Democrats trouncing GOP in image and party ID

Popeye

The results of a new Pew Poll bodes well for the Democrats and Obama this November. Among other things, the poll finds that among registered voters, the Democratic Party has a 13% lead in party affiliation 51%-38% when independent "leaners" are included.

The "image" numbers are also good for the Dems. 57% say they view the Democratic Party favorably, while 37% view it unfavorably. By contrast, only 43% view the GOP favorably, 49% unfavorably.

Looks to me like the Pubs have once again assured themselves of the minority party status, at least for the near future. They attained the majority some 12 years ago and threw it all away thanks to scandals and giveaways to big corporations, most notably Big Oil. The American people may be stupid, but they're not that stupid and rightly they have turned against the GOP.

Werbung:
The results of a new Pew Poll bodes well for the Democrats and Obama this November. Among other things, the poll finds that among registered voters, the Democratic Party has a 13% lead in party affiliation 51%-38% when independent "leaners" are included.

The "image" numbers are also good for the Dems. 57% say they view the Democratic Party favorably, while 37% view it unfavorably. By contrast, only 43% view the GOP favorably, 49% unfavorably.

Looks to me like the Pubs have once again assured themselves of the minority party status, at least for the near future. They attained the majority some 12 years ago and threw it all away thanks to scandals and giveaways to big corporations, most notably Big Oil. The American people may be stupid, but they're not that stupid and rightly they have turned against the GOP.

This is not really a assurance of an Obama vicotry. Many on the Republican side might have a bad view of the GOP but an even worse view of Obama. It still depends on a lot more than this poll says in my opinion. Further, polls also show that only 1/2 of the Clinton supporters now are fully backing Obama. They are democrats, but it by no means means they are in his pocket.

It will still be a very close race in my opinion.

This is not really a assurance of an Obama vicotry. Many on the Republican side might have a bad view of the GOP but an even worse view of Obama. It still depends on a lot more than this poll says in my opinion. Further, polls also show that only 1/2 of the Clinton supporters now are fully backing Obama. They are democrats, but it by no means means they are in his pocket.

It will still be a very close race in my opinion.

I understand it's a generic poll, I expect the presidential election to be close. What it does show is how much damage the GOP has done to it's image since '94. I wonder if the Republican Party would have proceeded differently had they to do it all over again. For the Democrats, they are assured of a majority in both chambers and the future looks bright. I can't ask for much else.

For the Democrats, they are assured of a majority in both chambers and the future looks bright. I can't ask for much else.

Too bad whats good for Democrats is bad for the country...

Name something the Democrats have "Fixed" that DIDN'T create more problems for the country... For instance, Pelosi said in 2006 that she had a plan to lower gas prices... Well its 2 years later and the price has skyrocketed since the Dems took over - for some reason her "Plan" of raising taxes on Oil didn't lower the price. :rolleyes:

PMSNBC wouldnt cover this story so you probably dont know about it Popeye, but GOP regestration for voting is on the rise and democrat is on the decline, and it has been since july.

Many GOP people signed up as dems to vote for Hillary, but they are changing back now. But I do not think your station will report that :eek:

PMSNBC wouldnt cover this story so you probably dont know about it Popeye, but GOP regestration for voting is on the rise and democrat is on the decline, and it has been since july.

Many GOP people signed up as dems to vote for Hillary, but they are changing back now. But I do not think your station will report that :eek:

I'm not reporting on what MSNBC says or your little tidbit from Faux News either. What I am supplying is a link to a poll which shows the American people currently favor the Democratic party over the Republicans. And considering the damage that has been done by Bush and the Republicans, when in the majority, the results are hardly surprising.

Here's a generic congressional poll by Rasmussen from just the other day showing the Dems with a 10% lead. The Democrats aren't just going to keep their majority but will most likely increase it dramatically.

I did not hear it on fox news but ok :)

I think that the dems better dang well have a lead, but I am shocked its only 10%

our children are force fed liberal ideas from kindergarten to grad school, if all you guys can get is a 10% lead while shoving your ideas literally down the throats of all US children (except those smart enough to home school) I think you should be ashamed, that is not a very good track record :(

OK and get this here in Ohio it just broke in the Columbus Dispatch today... Almost three times as many Ohio voters have become Democrats than Republicans since the last Presidential election.:)

Plus we now have a Democratic Secretary of State, Jennifer Brunner adding paper ballots to anyone who wants one, adding another 250 new voting machines, and early voting starting 40 days before the election.

So no more Republican Ken Blackwell BS... purposely putting less voting machines in poorer or predominately Democratic precincts to build up the lines & suppress the vote.

I did not hear it on fox news but ok :)

I think that the dems better dang well have a lead, but I am shocked its only 10%

our children are force fed liberal ideas from kindergarten to grad school, if all you guys can get is a 10% lead while shoving your ideas literally down the throats of all US children (except those smart enough to home school) I think you should be ashamed, that is not a very good track record :(

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Here's something else to get depressed about:

Projected Senate

Democrats-56
Republicans-43

Projected House

Democrats-242
Republicans-193

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Here's something else to get depressed about:

Projected Senate

Democrats-56
Republicans-43

Projected House

Democrats-242
Republicans-193

I agree the house and senate will be going more for dems, at least at this point.

about the sour grapes, no

I have worked for the school district for 18 years and I know what they do. the do not teach kids how to think they teach kids what to think, and they are heavy libs. Realisticly those numbers you posted should be much much higher. Its sad when libs cant even brainwash correctly :(

I agree the house and senate will be going more for dems, at least at this point.

about the sour grapes, no

I have worked for the school district for 18 years and I know what they do. the do not teach kids how to think they teach kids what to think, and they are heavy libs. Realisticly those numbers you posted should be much much higher. Its sad when libs cant even brainwash correctly :(

Well in all fairness probably the reason the majority of teachers aren't neo-cons is because there'd be a lot of just sitting around dead time. I mean how long does it really take to teach...

HATE HATE HATE... FEAR-MONGER FEAR-MONGER... NO SOCIAL SECURITY... ATTACK ATTACK... DRILL DRILL DRILL... NO HEALTHCARE... DEFICIT GOOD DEFECT GOOD... DIE DIE DIE!:D

Werbung:
Well in all fairness probably the reason the majority of teachers aren't neo-cons is because there'd be a lot of just sitting around dead time. I mean how long does it really take to teach...

HATE HATE HATE... FEAR-MONGER FEAR-MONGER... NO SOCIAL SECURITY... ATTACK ATTACK... DRILL DRILL DRILL... NO HEALTHCARE... DEFICIT GOOD DEFECT GOOD... DIE DIE DIE!:D

:) is that a melt down ?

Back