Daily Kos Supports Cyberterror

GenSeneca

The ever Progressive smear machine known as the Daily Kos has released a Do it yourself cyberterrorism 101 manual for all their Progbots:

How to take down an Iranian Government Website
by Ferick
Sun Jun 14, 2009 at 06:45:31 PM PDT

I see a lot of people are asking for it, so here is a legal and simple way to do it:
I did not post his entire article... You can visit the Kos for his how-to guide and note that its good for any websites, not just the Iranian Government websites... A fact that will certainly not be lost on the Progbots.

Notice that he begins the article by saying "a lot of people are asking for it..", the Progs are certainly no champions of free speech and they are always eager to find ways to silence those with whom they disagree. Such are the tactics of tyrants throughout the ages.

I too disagree with Iran and its leadership but encouraging their fellow Kos-Progs to learn, and employ, the art of attacking websites with such "legal" cyberterror is a tactic for the intellectually bankrupt... so I guess it is a perfect tactic for Progbots.

I can see all the Progbots now... patting themselves on the back and congratulating each other for standing up to the Hitler of our time by shutting down his governments websites... Such wanton disregard for their own personal safety in a heroic attempt to stifle the Iranian oppressors... Perhaps they will earn a Progbot badge:

Medal_Order_of_Obama_160.gif

Next thing you know, they'll declare a "total war" and stand in solidarity with the oppressed Iranians by demanding the passage of non-binding resolutions in the UN and our Congress. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
I can see all the Progbots now... patting themselves on the back and congratulating each other for standing up to the Hitler of our time by shutting down his governments websites...
Gee.....we've got a new "Hitler of our time", huh?

Didn't you folks (already) waste that one on Saddam Hussein....or, is "the Hitler of our time" just one o' the numerous-excuses used, to make Republicans sound relevant....kinda like all o' those various-excuses for "preempting" in Iraq??

You folks need some new script-writers.

:rolleyes:

At this point I am a little hard pressed to call this cyber terror. What it counts on his a number of people, probably in the thousands or more to go to a site where the targeted site is reloaded over and over to the point where the server cant keep up. I see a red herring here for the time being. I also support any attempts to disrupt any of the efforts of the Iranian Government to be inconvenienced short of direct military action(I might endorse that later, but not at this point)

Notice that he begins the article by saying "a lot of people are asking for it..", the Progs are certainly no champions of free speech and they are always eager to find ways to silence those with whom they disagree. Such are the tactics of tyrants throughout the ages.
Yeah......we've heard..........

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
When they google bombed the Bush white house website so that google searches of "failure" directed you there, that was a harmless prank. Instructing people on how to crash the server sites of those you disagree is not harmless fun nor it is even useful to the protestors or their cause.

Bunz, if you find such actions to be acceptable behavior, then will you also find it acceptable when its employed domestically against websites that feature content opposition groups want to suppress? For example, we have the 2010 elections and supporters for one group or candidate use their newfound skills to continually crash the websites of opponents. Another example, some advocacy group doesn't approve of the business practices that a particular corporation is engaged in, so they continually crash their servers costing the company millions in lost internet sales.

Cyberterrorism is a controversial term. Some authors choose a very narrow definition, relating to deployments, by known terrorist organizations, of disruption attacks against information systems for the primary purpose of creating alarm and panic. By this narrow definition, it is difficult to identify any instances of cyberterrorism. Cyberterrorism can also be defined much more generally, for example, as “The premeditated use of disruptive activities, or the threat thereof, against computers and/or networks, with the intention to cause harm or further social, ideological, religious, political or similar objectives. Or to intimidate any person in furtherance of such objectives.” This broad definition was created by Kevin G. Coleman of the Technolytics Institute.[1] The term was coined by Barry C. Collin.[2]

By the narrow definition of Cyberterror, no this doesn't count. By the broader definition, it does.

As for my characterizing these actions as cyberterror being a Red Herring:

Red Herring: also called a "fallacy of relevance." This occurs when the speaker is trying to distract the audience by arguing some new topic, or just generally going off topic with an argument.

Since I created the topic, and this is only my second post in the thread, I doubt you could make the case that I've gone off topic or tried to distract anyone from the topic.

Bunz, if it were your website being attacked, if such attacks cost you lost time and money, and the attacks were done by foreign or domestic groups because they disagreed with your political stances on issues, I'm confident you would not take the subject so lightly. I don't want to see it come to that, I don't want such tactics used against businesses, or politicians, or anyone else who is within their rights to publish information over the web. If we accept such behavior against those with whom we disagree, we must also expect the same behavior to be used on those with whom we agree.

Back