEPT president something , why not CHINA!!??

Sunday 15 November 2009

This is not really a "new" development. China has been stuck on this message for years. I am not sure that the fact they have loaned us money gives them all that much leverage in this regard.

I think the biggest problem for Tibet is simply that they do not matter to American interests, and therefore are not going to get much meaningful support from any party in Washington.

This is not really a "new" development. China has been stuck on this message for years. I am not sure that the fact they have loaned us money gives them all that much leverage in this regard.

I think the biggest problem for Tibet is simply that they do not matter to American interests, and therefore are not going to get much meaningful support from any party in Washington.

Well, that is the absolute truth {in regard to Tibet} but you don't think that the 'stepping on egg shells' for our biggest lending machine {aka China} will make anything that they want to 'ISSUE' a statement about...something that we won't be issuing a 'FIRM RESPONSE' to?'

Because, now I'm thinking that there will be more human rights problems/sweat shop/child labor/slave trade that just gets ignored by our foreign policy makers and Hillary Clinton won't be allowed to say a word in dissent about them! BUT that's just me...the pessimist!

Werbung:
Well, that is the absolute truth {in regard to Tibet} but you don't think that the 'stepping on egg shells' for our biggest lending machine {aka China} will make anything that they want to 'ISSUE' a statement about...something that we won't be issuing a 'FIRM RESPONSE' to?'

I think that the currency reserves they are holding are a double edged sword for them as well. What can they really do with them? If they dump it, their own currency collapses and sends their economy into a spiral... if they call in all our debt, we would just print more money, causing problems for both us and them, but still a major one for them. I think the only leverage they might have is in trying to change to some form of world currency or monetary policy. Certainly they could have other leverage in terms of military etc, but in terms of leverage because we owe them money, I do not think it is all that big of a deal right now.

Because, now I'm thinking that there will be more human rights problems/sweat shop/child labor/slave trade that just gets ignored by our foreign policy makers and Hillary Clinton won't be allowed to say a word in dissent about them! BUT that's just me...the pessimist!

I mean, in reality, we ignore human rights problems around the world on a daily basis, and we have for years. Sure we might say something here and there about it, but unless we are willing to actually do something, the rhetoric would be meaningless in China anyway.

Back