climate gate...load of hot air...

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
LONDON – The first of several British investigations into the e-mails leaked from one of the world's leading climate research centers has largely vindicated the scientists involved.

The House of Commons' Science and Technology Committee said Wednesday that they'd seen no evidence to support charges that the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit or its director, Phil Jones, had tampered with data or perverted the peer review process to exaggerate the threat of global warming — two of the most serious criticisms levied against the climatologist and his colleagues.

In their report, the committee said that, as far as it was able to ascertain, "the scientific reputation of Professor Jones and CRU remains intact," adding that nothing in the more than 1,000 stolen e-mails, or the controversy kicked up by their publication, challenged scientific consensus that "global warming is happening and that it is induced by human activity."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100330/ap_on_re_us/climate_hacked_e_mails

I am sure the right will cry and have some excuse and bull...but as we said from the start...the facts will remain the same.

Werbung:
LONDON – The first of several British investigations into the e-mails leaked from one of the world's leading climate research centers has largely vindicated the scientists involved.

The House of Commons' Science and Technology Committee said Wednesday that they'd seen no evidence to support charges that the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit or its director, Phil Jones, had tampered with data or perverted the peer review process to exaggerate the threat of global warming — two of the most serious criticisms levied against the climatologist and his colleagues.

In their report, the committee said that, as far as it was able to ascertain, "the scientific reputation of Professor Jones and CRU remains intact," adding that nothing in the more than 1,000 stolen e-mails, or the controversy kicked up by their publication, challenged scientific consensus that "global warming is happening and that it is induced by human activity."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100330/ap_on_re_us/climate_hacked_e_mails

I am sure the right will cry and have some excuse and bull...but as we said from the start...the facts will remain the same.

The facts will continue to take a backseat to the rhetoric, the naysayers have been so happy to finally have SOMETHING to hang their arguments on that they won't relinguish it easily. Conspiracy theorists to the end.

Moore Island has disappeared under the rising ocean levels. India and Pakistan have been fighting over it for a long time, but through the wonder of modern technology we have ended the battle by sinking the island. Cool! Who said global climate change wouldn't be a good thing?

they'd seen no evidence to support charges that the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit or its director, Phil Jones, had tampered with data or perverted the peer review process

So the emails in which they admitted doing exactly that, somehow don't count any more?

Thank God. I was worried they'd been telling the truth for a while there. :eek:

So the emails in which they admitted doing exactly that, somehow don't count any more?

Thank God. I was worried they'd been telling the truth for a while there. :eek:
....And, your $48.5 million has been well-$pent, too, right????

"The company’s founder, Fred Koch, who once earned $5 million building oil refineries in the Soviet Union during Joseph Stalin’s reign, was a co-founder of the libertarian John Birch Society."

898.gif

"The newly-issued Greenpeace report, however, goes into unprecedented detail on the network of Koch-backed organizations and politicians that make up what it describes as a "web of dirty money and influence."

Among the top recipients of Koch funding are Americans for Prosperity, the Heritage Foundation, and the Cato Institute, which was co-founded by Charles Koch in 1977. Lesser amounts have gone to such groups as Grover Norquist's Americans for Tax Reform and the Capital Research Center, which has been the primary source of ACORN-related conspiracy theories."

420242.65560.jpg

you don't even know what they did.

You can keep ducking the question. I'll just keep asking it.

Your call.

(The answer's obvious, of course. They did indeed do the things they admitted to in their emails. Only complete loons could think otherwise... or people trying desperately to wish away the truth. Which are you?)

Your call.

(The answer's obvious, of course. They did indeed do the things they admitted to in their emails. Only complete loons could think otherwise... or people trying desperately to wish away the truth. Which are you?)

The people who wrote the emails said they were taken out of context, they noted that the scientific use of some of the words is different from the common usage. And a few emails by a few scientists don't dismiss the world of science in its entirety. Now if you could prove a conspiracy, if you could show that all--or even a significant majority--were lying, then I'd listen to you instead of looking at the science.

Werbung:

Your call.

They and I am not responsible for your ignorance of science.

Back