Civilian Death Toll in Iraq May Top One Million

Truth-Bringer

Civilian Death Toll in Iraq May Top One Million

Article link

That's civilians already dead, not some projection into the future. But who cares, no big deal, as long as Bush can cling to the fantasy that he has some legacy (other than as Worst President ever) to salvage if only he stays the course.

Werbung:
I think it is a believable number. In the VN war, I got very sick of the news continually telling about dead Americans and never mentioning dead Vien Namese. To me that just says that we do not care at all about the people we are supposed to be saving.

And we keep doing it. Every country we fight in, our people are the only ones who matter. As Truth Bringer said, "big deal."

maybe a million displaced, not dead.
but of course the Islamic source will point and tell you that a million people are now gone.
in translation it means they are in Syria, Iran, and other places... not Allah's garden in heaven with 72 virgins.

Without having access to the article, I am not sure if those numbers are accurate, I do know from talking to those on the ground that the situation since the surge has improved but it is a fragile one.
Also, considering it is an insurgency, I wonder what the definition of a civilian is versus a fighter.
I think it is a believable number. In the VN war, I got very sick of the news continually telling about dead Americans and never mentioning dead Vien Namese. To me that just says that we do not care at all about the people we are supposed to be saving.
If one looks at the situation in the Vietnam war, they quit taking body counts of enemy dead by and large. The reasoning is not to glorify those deaths in a numbers of our dead versus thiers. I can somewhat understand the reasoning behind it.
As for caring about casualties, I think the far majority of Americans, especially service members do care. If it were up to me, the Iraqis would be living peacefully and enjoying the prosperity they deserve after decades of war and oppression caused by thier own leadership, despite having a very considerable amount of resource wealth within thier borders. Whose fault it is they dont have that situation is debatable and I dont have a simple answer to that issue.

On a side note:
What do women get? I have no use for 72 virgins.
I am a heterosexual man, and really have little desire for that many virgins.

Looks like women have little rights under Fundamentalist Christianity as well.
Popeye, as usual your partisan shows through...tell me this my friend, how much influence do you think his religion would have over his Presidency?

I dont think Huckabee is such a bad guy, he would make an alright President after he gets his foreign policy figured out.

Popeye, as usual your partisan shows through...tell me this my friend, how much influence do you think his religion would have over his Presidency?

I dont think Huckabee is such a bad guy, he would make an alright President after he gets his foreign policy figured out.

Mike Huckabee is a religious fanatic. One of his first acts as governor of Arkansas was to block Medicaid from funding an abortion for a mentally retarded teen-ager who had been raped by her stepfather. An act in direct violation of federal law. Real nice.

He doesn't believe in evolution, in fact he thinks the earth is only 6000 years old. Give me a break. As president, the Huckster would support a constitutional amendment banning abortion. You can be sure religion would always come before science. “Science changes with every generation and with new discoveries, and God doesn’t,” he says. Get ready for intelligent design.

His entire policy, foreign and domestic, would be reflective of what he thinks his God wants him to do.

We need a president not a preacher.

Mike Huckabee is a religious fanatic. One of his first acts as governor of Arkansas was to block Medicaid from funding an abortion for a mentally retarded teen-ager who had been raped by her stepfather. An act in direct violation of federal law. Real nice.

He doesn't believe in evolution, in fact he thinks the earth is only 6000 years old. Give me a break. As president, the Huckster would support a constitutional amendment banning abortion. You can be sure religion would always come before science. “Science changes with every generation and with new discoveries, and God doesn’t,” he says. Get ready for intelligent design.

His entire policy, foreign and domestic, would be reflective of what he thinks his God wants him to do.

wow, I didn't realize he was such a weirdo. thanks for the info.

I'm not really a Huckabee supporter, but I think you have misrepresented his view.

Check out what he has to say on the issue of the age of the Earth and evolution here.

Werbung:
I'm not really a Huckabee supporter, but I think you have misrepresented his view.

Check out what he has to say on the issue of the age of the Earth and evolution here.

In a Republican candidate debate, the candidates were asked if there was anyone who doesn't believe in evolution. Brownback, Tancredo, and Huckabee raised their hands. Can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Cc8t3Zd5E

That link you gave me, just showed Huckabee dancing around the issue. Proving that, if nothing else, he is a politician.

Back