Condense the board...

MichaelH

Too many separate forums. Since they (the forums) brush shoulders so closely content-wise, a poster may think he's putting up a controversial thread that'll get lots of comment...when in fact it'll simply get lost in the clutter.

In short, the number of forums that contain much the same content, dilutes the overall board too much...

You might give some consideration to condensing. I post occasionally on a motorcycle board that has the same problem. A "cousin" board with fewer forums has a lot more participation.

Werbung:
Well, politics is different from motorcycle, so I don't think you can compare them.

But I do agree that there are many forums. I guess when there are more members, the forums will become more active.

Well, politics is different from motorcycle, so I don't think you can compare them.

But I do agree that there are many forums. I guess when there are more members, the forums will become more active.
Just so you'll know, I'm not comparing motorcycles to politics. I'm discussing having too many forums that spread a poster material around too much.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are right. We were already thinking of merging the Debates into one single forum. If you have any suggestions as to what forums to merge let us know.

Also, if anyone thinks we should not merge certain forums let us know!

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you are right. We were already thinking of merging the Debates into one single forum. If you have any suggestions as to what forums to merge let us know.

Also, if anyone thinks we should not merge certain forums let us know!
I'd be tempted to use the numbers, some. (math gets in my way a lot...:( )

I think I'd look at the lesser utilized forums first, to see if their titles could be integrated with the titles of the more popular forums...

Werbung:
We have merged some forums. Check the announcement, at the top of any forum.

Back