Did he do the 'RIGHT THING OR THE WRONG THING'???

Was this Pharmacists reaction?

• Correct for the situation!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
Pharmacy shooting stirs up debate
Comments (0) Recommend (0)
BY TIM TALLEY
Associated Press
OKLAHOMA CITY - Confronted by two holdup men, pharmacist Jerome Ersland pulled a gun, shot one of them in the head and chased the other away. Then, in a scene recorded by the drugstore's security camera, he went behind the counter, got another gun, and pumped five more bullets into the wounded teenager as he lay on the floor.

Now Ersland has been charged with first-degree murder in a case that has stirred a furious debate over vigilante justice and self-defense and turned the pharmacist into something of a folk hero.

Ersland, 57, is free on $100,000 bail, courtesy of an anonymous donor. He has won praise from the pharmacy's owner, received an outpouring of cards, letters and checks from supporters, and become the darling of conservative talk radio.

"His adrenaline was going. You're just thinking of survival," said John Paul Hernandez, 60, a retired Defense Department employee who grew up in the neighborhood. "All it was is defending your employee, business and livelihood. If I was in that position and that was me, I probably would have done the same thing."
(for the rest of the story)
http://www.kansas.com/news/nation-world/story/832285.html

Werbung:
If someone is holding you up you have the right to defend yourself and sadly these days you had better aim for the head and kill them because the jackass will come back and sue you if if they live.

BUT once the man was down and of no threat, the guy should not have shot again, instead he should have called 911.

If someone is holding you up you have the right to defend yourself and sadly these days you had better aim for the head and kill them because the jackass will come back and sue you if if they live.

BUT once the man was down and of no threat, the guy should not have shot again, instead he should have called 911.

Shocking as this will sound...I totally agree with you 'Pandora'...adreniline or not...WTH was going through his mind that his reaction was appropriate...he hit the kid in the head...wasn't like the kid was up trying to get to the door to flee the store...GOOD GRIEF!!

I agree with both of you, the kid was down, no need to shoot him 5 more times. This is reminiscent of the cops who beat the unconcious man after the high speed chase where the guy crashed his car and was thrown free but unconscious. The claim was that the adrenaline was pumping and they just couldn't stop. Bullfeathers!

Two male to female transsexuals were killed in Washington DC by a man who pulled up next to them at a light and shot each one. Then he pulled his car off to the side of the road and went back and shot each one 9 more times--stopping once to reload. Then he got in his car and drove away. None of the witnesses got his license number and he remains free to this day. Does that seem like a hate crime to you?

I agree with both of you, the kid was down, no need to shoot him 5 more times. This is reminiscent of the cops who beat the unconcious man after the high speed chase where the guy crashed his car and was thrown free but unconscious. The claim was that the adrenaline was pumping and they just couldn't stop. Bullfeathers!

Two male to female transsexuals were killed in Washington DC by a man who pulled up next to them at a light and shot each one. Then he pulled his car off to the side of the road and went back and shot each one 9 more times--stopping once to reload. Then he got in his car and drove away. None of the witnesses got his license number and he remains free to this day. Does that seem like a hate crime to you?

OMG...just gotta shake my head...in disbelief and horror! But a drive by shooting such as your example would need to have several additional answers to the burning questions of:
a. did the gunman know the victims?
b. was this a road rage issue that had been going on for several blocks/miles
c. did the gunman know that they were transsexuals prior to this attack?
{maybe a repeat of (a.) but one doesn't necessarily mean that they were involved with each other in any sexual way!
d. was this a drug issue

OMG, the reasons are as widespread as the senseless way in which they died!!!

Well this is nice to see.:)

Seems like this thread is going in a positive direction. In that I mean a legal direction. Under the law in most places you have only the right to use adequate force to protect yourself.

But when the attack is broken off one legally cannot then just finish the attacker off.

This is something that gets a whole lot of people in felony trouble every single day. I even had a friend that went through it. You get into an altercation... things escalate... next thing weapons are involved and someone goes down or tries to just flee.

You will be arrested almost every time if it can be proven the person you shot was down without a gun or fleeing. The attack was broken off... the authorities will say there was no longer an imminent threat and you were no longer in imminent danger.

OMG...just gotta shake my head...in disbelief and horror! But a drive by shooting such as your example would need to have several additional answers to the burning questions of:
a. did the gunman know the victims?
b. was this a road rage issue that had been going on for several blocks/miles
c. did the gunman know that they were transsexuals prior to this attack?
{maybe a repeat of (a.) but one doesn't necessarily mean that they were involved with each other in any sexual way!
d. was this a drug issue

OMG, the reasons are as widespread as the senseless way in which they died!!!

I don't have any of the answers to your questions. The assumption is that he knew they were transsexuals and was unhappy about that--I mean to shoot each one 10 times!--but he's gone and no one really knows.

I don't have any of the answers to your questions. The assumption is that he knew they were transsexuals and was unhappy about that--I mean to shoot each one 10 times!--but he's gone and no one really knows.

You know Mare, It seems that in the not to long future all vehicles will be equipped with a video camera of some kind {just like the police have} in order to protect us from the things that go on around this 'crazy arsed world'...and for vehicle accidents it would come in very handy for insurance purposes! This whole shoot people for just 'any ole reason' is just insane!!!

You know Mare, It seems that in the not to long future all vehicles will be equipped with a video camera of some kind {just like the police have} in order to protect us from the things that go on around this 'crazy arsed world'...and for vehicle accidents it would come in very handy for insurance purposes! This whole shoot people for just 'any ole reason' is just insane!!!

Just makes you want to get a gun and shoot people, doesn't it?

Three charged in Oklahoma City drug store slaying
ROBBERYDA reversed his decision after further research, he said
BY NOLAN CLAY
Published: May 30, 2009

Three robbery suspects were accused Friday in a first-degree murder charge of responsibility for the fatal drug store shooting of an alleged accomplice. Police report the youngest, a 14-year-old boy, confessed his involvement in the heist.

The three are charged with murder even though a pharmacist fired the fatal shots that killed Antwun "Speedy” Parker, 16, on May 19 at the Reliable Discount Pharmacy in south Oklahoma City.

They will be prosecuted separately from the pharmacist, Jerome Jay Ersland, who is accused in an earlier first-degree murder charge of going too far, Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said.

The new charge against Jevontia Ingram, 14, Emanuel Dewayne Mitchell, 31, and Anthony Devale Morrison, 43, is the latest twist in the case. All are from Oklahoma City.

They are not accused of firing any shots themselves. The two adults allegedly stayed outside.

The three are charged under Oklahoma’s felony murder law, which says a robber, kidnapper, rapist, drug trafficker or certain other felons can be guilty of first-degree murder if someone dies as a result of the crime even if the death wasn’t intentional.

Prater on Wednesday said, "Because of the acts of the defendant we’ve charged in this case, Mr. Ersland, I don’t feel we’d be justified in filing a felony murder charge against the other robber in the case.” Prater said Friday he reversed his position after further legal research. He said no one pressured him to file the new murder case.

Ingram and Mitchell have been arrested. Police Friday were searching for Morrison. All three also are charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery. The two men are charged with possession of a gun after a felony conviction. Both men have been in prison for robbery and assault.

http://newsok.com/three-charged-in-slaying/article/3373798?custom_click=lead_story_title
Hell, who knew that Oklahoma was so proactive about tightening up their laws so that these 2 adults will be charged for murder too!!! JEEZ LOUISE...I fell so sorry for that 14 yr old kid and that dead 16 yr old one too!!! SAD, just really, really sad!

Werbung:
Pandora, ASPCA4ever, and Mare Tranquillity all agree on something!:eek:

What is that flapping sound I hear? Could it be a flock of pigs going by?

Why it is! Run for your lives, it's the

Swine flew!

Just had to get that one in.

Seriously, who is going to argue that going back to finish off a would be robber who has already been shot and poses no threat to anyone is OK?

Back