Curiousity Question

Werbung:
Actually USMC, your signature inspired me to find a signature and avatar for my profile

It certainly is.

When I was little, the park that my father worked at as head of the Town's Recreation Department was named after Patton. One of his tanks was plunked down as a show piece in the middle of the park - although they had to fill it in with cement.

It certainly is.

My hero. He's the owner of my 3 favorite quotes:

"War is the supreme test of man in which he rises to heights never approached in any other activity."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”

“Were not just going to shoot the bastards, were going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads on our tanks.”

One more of his quotes that I've always liked:
"You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisciplined in small things. There is only one sort of discipline - perfect discipline."

"War is the supreme test of man in which he rises to heights never approached in any other activity."

I would disagree. Peace is the supreme test of man. It's easy to destroy. Much harder to put the peices back together again, or forge a unity from disparate views.

I would disagree. Peace is the supreme test of man. It's easy to destroy. Much harder to put the peices back together again, or forge a unity from disparate views.

I'm not sure I agree with either of you. For some people, war really is all that. For others, peace really is all that. Depends on who you are. Suffice it to say that we need more of both.

I think you are misunderstanding. Patton didn't get involved with politics, in fact, he hated political bull****. He was a warrior. He thrived on the challenges and hardships presented by armed conflict. That is his point. He's saying that it's easy to be a man in peace, when there are no challenges, no enemy, nothing threatening. But war is what separates the men from the boys.

Werbung:
Back