DeSantis’s stumbles have GOP mulling other Trump alternatives

pjmret

“But the problem is he didn’t have a ground game in place that was able to allow him to continuously mature [Trump-inclined supporters] to make them the kind of supporters that he had to have,” Merrill added. “It’s a major problem for him.

“He waited too long because I think that he anticipated that people were just waiting on him to be the guy to come out and beat Trump and that is obviously not the case,” added Merrill

Republican strategists have pointed to other DeSantis missteps, such as his glitch-riddled campaign launch on Twitter Spaces, which was marred by audio feedback and stretches of dead air.

More recently, DeSantis drew sharp criticism after his campaign posted what LGBTQ Republicans blasted as a “homophobic” video highlighting Trump’s past statements supporting LGBTQ rights. e pointed to other DeSantis missteps, such as his glitch-riddled campaign launch on Twitter Spaces, which was marred by audio feedback and stretches of dead air.

Other Republican strategists say DeSantis simply hasn’t been able to connect with GOP primary voters on a personal level.

DeSantis Thursday blamed his sagging poll numbers on the media.

“Well, I think if you look at the people like the corporate media, who are they going after?” he told Fox News. “Who do they not want to be the nominee? They’re going after me.”

lol, he's a typical maga moron...hateful, whining, egotistical, someone people just naturally dislike, and of course its never his fault, its always someone else's fault (the media).

Werbung:
Werbung:
Back