Demonize

Gipper

Pitting Us Against Each Other

By Walter E. Williams

For politicians, it's another story: Demonize people whose power you want to usurp. That's the typical way totalitarians gain power. They give the masses someone to hate. In 18th-century France, it was Maximilien Robespierre's promoting hatred of the aristocracy that was the key to his acquiring more dictatorial power than the aristocracy had ever had. In the 20th century, the communists gained power by promoting public hatred of the czars and capitalists. In Germany, Adolf Hitler gained power by promoting hatred of Jews and Bolsheviks. In each case, the power gained led to greater misery and bloodshed than anything the old regime could have done.

Let me be clear: I'm not equating America's liberals with Robespierre, Josef Stalin and Hitler. I am saying that promoting jealousy, fear and hate is an effective strategy for politicians and their liberal followers to control and micromanage businesses. It's not about the amount of money people earn. If it were, politicians and leftists would be promoting jealousy, fear and hate toward multimillionaire Hollywood and celebrities and sports stars, such as LeBron James ($48 million), Tiger Woods ($75 million) and Peyton Manning ($38 million). But there is no way that politicians could take over the roles of Oprah Winfrey, Lady Gaga and LeBron James. That means celebrities can make any amount of money they want and it matters not one iota politically.

The Occupy Wall Street crowd shouldn't focus its anger at wealthy CEOs. A far more appropriate target would be the U.S. Congress.
http://patriotpost.us/opinion/walter-e-williams/2011/10/19/pitting-us-against-each-other/

The Great Walter Williams is ALWAYS right. Demonizing your political opponent is an old trick, but it still works on the ignorant.

The dangerous thing is the ignorant people can't see that demonizing is the act of tyrants. In a sane democratic republic, any politician who demonizes his/her opponent should be rounded condemned. We do not need another Hitler, Stalin, or Robespierre. But sadly, most people and nearly ALL liberals have learned NOTHING from history.

Werbung:
The Great Walter Williams is ALWAYS right. Demonizing your political opponent is an old trick, but it still works on the ignorant.

The dangerous thing is the ignorant people can't see that demonizing is the act of tyrants. In a sane democratic republic, any politician who demonizes his/her opponent should be rounded condemned. We do not need another Hitler, Stalin, or Robespierre. But sadly, most people and nearly ALL liberals have learned NOTHING from history.

Funny! To say that the OWS protests should be directed o the White House is perfectly logical and accepted by the GOP.

But to say that the OWS protests shoudl be directed to the Congress is "demonizing?"

Yep. . .that's an OLD trick. . .over used by the GOP!

Funny! To say that the OWS protests should be directed o the White House is perfectly logical and accepted by the GOP.

But to say that the OWS protests shoudl be directed to the Congress is "demonizing?"

Yep. . .that's an OLD trick. . .over used by the GOP!

OWS would be more effective were they to attack the cause and only potential resolution.

I'm content with their tactics.

I'm sure you LOVE the Kich brothers!

By the way, did you hear that the police in NY is using some of those "dirty tactics" against OWS?

The day before the temperature was to severely drop, and freezing rain was expected in NY. .. NYPD and the fire department arrived at the protests site at 7:30 in the morning and "confiscated" all the generators which BELONG to protesters, the media, and other organizations and served to provide power to the soup kitchen and to keep the protesters warm.

How low can the "power that be" fall?

And YOU are the one who "doesn't want government intervention?"

But you don't mind when those "interventions" go against the free speech and the right to protest IF the protesters do not agree with your elitist point of view!

I'm sure you LOVE the Kich brothers!

By the way, did you hear that the police in NY is using some of those "dirty tactics" against OWS?

The day before the temperature was to severely drop, and freezing rain was expected in NY. .. NYPD and the fire department arrived at the protests site at 7:30 in the morning and "confiscated" all the generators which BELONG to protesters, the media, and other organizations and served to provide power to the soup kitchen and to keep the protesters warm.

How low can the "power that be" fall?

And YOU are the one who "doesn't want government intervention?"

But you don't mind when those "interventions" go against the free speech and the right to protest IF the protesters do not agree with your elitist point of view!

it was reported a few days earlier that gas containers had been discovered durin g routine safety inspections an d that they were a safety hazzard. OWS did nothing about it, they had to go.

I want government to enforce the law equally and that is not occurring among the various OWS sites.

The have the right of free speech and assembly but not to take up residence on land not their own sans permission and particularly if they endanger the community and property with unsafe practices. Bloomberg screwed up by failing to enforce the law originally but that does not negate his beginning to do so later.

If its not right, its wrong.

it was reported a few days earlier that gas containers had been discovered durin g routine safety inspections an d that they were a safety hazzard. OWS did nothing about it, they had to go.

I want government to enforce the law equally and that is not occurring among the various OWS sites.

The have the right of free speech and assembly but not to take up residence on land not their own sans permission and particularly if they endanger the community and property with unsafe practices. Bloomberg screwed up by failing to enforce the law originally but that does not negate his beginning to do so later.

If its not right, its wrong.

Sure and they coincidentally needed to confiscate the generators on the eve of the first cold weather surge of the year.

Werbung:
Back