Christian America

Dawkinsrocks

Americans, especially the right love to shout about their devotion to Jesus Christ as we all know

But how does the US measure up to the teachings of the New Testament?

Let's see

Blessed are the peacemakers

Hmm, not a good start is it. The most war mongering nation on earth doesn't really seem to take much notice of this one does it?

The love of money is the root of all evil

Oh dear. The US is the most materialistic nation on earth, consumed by gluttony and excess

It is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle

Doh, what ARE all those retardlican candidates going to do when they rise up from the dead expecting to take their place on a cloud next to a nude male harpist ( apart from get an erection of course). And what about all those firebrand preachers making millions from their stupid flock?

Love your enemy

Oops, I hardly need comment

Funny isn't it that Americans are so insanely religious that they actually believe God has favourite nations

Madder still that his all time favourite is the US

God knows why

Werbung:
More logical fallacies from Dawkins:

Ad hominem – attacking the arguer instead of the argument.
Judgmental language – insulting or pejorative language to influence the recipient's judgment.
Straw man – an argument based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.
Tu quoque ("you too", appeal to hypocrisy) – the argument states that a certain position is false or wrong and/or should be disregarded because its proponent fails to act consistently in accordance with that position.

Hmmm, not much of a rebuttal is it

I know it must be hard living such a spectacularly hypocritical and ignorant life but I am trying to help you

I mean, what about 'thou shall not kill' that you anti abortionists home in on and then support the carpet bombing of ccountries killing millions of innocent civilians.

Or the execution of innocent people largely for the crime of being poor and black.

What about vanity?

Look at all those grotesque middle aged people who have had so much surgery they look like they have had a massive shock inside a wind tunnel

And milions of people pumping shit into their bodies to satisfy their hideous quest for eternal youth because the US is such a superficial country

What about making reference to arcane pieces of scripture to legitimise homophobia but ignoring bits that say the sun goes round the earth.

What about 'if your enemy slaps you, turn the other cheek'?

Now come on America, when was the last time you practised that one? You all can't wait to get bombing other countries.

I guess I must be missing something and in some way what looks like gross hypocrisy and ludicrous cherry picking from the bible is the reality in the US.

Sadly Gen, your post didn't help me in any way to understand

It just made me thnk you have no argument, are sore about it but not man enoughto admit it

Sounds like YOU are projecting again, dear General!
Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people.
Feel free to make an attempt at substantiating your claim by pointing out where I have used logical fallacies during the course of this thread.

Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people.
Feel free to make an attempt at substantiating your claim by pointing out where I have used logical fallacies during the course of this thread.

If it is not clear to you, I can't help you.
You got the correct definition, you should recognize that your accusations towards Daw (and often towards me) are exactly the techniques that you uses (as well as many of your friends, especially Gipper) repeatedly.
Including:
Judgmental language – insulting or pejorative language to influence the recipient's judgment.

Good post

Gipper has said nothing other than accuse my post of absurdity

Of course he doesn't point to any specific example

This is because there aren't any

He can't argue against my points and he is not man enough to accept them

But then if you are on the religious right you have had your brain removed and replaced with a clockwork mouse so it isn't surprising

If it is not clear to you, I can't help you.
You got the correct definition, you should recognize that your accusations towards Daw (and often towards me) are exactly the techniques that you uses (as well as many of your friends, especially Gipper) repeatedly.
Including:
I say again, if you believe I have used any of these fallacies during the course of this thread, feel free to point them out. However, it seems more likely you will just continue making the same baseless accusations without offering evidence to substantiate your claims.

He can't argue against my points
You haven't made any to argue against.

But then if you are on the religious right you have had your brain removed and replaced with a clockwork mouse so it isn't surprising
Another example of an Ad Hominem... Are you paying attention to how that works Openmind?

My point is that the US presents itself as a Christian country

And that it acts in many ways opposite to the teachings of Jesus Christ

I have supported this with many examples

Only someone with a severely impaired IQ would fail to see that

I have demonstrated that the US is a war maker not a peacemaker

That it is obsessed by money, the oot of all evil

Etc

Etc

"render unto Caesar that which is Caeser's" The Messiah told us that religion and government are unrelated. and while there is much moral truth built into our law, we have specifically not presented ourselves as a Christian country because of the negatives Europe had/has in doing so.

Hang on

To have a hope of getting elected to president of the US you have to at least pretend that you are a Christian

But if you are saying that despite what it wants to think the US is in fact not a Christian country you are right

I'm not sure your fellow republicans are going to thank you for this rare moment of clarity

Werbung:

Fallacy of composition – assuming that something true of part of a whole must also be true of the whole.

America is not a Christian theocracy, our government's actions are not restricted to only those which conform with the "teachings of Jesus Christ", therefore your claim is fallacious. Because that fallacy serves as the foundation of your entire argument, the only way to support your argument is through the use of more fallacies. However, using a fallacy for the foundation of your argument, and providing additional fallacies to support it, does not result in having a logically sound argument.

Tu quoque ("you too", appeal to hypocrisy) – the argument states that a certain position is false or wrong and/or should be disregarded because its proponent fails to act consistently in accordance with that position.

...And I have cited the fallacies that invalidate your arguments.

Perhaps if you were better acquainted with the rules of logic, you would not feel the need to lash out at me for pointing to your errors.

Confirmation bias – the tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions.

Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

Begging the question (petitio principii) – where the conclusion of an argument is implicitly or explicitly assumed in one of the premises

Claiming that an argument is logical despite the fact that the argument itself violates the rules of logic, is irrational.

Back