Despite massive union funding from out of state, Dems fall short in Wisconsin recalls

Little-Acorn

Despite massive union funding from out of state, Democrats fall short of goals in Wisconsin recall elections

by Romy Manuel, staff writer
August 9, 2011

(AP - Madison, WI) After a months-long farce in which disgruntled Democrat state legislators fled their home state of Wisconsin and rented motel rooms in neighboring Illinois to disrupt the legal voting on bills in their state Capitol, Wisconsin Democrats have failed to take back the Senate in a series of carefully-orchestrated and heavily union-backed recall elections against Republicans.

Democrats staged elections in six districts where Republicans had won the previous election among heavily Democrat electorates in those districts. Winning three or more of these carefully-selected elections would have given the Democrats control of the state Senate. But they only won two, despite massive financing from unions across the country and union manpower handing out flyers and occupying the capitol building on an almost daily basis, shouting slogans and making normal operations difficult.

Further problems were encountered by the disgruntled Democrats when many of their most loyal Democrat voters misunderstood instructions, drove across the border, checked into motel rooms, and then tried to vote in the border towns of Illinois. "I don't understand," one anguished woman (who asked to remain anonymous) at the Motel 6 in Winnebago, IL told reporters. "Where are the polling places? Where are our ballots? They told us if we followed their lead, we'd be taken care of. But they haven't even brought us drinks and fried chicken. I don't understand!"

Next week, recall elections of the Democrat senators who fled their own capitol will be held. Democrat officials declined to comment on polling data predicting large turnovers, saying only that the results will be "unexpected".

Werbung:
Re: Despite massive union funding from out of state, Dems fall short in Wisconsin rec

Despite massive union funding from out of state, Democrats fall short of goals in Wisconsin recall elections

by Romy Manuel, staff writer
August 9, 2011

(AP - Madison, WI) After a months-long farce in which disgruntled Democrat state legislators fled their home state of Wisconsin and rented motel rooms in neighboring Illinois to disrupt the legal voting on bills in their state Capitol, Wisconsin Democrats have failed to take back the Senate in a series of carefully-orchestrated and heavily union-backed recall elections against Republicans.

Democrats staged elections in six districts where Republicans had won the previous election among heavily Democrat electorates in those districts. Winning three or more of these carefully-selected elections would have given the Democrats control of the state Senate. But they only won two, despite massive financing from unions across the country and union manpower handing out flyers and occupying the capitol building on an almost daily basis, shouting slogans and making normal operations difficult.

Further problems were encountered by the disgruntled Democrats when many of their most loyal Democrat voters misunderstood instructions, drove across the border, checked into motel rooms, and then tried to vote in the border towns of Illinois. "I don't understand," one anguished woman (who asked to remain anonymous) at the Motel 6 in Winnebago, IL told reporters. "Where are the polling places? Where are our ballots? They told us if we followed their lead, we'd be taken care of. But they haven't even brought us drinks and fried chicken. I don't understand!"

Next week, recall elections of the Democrat senators who fled their own capitol will be held. Democrat officials declined to comment on polling data predicting large turnovers, saying only that the results will be "unexpected".

The "farce" brought back 2 state senate seats back to the Democrats, and the 3rd was so close that it effectively sends a clear message.

A very successful night! Thanks.

Re: Despite massive union funding from out of state, Dems fall short in Wisconsin rec

May you have many more such "successes" in the future. :D

(Democrat panic is driving their level of denial to heights not seen since the huge economic improvements that followed the Reagan tax cuts...)

This is great news.

We can only hope and pray we are witnessing the beginning of the END OF LIBERALISM!

The "farce" brought back 2 state senate seats back to the Democrats, and the 3rd was so close that it effectively sends a clear message.

Since when not obtaining your goal a success? The message is pretty clear...Wisconsin voters rejected the recall and reaffirmed their support for a Republican controlled government.

Since when not obtaining your goal a success? The message is pretty clear...Wisconsin voters rejected the recall and reaffirmed their support for a Republican controlled government.

IF this was a regular election, I would agree with you. However, in a recall election, without "scandals," such as sexual misbehaving, or fraud, etc. . . this success is unheard of.

A "failure" to reach the goals would have been if all the recalls had failed. . .that would have demonstrated that "Wisconsin voters rejected the recall and reaffirmed their support for a Republican government."

The new Senate, with it's 17 R and 16 D is certainly not demonstrating a "vote of confidence" for Walker!

Now, IF the democrats are recalled next week. . .I would admit that the bulk of the effort failed. But, let's see what happens next week!

Since when not obtaining your goal a success?

Since Democrats have been writing the definitions.

Democrat plans NEVER succeed. Yet they go on calling them "successes".

The "War on Poverty" spend some fourteen billion dollars to alleviate it. All that resulted, was that the poverty rate (which had been falling sharply for many years before the Dems started) stopped falling, and remains today at the same levels it was then.

Yet they call it a "successful program".

Social Security takes so much of what people earn, that they could have retired as millionaires if they had saved all that cash in a national retirement fund, lived well on only the interest on that money, and left the million-plus account to their families when they finally died. But since it went to SS, they get maybe a thousand or two per month if they are lucky... and their families inherit zero.

Leftist fanatics call this "The most successful program in modern history".

Don't worry, BigRob, people like openmind have a long history of lying about what their agenda actually does. If they didn't lie about it, they'd have nothing good to say about it at all.

IF this was a regular election, I would agree with you. However, in a recall election, without "scandals," such as sexual misbehaving, or fraud, etc. . . this success is unheard of.

That is because recall elections themselves are generally unheard of.

"Until this year, there had been only 20 attempts since 1913 to recall any of the nation's state lawmakers from office. Just 13 of the efforts were successful."

A "failure" to reach the goals would have been if all the recalls had failed. . .that would have demonstrated that "Wisconsin voters rejected the recall and reaffirmed their support for a Republican government."

Which they did...by keeping a Republican controlled government in power.

The new Senate, with it's 17 R and 16 D is certainly not demonstrating a "vote of confidence" for Walker!

Fending off a well funded recall challenge is a vote of confidence in my view.

Now, IF the democrats are recalled next week. . .I would admit that the bulk of the effort failed. But, let's see what happens next week!

If that occurs next week, it will just highlight the failure even further. You can maybe declare this is some symbolic victory I guess, but in the end, the breakdown of who controls what remained the same.

As an aside, I would be interested to see voting pattern breakdowns of the Senate districts that did change hands..Are those typically D districts that just rode the R wave in 2010? I saw one was indeed a first termer..an the other was there since 2004?

I'm delighted the unions wasted their money on this effort as its money not available for national elections in 2012. I'm wondering how their membership will like finding their benefits absconded with to go towards ends like this. Not every union will have an Obama ride in to bail them out with borrowed money from China. Once more the little guys suffer from the pursuit of power.

Werbung:

That is because recall elections themselves are generally unheard of.

"Until this year, there had been only 20 attempts since 1913 to recall any of the nation's state lawmakers from office. Just 13 of the efforts were successful."

Which they did...by keeping a Republican controlled government in power.

Fending off a well funded recall challenge is a vote of confidence in my view.

If that occurs next week, it will just highlight the failure even further. You can maybe declare this is some symbolic victory I guess, but in the end, the breakdown of who controls what remained the same.

As an aside, I would be interested to see voting pattern breakdowns of the Senate districts that did change hands..Are those typically D districts that just rode the R wave in 2010? I saw one was indeed a first termer..an the other was there since 2004?

The "well funded" effort was from both sides! Again, Darling had $8 millions spending on her campaign alone!

Sure. . .the Republicans are still in control. . .but for how long?
And, at least one of those Republicans has a clue, and voted against his party line. . .so he might do that again!

Back