CHRISTIANITY is EVIL!

vyo476

Thought I'd borrow some of pale rider's and jb's logic to prove a point.

19:4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
"Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."
19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.
19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
19:8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

That's from the Book of Genesis - Lot, who was formerly declared a "just" and "righteous" man in the book, offers his two virgin daughters to an angry mob to keep them away from God's messengers.

34:1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.
34:2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.
34:3 And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel, and spake kindly unto the damsel.
Seems like they're in love...but wait a minute...
34:14 And they said unto them, We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to one that is uncircumcised; for that were a reproach unto us:
34:24 And unto Hamor and unto Shechem his son hearkened all that went out of the gate of his city; and every male was circumcised, all that went out of the gate of his city.
34:25 And it came to pass on the third day, when they were sore, that two of the sons of Jacob, Simeon and Levi, Dinah's brethren, took each man his sword, and came upon the city boldly, and slew all the males.
So much for love...Dinah's brothers go and slaughter not only the guy who "defiled" her, but also his father and the rest of the town.
34:31 And they said, Should he deal with our sister as with an harlot?
And so much for Dinah...at best they're chastising her for giving away her virginity before marriage. At worst they're equating a victim of rape to a whore. Way to go.

38:24 And it came to pass about three months after, that it was told Judah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot; and also, behold, she is with child by whoredom. And Judah said, Bring her forth, and let her be burnt.

Kinda speaks for itself.

That's it for Genesis...we'll be taking a look at Exodus in the next post.

Werbung:
On to Exodus...

4:23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn.
4:24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

What was that about "Thou shalt not kill"? Maybe it was really, "Thou shalt not kill - but I will!" It even rhymes.

7:3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
7:4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
Here we see God setting up Pharaoh so that Pharaoh won't be receptive to what Moses proposes (there's that rhyming again) so that God can do the whole plagues thing and teach those crazy Egyptians (not just Pharaoh, who is already a major league asshole) a lesson. I guess this is why whenever a leader indiscriminately visits suffering on innocents just to prove his superiority we say he has a "God complex."

11:4 And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt
11:5 And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the first born of Pharaoh that sitteth upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts.
11:6 And there shall be a great cry throughout all the land of Egypt, such as there was none like it, nor shall be like it any more.
So, a premeditated and direct assault on the people of an opposing nation used to weaken their and their leader's resolve to continue on a set course? Does it frighten you at all that God and William Sherman seem to have similar ideas on how defeat the enemy?

15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
Indeed.

20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.
Because there's no better way to express your love and appreciation for your God than by slaughtering a whole bunch of innocent animals and then burning their carcasses, right? Reminds me of a phrase I once heard..."All dogs go to heaven." Suddenly I wonder if maybe they'd rather be chilling in another afterlife, say with an omnipotent being that doesn't enjoy the random slaughter of animals.

21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
No swearing, Johnny, or we'll take you out back and bust in your skull with a big rock...

21:20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
So it isn't all right to beat your servant to death. That's good.
21:21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.
Oh...never mind...

22:16 And if a man entice a maid that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely endow her to be his wife.
Yeah, cause that worked out so well for the guy Dinah slept with.

22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
How many thousands of women have died because of this verse?

22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
There we have it, ladies and gentlemen: this is your Christian "jihad." If he's worshiping another God...kill him.

I could go on...there are some pretty ridiculous things in Exodus, like the regulations for what to do when an ox gores someone (most involve stoning the ox to death) and those fun provisions about how working on the Sabbath is punishable by death (more stoning - makes you wonder if God is a Phish fan).

In case anyone wanted a taste of the New Testament too, here's some Revelations for you.

19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

That's Jesus that this is talking about. Anyone who ever thought that Jesus was the original hippie...look no farther.

I think this all speaks for itself.

Thought I'd borrow some of pale rider's and jb's logic to prove a point.

Well these guys simeon and Levi seem like some evil dudes. Doesnt this take place thousands of years before Christianity and Jesu were even born? how does that show Christianity is evil? I see the recounting of an event. Where is the commandment to those in the present. Add something like 9.123] "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you ", that can be applied to the present, and I might see your point. MARK

Well these guys simeon and Levi seem like some evil dudes. Doesnt this take place thousands of years before Christianity and Jesu were even born? how does that show Christianity is evil? I see the recounting of an event. Where is the commandment to those in the present. Add something like 9.123] "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you ", that can be applied to the present, and I might see your point. MARK

As I understand it, the Bible tells stories of righteous men to set an example for future generations of Christianity. While these things do take place before the formation of Christianity they are still held as Christian religious texts (the Old Testament is still a part of the Christian Bible, unless I'm much mistaken).

Anyway, keep reading and you'll see that there are a few particularly damning statements made by God. As for a comparison to the quote you posted...try this one:

22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

Also, try reading the whole post if you plan on commenting on it.

In case anyone wanted a taste of the New Testament too, here's some Revelations for you.

That's Jesus that this is talking about. Anyone who ever thought that Jesus was the original hippie...look no farther.

I think this all speaks for itself.

So in the second coming Jesus is going to wage war. Has no impact on the present and doesnt command believers to take any action. Sounds like a prophecy for the future as opposed to a commandment to "slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush," MARK

As I understand it, the Bible tells stories of righteous men to set an example for future generations of Christianity. While these things do take place before the formation of Christianity they are still held as Christian religious texts (the Old Testament is still a part of the Christian Bible, unless I'm much mistaken).

Of course you are. You are just making this **** up as you go along. Here are a few different interpretations of the old testament in Christianity. Notice that none of them even resemble the theology of your own creation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament#Christian_view_of_the_Law

MARK

So in the second coming Jesus is going to wage war. Has no impact on the present and doesnt command believers to take any action. Sounds like a prophecy for the future as opposed to a commandment to "slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush," MARK

One of the chief charges against Muhammad is that he was more of a warlord than a religious leader. It looks to me that Jesus can be viewed in the same light. If it were meant to have no impact on the present it wouldn't have been in the damn book.

As for something that is as bad as that - no, but the Bible is a great deal more subtle about these types of things. Check this out:

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Once again, that's Jesus. He might not be saying, "Go out and kill infidels!" but he is saying, "I didn't come to spread peace, I came to make war." And somehow I doubt he was there to make war on his own believers.

That, by the way, was during his first stay on Earth - not the second coming, as in the passage about the Horse and all that. Oops?

One of the chief charges against Muhammad is that he was more of a warlord than a religious leader. It looks to me that Jesus can be viewed in the same light. If it were meant to have no impact on the present it wouldn't have been in the damn book.

I dont believe Jesus ever killed anybody. He was a pascivist. Turn the other cheek and all of that. Well, it has an impact in that it leads believers to fear jesus upon the second coming and possibly compels them to be good and avoid sin in the present.

Revealing to see your lame arguements here regarding christianity, and compare them with the ease with which you dismiss all the Islamic writings as metaphors for something other than the meaning of the words. MARK

People who say Islam is evil can't win here. Islam is only evil if people use it for evil, just like Christianity.

I dont believe Jesus ever killed anybody. He was a pascivist. Turn the other cheek and all of that. Well, it has an impact in that it leads believers to fear jesus upon the second coming and possibly compels them to be good and avoid sin in the present.

Revealing to see your lame arguements here regarding christianity, and compare them with the ease with which you dismiss all the Islamic writings as metaphors for something other than the meaning of the words. MARK

Maybe he didn't kill anybody, but he was meant to be presented as a warlike figure who was fully capable of killing, even if he never actually did it. Somehow I doubt he was ever really cloaked in blood, leading an army in white linen (something tells me the Romans would have had a much tougher time crucifying him if he had). Still, the passage exists, and for a reason - to incite fear of violence and death, perpetuated by Jesus Christ.

This thread was designed to prove a point. You're using the same basic tactics to dismiss the "evils" of Christianity as I use to dismiss the "evils" of Islam. I don't actually think Christianity is evil - this whole thread is just to prove my point in the Islam thread.

Here's some more lovely stuff from the Christian Bible (Book of Deuteronomy):

7:2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:
7:3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.
7:4 For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
7:5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images, and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire.
7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

All that sounds terribly familiar.

Basically Mark, you've lost this one. If you follow either of these religions literally, and act upon the text in ways like the quotes above, then your religion is going to be evil.

Werbung:
Back