Christian Cultural Struggle

KingClovis

The battleground for Christian spiritual warfare is culture. It isn't politics, much less empire. It's culture. Victory on that battlefield indirectly secures victory on many others, for religious culture lies at the heart of civilization itself. The bedrock of any durable society is its innate spiritual intuition, and it's within the realm of culture that religion plants its deepest and strongest roots. Therefore, Christians should fight harder than ever before to conquer the cultures they belong to, defending them jealously from every manner of subversion and suppression.

BATTLEFRONT: CULTURE:mad:

Werbung:
That's a little vague.

Care to be specific about what you mean?

Sure. Let's start with my favorite definition of 'culture': the ideas, customs, skills, arts, etc., of a people or group, that are transferred, communicated or passed along, as in or to succeeding generations. All of that should be distinctly Christian, IMO, in the West.

Whos persecuting you personally?

Stop talking utter rubbish.

No one offline. Online, however, I've noticed Christianity is hated, worldwide, especially in the West, which is frightening. Nonetheless, I'm grateful for this realization. It's awakened me to the reality that yes, Jesus' predictions on this matter are coming true. The day of our systematic, widespread persecution is coming.:(

Oh god, people are speaking ill of your religion on the internet.

Persecution!?

Tell that to the Jews of the middle of last century, or the peasents of the Middle East during the Crusades, or those being slaughtered in Africa, or tortured in the Inquisition.

Persecution. Jeeeesus.

Oh god, people are speaking ill of your religion on the internet.

Persecution!?

Tell that to the Jews of the middle of last century, or the peasents of the Middle East during the Crusades, or those being slaughtered in Africa, or tortured in the Inquisition.

Persecution. Jeeeesus.

Your problem, Sir, is that you detest Christianity. That's sad, given the fact Europe was once a uniquely Christian entity. Christianity was vital to the maintenance of traditional Western education, and ultimately, to the West's cultural survival. As a field of study, it serves as the only means by which we can understand how Western culture came to exist and what the essential values are for which it stands. :(

Perhaps this will enlighten you:

All religions struggle toward spiritual truth, yet only Christianity has achieved the ultimate breakthrough in understanding the will of God. Indeed, Christianity represents universal, cosmic change, and nothing less than the life of the world to come. Mine is a triumphalist perspective, as I advocate the necessity of Christianity for the maintenance of Western culture, and the broader salvation of Mankind. :)

Your problem, Sir, is that you detest Christianity. That's sad, given the fact Europe was once a uniquely Christian entity. Christianity was vital to the maintenance of traditional Western education, and ultimately, to the West's cultural survival. As a field of study, it serves as the only means by which we can understand how Western culture came to exist and what the essential values are for which it stands. :(

But Christianity itself brought Europe decades (if not centuries, depending on point of view) of warfare and oppression. Read up on the Age of Religious Warfare and the Inquisition and you'll see that Christianity hasn't been the immaculate beacon of civilization you seem to think of.

I wouldn't say I detest Christanity, or at least not just Christanity, but most organized religion and especially the bigots of the faith.

The religion wasn't vital to the Wests survival, thats utter rubbish. The West is only what it is because of Christanity, and thus its culture is deeply engrained with Christanity. But without it, something else would have taken its place and our culture would be different, but I'm sure humans and the land masses would still remain in the geographical location.

Perhaps this will enlighten you:

All religions struggle toward spiritual truth, yet only Christianity has achieved the ultimate breakthrough in understanding the will of God. Indeed, Christianity represents universal, cosmic change, and nothing less than the life of the world to come. Mine is a triumphalist perspective, as I advocate the necessity of Christianity for the maintenance of Western culture, and the broader salvation of Mankind. :)

It's such a shame this is a totally unfounded statement... as in seriously, with utterly no proff behind it at all. That has enlightened me about as much as a steaming dog turd on the floor. Thanks anyway.

But Christianity itself brought Europe decades (if not centuries, depending on point of view) of warfare and oppression. Read up on the Age of Religious Warfare and the Inquisition and you'll see that Christianity hasn't been the immaculate beacon of civilization you seem to think of.

Please name any movement that never made mistakes.:confused:

I wouldn't say I detest Christanity, or at least not just Christanity, but most organized religion and especially the bigots of the faith.

The religion wasn't vital to the Wests survival, thats utter rubbish. The West is only what it is because of Christanity, and thus its culture is deeply engrained with Christanity. But without it, something else would have taken its place and our culture would be different, but I'm sure humans and the land masses would still remain in the geographical location.

It's such a shame this is a totally unfounded statement... as in seriously, with utterly no proff behind it at all. That has enlightened me about as much as a steaming dog turd on the floor. Thanks anyway.

Nonsense, and disgusting diction. I'm beginning to question your overall attitude toward life itself. You're a bit of a 'downer', as they say.

Werbung:
Please name any movement that never made mistakes.:confused:

There are none, and I'd even grant you that, given the scope of Christianity's influence on the West (something which I do not deny), the major mistakes, errors, and problems caused by Christiantiy are relatively moderate (when compared with, say, communism, which caused hundreds of millions of deaths in only a century and a half). However, "moderate" is not exemplary. Your own argument here - that no movements are without mistakes, Christianity being no exception - puts Christianity on par with many other "movements," which is antithetical to your belief that Christianity is far superior to them.

Back