CNN, MSNBC call out Faux News for promoting the teabaggers

Popeye

You know the teabaggers have become a nationwide laughingstock, similar, as I believe I pointed out yesterday, to Sarah Palin. What's odd, is just like with their ridiculous support for the Wasilla hillbilly, those on the right don't seem to realize people are laughing at them....it's very strange.

Anyway, Faux's promotion of the tea parties plus the distinctly partisan tone the teabaggers have taken, has not escaped notice ...

Cable news networks CNN and MSNBC are calling out their competitor, Fox News, by raising questions Monday about the propriety of Fox's highly promotional coverage of the burgeoning tax day tea party movement.

In a package that aired on the "Situation Room" Monday, media critic Howard Kurtz said Fox seemed to be a "co-sponsor" of tea parties. Kurtz closed by saying "the question is whether Rupert Murdoch's network wants to be so closely identified with what has become an anti-Obama protest movement."

Fox had a ready answer Monday afternoon from Neil Cavuto's fill-in host, Stuart Varney, who ended an interview with a guest by saying, "It's now my great duty to promote the tea parties. Here we go!"

On MSNBC, "Hardball" host Chris Matthews was flabbergasted by a Fox tea party promotion promising "fair and balanced" coverage of the events.

"You know, I got to believe that Roger has the biggest tongue in his cheek when he does these ads. 'We report. You decide.' Balanced coverage of an anti-government rally. Balanced coverage of that. It's amazing."

Kurtz and Matthews also questioned whether the tea party movement has true grassroots or just astroturf. Kurtz subtly jabbed the notion that the tea parties are a bottom-up campaign, noting that conservative celebrities like Michelle Malkin and Newt Gingrich are "among those backing what's being billed as a grassroots movement."

Mathews was a bit more caustic, asking a guest whether he was "personally angry that Newt Gingrich is hijacking a populous crusade."

"How much of this is real people," Matthews asked, "and how much of it is good old partisan politics?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/13/tax-day-tea-parties-cnn-m_n_186391.html

Werbung:
You know the teabaggers have become a nationwide laughingstock, similar, as I believe I pointed out yesterday, to Sarah Palin. What's odd, is just like with their ridiculous support for the Wasilla hillbilly, those on the right don't seem to realize people are laughing at them....it's very strange.

Anyway, Faux's promotion of the tea parties plus the distinctly partisan tone the teabaggers have taken, has not escaped notice ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/13/tax-day-tea-parties-cnn-m_n_186391.html

In response to your observation in this portion of your post:
those on the right don't seem to realize people are laughing at them....it's very strange.

Do YOU realize we think you people on the left are totally RETARDED? ... and absolutely CLUELESS?

You people are proof that the hippie generation should have left LSD, mesc, and shrooms alone.

... I just noticed that you are from Washington state ... where sex with animals is actually LEGAL! ... so long as no one can prove the animal did NOT like it.

Being from a state which allows that (and really I am NOT JOKING for those who don't believe it - it is actually LEGAL) you think that your type laughing at conservatives matters to us?

You are overly impressed with your warped concept of what is humorous while you can legally play with your horse or sheep!

Who is the REAL JOKE here??​

State Sen. Pam Roach wants Washington residents to stop horsing around with their stallions — and other domesticated animals.

Roach, outraged by a Seattle man's death after having sex with a horse

(THE LINK)

... like the moron laughing at regular people ... who is the joke here?

... I just noticed that you are from Washington state ... where sex with animals is actually LEGAL! ... so long as no one can prove the animal did NOT like it.

Being from a state which allows that (and really I am NOT JOKING for those who don't believe it - it is actually LEGAL) you think that your type laughing at conservatives matters to us?

You are overly impressed with your warped concept of what is humorous while you can legally play with your horse or sheep!

Washington is one of the more progressive states in the union...we have a Democratic governor, a Democratic legislature, 2 Democratic senators, a law allowing the use of pot for medicinal purposes and just recently passed a death with dignity initiative..leaving ourselves and Oregon as the only 2 states to do so. I can't comment on your state as apparently you have deemed it necessary to hide your true location....somewhere in redneck central no doubt.

One thing is for certain, I wouldn't refer to teabaggers as "regular people"...they are right wing losers that have been whining since last November. It has now reached a crescendo with these ridiculous partisan tea parties which, for all their faults, I wouldn't change because they are great comedic fodder.

Washington is one of the more progressive states in the union...we have a Democratic governor, a Democratic legislature, 2 Democratic senators, a law allowing the use of pot for medicinal purposes and just recently passed a death with dignity initiative..leaving ourselves and Oregon as the only 2 states to do so. I can't comment on your state as apparently you have deemed it necessary to hide your true location....somewhere in redneck central no doubt.

One thing is for certain, I wouldn't refer to teabaggers as "regular people"...they are right wing losers that have been whining since last November. It has now reached a crescendo with these ridiculous partisan tea parties which, for all their faults, I wouldn't change because they are great comedic fodder.

Yup - progressive ...

Thats why in about 1989 Todd shipyard closed its doors to slow down the effects of an over powering union and the state was hiring outside contractors to sweep the streets because of your progressive unions.

When are you going to figure out that you are just the overflow of Californian screw ups and the real estate boom of 1989 was because people who screwed up California ran to Washington.

You sound like a Cedar Hills graduate ...

The joke here is that certain "types" of people who never bothered to use their right/responsibility to vote before this election, actually have the nerve to bag on decent AMERICANS for expressing their patriotism or dislike for what is happening in the political arena.

The joke here is that certain "types" of people who never bothered to use their right/responsibility to vote before this election, actually have the nerve to bag on decent AMERICANS for expressing their patriotism or dislike for what is happening in the political arena.

Yeah, like your "type" never bothered to complain during the Bush Administration....didn't matter that he was spending trillions on a war of choice, didn't matter that he violated the Constitution with the Patriot Act ....tell me where were all you "patriots" then?

The teabaggers aren't "patriots" they're hypocrites...Republicans, Faux News and hate radio enabled hypocrites with a specific right wing GOP agenda.

You're fooling no one but yourselves...

Gallup Daily; Obama Job Approval

Approve-62%

Disapprove-29%

Yeah, like your "type" never bothered to complain during the Bush Administration....
Actually, I signed several petitions to have him impeached.
Republicans, Faux News and hate radio enabled hypocrites with a specific right wing GOP agenda.
And CNN enables your side, so what's your problem?

Here's the bottom line Popeye. Some of us whom you lump together as having a lone political mentality happen to just be living our lives, and the fact that some of us have more to begin with is just the way it goes. I don't give a damn who is in power in Congress. I have the intelligence and money to get around it. Those of you who NEED the government to provide for you are the ones with a problem. Do you think I need to try to fool you? Lol.

It's fitting that Liberals laugh at the rest of us. I have laughed at Popeye's pathetic posts for ages. I still do. It's even amusing that he takes the side of the mass media that has refused to cover Tea Party protests across the nation... when I thought they were simply supposed to report on events going on.

So, that's fine. Laugh all you want. Just know I'm laughing right back at you! :D

It's fitting that Liberals laugh at the rest of us. I have laughed at Popeye's pathetic posts for ages. I still do. It's even amusing that he takes the side of the mass media that has refused to cover Tea Party protests across the nation... when I thought they were simply supposed to report on events going on.

So, that's fine. Laugh all you want. Just know I'm laughing right back at you! :D

Hey Andy, you shouldn't complain about the mass media not covering the tea parties to your liking...After all, you've got Faux News not only actively promoting the right wing events but they've even gone and affixed their name to them..

fox-20090408-opposition2.jpg

Clearly its you....( mods can I please get a pass and rip him a new one for that realy dumb post? please?)

Who gives a rat's a$$ what MSNBC Obama Network says. They can go and coddle Obama and Biden all they want.

Heck, I hope they go off the air because they are not worth watching.

If you are going to choose what to cover, based on bias, then you should not be called a news company. Period.

Besides, Popeye...
If it wasn't such a big thing, why would they, go out of their way to talk about it... huh?

You really make me laugh.

Who gives a rat's a$$ what MSNBC Obama Network says. They can go and coddle Obama and Biden all they want.

Heck, I hope they go off the air because they are not worth watching.

If you are going to choose what to cover, based on bias, then you should not be called a news company. Period.

Besides, Popeye...
If it wasn't such a big thing, why would they, go out of their way to talk about it... huh?

You really make me laugh.

then why is fox news?

When the gays protested, fox covered it, when there were pro war and anti war protests, fox covered it.

They didn't pick not to cover the un-popular thing for the president at that time, they just cover the news.

They just cover the stuff the Main Stream refuses to as well as the stuff the main stream does and that just pisses off the libs and the main stream.

Well too flippin' bad.

Werbung:
Clearly its you....( mods can I please get a pass and rip him a new one for that realy dumb post? please?)

really?? is that all you can say??

apparently; you are the ONLY one who is convinced something you perceive is clear.

no matter how hard you try to twist something - nor how many people think its cool to agree with your disturbed interpretation does not make your factious concept correct.

You can't compete with me so you divert your comment about the post to the mods? :D of course!

Back