1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Corporate tax rates

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by jbander, Jun 2, 2021.

1. jbander

jbander Well-Known Member

Every comment on this forum that compares tax rate from country to country and suggest that's what is paid in those country's should not be allowed space on this forum/ It's not a opinion it's just a lie. That goes for every tax in this country. Personal and corporate. Allowing the rate to be the basis of a argument here is just plane nonsense. The only thing that counts is the reality of what they pay. I'm tired of the brain dead arguments from the right suggesting anything because of the rates and not the real rate they pay.

2. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

The most important point is the difference between the tax paid by small businesses and by corporate America. The keyword is corporate tax avoidance.

3. jbander

jbander Well-Known Member

Don't get conned by the small business routine , some are up to 40 million a year gross.

4. Walter

Walter Administrator Staff Member

I have a small business myself and in good years I pay more tax in my country than a large US coffeehouse chain (*) - thats quite absurd.

* of course not VAT or wage tax but income tax