Clinton economics

dahermit

Question: If the economic policies of Democrat/Conservatives are so detrimental to the economy of our free enterprise system, how was it that when Clinton left office there was a surplus and when GW Bush left office there was a deficit? Explain it to me please.

Werbung:
When Clinton left the WH, the Repubilcans were in control of the House thanks to the Contract With America. When GWB left the WH, Democrats were in control of Congress.
From my blog...

Budget Outlook Worsens

Yesterday, CBO released its updated 2008-2018 Budget and Economic Outlook. The report projects a $407 billion deficit (2.9 percent of GDP) in FY 2008, a $438 billion deficit (3.0 percent of GDP) in FY 2009, and a $2.7 trillion deficit over the 2008-2018 period.

In January 2007, the same month Democrats took control of Congress, CBO projected an $800 billion surplus over the 2008-2017 period. The new report projects a $2.6 trillion deficit over the same period and thus represents a $3.4 trillion projected deterioration of the nation’s finances in 20 months.

Question: If the economic policies of Democrat/Conservatives are so detrimental to the economy of our free enterprise system, how was it that when Clinton left office there was a surplus and when GW Bush left office there was a deficit? Explain it to me please.

You question is misleading. You should have said Progressive rather than Democrat unless of course you think all Ds are progressives, which is incorrect. Many are communists.

Ditto Gen's post, but I would add that comparing BJ Boy to W Dipstick is like comparing apples to...well apples. Both were progressives with very slight differences.

Why do libs dislike Bush so much when he like them, is a progressive? They really need psychiatric care.

And, why do libs persist with this idiotic complaint about presidents and deficits? Do they not know that Congress sets the federal budget NOT the president? Rhetorical question...

Libs actually believe BJ Boy wanted a surplus and that the R congress had nothing to do with his budget surplus. They are nuts!!!!!!

WHOOPS! I meant "Democrat/Liberals", not "Democrat/Conservatives".

Now, explain why Clinton ended up with a surplus, Bush a deficit. Economics only please, do not make we wade though paragraph after paragraph of, "Libs hate Bush, etc. Just the economic facts.

WHOOPS! I meant "Democrat/Liberals", not "Democrat/Conservatives".

Now, explain why Clinton ended up with a surplus, Bush a deficit. Economics only please, do not make we wade though paragraph after paragraph of, "Libs hate Bush, etc. Just the economic facts.

It is really very simple. The Rs controlled congress and they approved balanced budgets under BJ's last few budgets. Get it?

Now if the Rs had continue to follow conservative policies under Dipstick Bush, balanced budgets and surpluses would have continued. But, they choose to govern like libs/progressives which resulted in deficits which are now much larger under your Messiah BO.

It is really very simple. The Rs controlled congress and they approved balanced budgets under BJ's last few budgets. Get it?

Now if the Rs had continue to follow conservative policies under Dipstick Bush, balanced budgets and surpluses would have continued. But, they choose to govern like libs/progressives which resulted in deficits which are now much larger under your Messiah BO.

So, what you are saying is that despite Clinton being a Liberal, he did not set economic policy, Democrats did not get any significant bills though congress that controlled the economy at that time and produced the surplus?

In August 1993, Clinton signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, which passed Congress without a Republican vote. It cut taxes for fifteen million low-income families, made tax cuts available to 90% of small businesses,[55] and raised taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of taxpayers.[56] Additionally, through the implementation of spending restraints, it mandated the budget be balanced over a number of years.

The following is the official public debt for fiscal years during which Clinton haunted the White House: And guess how they did it..

09/30/1992............$4,064,620,655,521.66
09/29/2000............$5,674,178,209,886.86

Increase in total public debt: $1.61T

During the years they reported surplus receipts they ignored the fact they were failing to count increasing debts between government agencies. Most of this was debt with Social Security where current receipts were greater than current payments. The way this was presented by the liberal media would make Enron blush.

Doug

During the years they reported surplus receipts they ignored the fact they were failing to count increasing debts between government agencies. Most of this was debt with Social Security where current receipts were greater than current payments. The way this was presented by the liberal media would make Enron blush.

Doug
Do you have a citation for that?

so, what you are saying is that despite clinton being a liberal, he did not set economic policy, democrats did not get any significant bills though congress that controlled the economy at that time and produced the surplus?

NO, that is not what I said.

The president is always involved in setting economic policy. But in BJ's case he was forced to work with the opposing party who just so happened to have control of both houses of congress after 1995 and you do know congress ultimately approves the federal budget...and you do know the budget is but one aspect of an economic policy...understand????

The article you posted is from 1993. You do know that the Dems were in control of congress then...well maybe not...please thank me for keeping you informed.

Clinton benefited from an econiomy that finally got rolling a month too late to benefit Bush I not to mention the dot com bubble, Bush got t clean up after the bubble burst. And deal with 9-11. And the corporate accounting scandals.

Clinton benefited from an econiomy that finally got rolling a month too late to benefit Bush I not to mention the dot com bubble, Bush got t clean up after the bubble burst. And deal with 9-11. And the corporate accounting scandals.
Which Bush are you refering to?

Werbung:

cause Bush deregulated the financial industry so much that the world crushed:cool: you cant expect a good economy while reckoning without a good financial system:eek:

Back