Cindy Sheehan threatens to run against Pelosi

steveox

CRAWFORD, Texas - Cindy Sheehan, the slain soldier's mother whose attacks on President Bush made her a darling of the anti-war movement, has a new target: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Sheehan, who announced in late May that she was departing the peace movement, said she decided to run against Pelosi unless the congresswoman moves to oust Bush in the next two weeks.

"I think all politicians should be held accountable," Sheehan told The Associated Press on Sunday. "Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership. We hired them to bring an end to the war."

Sheehan said she will run as an independent against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 if Pelosi does not file articles of impeachment against Bush by July 23. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.

Although Sheehan has never held public office, she said she already has the name recognition and would not have to run against Pelosi in a primary.

"I would give her a run for her money," Sheehan said.

Pelosi spokesman Brendan Daly said the congresswoman has said repeatedly her focus is on ending the war in Iraq.

She believes that the best way to support our troops in Iraq is to bring them home safely and soon," Daly said in an e-mail to the AP. "July will be a month of action in Congress to end the war, including a vote to redeploy our troops by next spring."

Sheehan, who turns 50 on Tuesday, said Bush should be impeached because she believes he misled the public about the reasons for going to war, violated the Geneva Convention by torturing detainees and crossed the line by commuting the prison sentence of former vice presidential aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. She said other grounds for impeachment are the domestic spying program and the "inadequate and tragic" response to Hurricane Katrina.

The White House declined to comment Sunday.

Sheehan said she hopes Pelosi files the articles of impeachment. But if not, Sheehan said she is ready to run for office

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070709/ap_on_el_ho/cindy_sheehan_pelosi;_ylt=Ai.yOp.cZSmEWjDxM6m8sZHMWM0F

See Her and i have the same oppisite politics.She is a Liberal Democrat the same as Nancy Pelosi is a Liberal Democrat. Im a Moderate Republican and so is George Bush. But i have differances then the President has and Cindy Sheehan has differances then Nancy Pelosi politics. Im Complaining about George Bush cause he Vetoed the Stem Cell bill. And im a lil against the war in Iraq but im for a differant kind of agressive war against IRAN and North Korea. Thats why im Voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton in 08 because republicans now say one thing but they really mean another. Thats why i just dont trust any republican candidates cause what if i vote for Mitt Romney? And he does win turns right around and Vetoes the Stem Cell reaserch? Then i really feel like a horses jackass now would i? Thats why i have to vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton in 08!!

Werbung:
This is a form of voter backlash against politicians. It works on both sides of the fence.

Sheehan is appealing to the far left and might even come in 2cd in the Dem primary.

As part of the backlash on the other side of the fence. I just signed a petition at recallmel.org aimed to recall Mel Martinez. The petition may go nowhere but just may serve to get the attention of the elected.

If they don't pay attention to our words, a blow to the head from a 2x4 may get their attention.

While I saw this, and Sheehan can run for elected office the same as anyone else, but this stuff about impeaching Bush is just not in the pie. He has not done anything to this point to require impeachment. Besides, why would the democrats want to remove Bush from office, Cheney would take over, and that my friends would not be pretty.
Sheehan, run all you like, but you dont have a chance in hell of winning.

While I saw this, and Sheehan can run for elected office the same as anyone else, but this stuff about impeaching Bush is just not in the pie. He has not done anything to this point to require impeachment. Besides, why would the democrats want to remove Bush from office, Cheney would take over, and that my friends would not be pretty.

But she can cost Pelosi the Election, Go see AKA BOB DOLE for example how Ross H Perot got Clinton RE-Elected.

At least if Cheney took over, there would be some honesty about who's making the decisions...;)

But she can cost Pelosi the Election, Go see AKA BOB DOLE for example how Ross H Perot got Clinton RE-Elected.

Difference is Clinton is electable nation-wide; virtually no Republican is electable in Pelosi's district.

Werbung:
Back