Democrats AND Republicans criticize Jindal's speech

Popeye

Did you check this guy out? Strange would be putting it mildly...he reminded me of a weird looking little boy.

I can just imagine Jindal and Palin on the same ticket. She could be Bobby's mother figure, since Palin never gets tired of having children anyway..and Bobby would certainly fill the role...Hmm.. that makes me wonder, are Bobby and his potential mommy Sarah into role playing ?...a question to ponder.

Anyway, I have to ask...is this the best the GOP has to offer?

NEW YORK – Insane. Childish. Disaster. And those were some of the kinder comments from political pundits about Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and his response to President Barack Obama's speech to Congress on Tuesday night. Jindal, 37, a Rhodes scholar and son of Indian immigrants, is considered a rising star in Republican ranks and a likely 2012 presidential candidate.

GOP leaders, looking for a fresh face for the party's image, tapped Jindal earlier this month for the high-profile task of rebutting Obama's first address to a joint session of Congress.

But in both style and substance, Jindal's speech has drawn flak from Republicans and Democrats alike.

His criticism of government spending for emergency economic relief has been widely panned, especially given his state's receipt of billions in federal assistance after Hurricane Katrina in 2005. And Jindal's voice and earnest, awkward delivery have drawn comparisons to Kenneth Parcell, the geeky page on the NBC comedy "30 Rock."

Indeed, a new Facebook group titled "Bobby Jindal is Kenneth the Page" had already attracted more than 1,800 members Wednesday afternoon.

Republicans had high hopes for Jindal after his appearance Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," where he delivered a forceful, concise critique of Obama's $787 billion stimulus plan and explained his decision to reject some of the money allotted for his state. He also impressed observers when he spoke to reporters after a meeting with Obama and other governors at the White House Monday.

Jindal spoke from the governor's mansion in Baton Rouge, and critics pounced on his remarks almost immediately, panning everything from his overly folksy demeanor to his complaint that Obama's plan to revive the economy was "irresponsible."

David Brooks, a conservative New York Times columnist who has criticized aspects of the stimulus plan, nonetheless called Jindal's arguments "insane" and tone-deaf given the dire economic challenges the country faces.

"To come up in this moment in history with a stale, 'Government is the problem, you can't trust the federal government' is just a disaster for the Republican Party," Brooks said on PBS' "The NewsHour With Jim Lehrer." "It's not where the country is, it's not where the future of the country is."

Fox News commentator Juan Williams focused on Jindal's delivery.

"It came off as amateurish, and even the tempo in which he spoke was singsongy," Williams said, adding that the content of the speech was "very simplistic and almost childish."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090226/ap_on_re_us/panning_jindal_8

Werbung:
Jindal basically said that the government's disasterously inept response to Katrina should be a blueprint for the GOP. You go, Bobby.

He also complained about "wasteful spending" in the economic recovery bill. He specifically pointed to "$140 million for something called 'volcano monitoring,'" adding, "Instead of monitoring volcanoes, what Congress should be monitoring is the eruption of spending in Washington, DC."

Hmmm, so Jindal of all people, the governor of a state that just a few years ago had a devistating natural disaster hit its coastline, thinks that monitoring volcanos is a waste of money. Hmmm. Living a hundred miles northwest of Mount St. Helens, like I do, makes me have a slightly different viewpoint.

But I guess Jindal's point was that "volcano monitoring" sounds silly. As Paul Krugman wrote in his blog today:

"The intellectual incoherence is stunning. Basically, the political philosophy of the GOP right now seems to consist of snickering at stuff that they think sounds funny. The party of ideas has become the party of Beavis and Butthead."

Jindal basically said that the government's disasterously inept response to Katrina should be a blueprint for the GOP. You go, Bobby.

He also complained about "wasteful spending" in the economic recovery bill. He specifically pointed to "$140 million for something called 'volcano monitoring,'" adding, "Instead of monitoring volcanoes, what Congress should be monitoring is the eruption of spending in Washington, DC."

Hmmm, so Jindal of all people, the governor of a state that just a few years ago had a devistating natural disaster hit its coastline, thinks that monitoring volcanos is a waste of money. Hmmm. Living a hundred miles northwest of Mount St. Helens, like I do, makes me have a slightly different viewpoint.

You miss the point. Volcano monitoring is not bad, the problem is what is it doing in a "stimulus" bill?

But I guess Jindal's point was that "volcano monitoring" sounds silly. As Paul Krugman wrote in his blog today:

"The intellectual incoherence is stunning. Basically, the political philosophy of the GOP right now seems to consist of snickering at stuff that they think sounds funny. The party of ideas has become the party of Beavis and Butthead."

This is a moronic assessment. The point was geared towards the "stimulus" bill, not whether natural disaster monitoring is a good or bad thing.

I like him

He did not do a great job on delivery but the words were good

if you read his speech then obama's, his would be better and shorter and no lies

obama could send a tingle up the leg of any supporter, he is very good at giving prepared speeches...... but if the words are crap and more important if the words are a lie

like no pork no earmarks and Ill do the same next year exc..

then what good is the grand delivery........

It would not matter if he did a fantastic bang up job

dems would say it sucked, so what is new

Because he is of Indian descent and has non-anglican features?

No..it's the GOP that specializes in racism and appealing to racists. Look, Jindal's performance was downright embarrassing, he even made some of McCain's efforts look good...if Palin and Jindal are the best the Republicans have to offer..good luck in 2012.

No..it's the GOP that specializes in racism and appealing to racists. Look, Jindal's performance was downright embarrassing, he even made some of McCain's efforts look good...if Palin and Jindal are the best the Republicans have to offer..good luck in 2012.

You know, if this image was posted about Obama you would be yelling about racism. Posting this picture only makes you look like an idiot, same as posting some retarded picture about Obama does the same.

I ought to be able to take a shot at Popeye and call him what he is.

The fact that he can hide behind a moderator cheapens free political speech.

It actually brings it down to his level.

The Man Who Would Be King

So how bad off is the Republican Party? They handpicked Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana to issue the Republican response to President Obama’s speech to Congress. He was the best they could come up with, or at maybe the only one willing to actually accept the assignment. He’s being widely touted as a probable Republican presidential candidate in 2012, but after his appearance that may change.

During Obama’s speech I kept having the reoccurring thought that if Bobby Jindal was actually watching the speech he must be thinking, “Oh Lord, I have to follow that?” Then it was his turn. His handlers did him no favors when they decided to not place him behind a desk. Instead they had him walk down a hallway towards the camera. Big mistake, that one. He walked like a man trying to imitate a fashion model on a runway. No John Wayne swagger, just a Richard Simmons swishing. Several steps from the camera, on cue he adopted an “I just licked a wet possum” silly smile. It made him look ridiculous.

Then he started his speech. Throughout the speech he looked more like a cartoon character than a man who would be king. His comments were as absurd as his demeanor. If Clara Pella was still alive she would have been screaming, “Where’s the beef?” He didn’t have any, but he was in great supply of bologna which he served up hoping it would pass muster. It failed. Finally, it was over and once again on cue he adopted a cartoon character silly smile as the cameras went dark.

While most Americans were probably not very familiar with him before the speech, he had his big chance at making a national appearance. After Sarah Palin had her disaster with Katie Couric, she was branded with the image as an uninformed Wasilla hillbilly. That image stuck. Bobby Jindal came across as a cartoon character, not too swell for somebody that wants to be president. The day after his speech, even Republicans were publically critical of his feeble, comedic attempt at a response. But, if that’s the best the Republicans can offer, its good news for America. After all, they’ve made such a horrific mess of our country the Democrats will probably need eight years to fix the damage.

Re: The Man Who Would Be King

Don't flatter yourself. At the rate Barack Obama is going, he'll need 16 years.

Did you check this guy out? Strange would be putting it mildly...he reminded me of a weird looking little boy.

I can just imagine Jindal and Palin on the same ticket. She could be Bobby's mother figure, since Palin never gets tired of having children anyway..and Bobby would certainly fill the role...Hmm.. that makes me wonder, are Bobby and his potential mommy Sarah into role playing ?...a question to ponder.

Anyway, I have to ask...is this the best the GOP has to offer?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090226/ap_on_re_us/panning_jindal_8

are you another one of those hypocrite liberals who, like Obama used the race card when convinient, but you're making fun of this guy because of hindu descendancy?

These 3 people are like the 3 stooges... Especially Matthews making racial comments. Of course, that is alllowed for the liberal media to do....:mad:

Werbung:
Another thread merged. Please people, do a very quick search and see if there is an existing thread on the topic at hand.

Back