Did Jesus commit suicide?

rationalist

In the same way that some people now commit suicide-by-cop did Jesus commit suicide-by-Roman-Soldier?

He allowed himself to be put in the cross (hairs) and he knowingly acted in a way that would get himself killed by the soldiers whilst doing nothing to stop it even though he could have done.

Also, as god sent his son to die did he aid the suicide?

And as the plan was for Jesus to die surely those who killed him were doing god's will and were therefore doing good?

And what about Peter? Jesus predicted that Peter would deny him before the penis crowed three times. Once it had been predicted how could Peter have done anything else and demonstrate that he had free will? He couldn't could he so again he must have been doing god's will which would make his denial good?

Ditto for Judas and his chariot?

Anyway, what do you think, did Jesus commit suicide?

Werbung:
Yes that is another problem for christians isn't it?

If the bible is leterally true it is very mental and if it is not who is to say what is and isn't true?

Yes that is another problem for christians isn't it?

If the bible is literally true it is very mental and if it is not who is to say what is and isn't true?
And as diverse as the variety of all those different faiths that use it "BIBLE" as their rock solid doctrine for why they believe what they believe and how justified they are in condemning so many to 'GO STRAIGHT TO HELL; DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200.00' or better yet; converting them out of their HEATHEN WAYS to save them from HELL...it just boggles the mind that so many are lead around like SHEEPLE!

But what the hell, as long as they don't break our laws all in the name of their righteous leaning zealot mind set then whatever they want to believe is just OK by me. I don't push my faith on anyone and I don't want people pushing their beliefs upon me either ;)

Shame people like Sarah Palin say it is god's will that the US takes Afghanistan's gas.

Religion is custom made by man to justify doing whatever the believer wants to do so they can put a noble wrapper on their actions.

And all too often that includes inflciting huge suffering on others.

And even in its lighter form usually implies bucketfulls of hatred and discrimination.

The world would definitely be a much better place without religion.

The world would definitely be a much better place without religion.

Yes, the actions of the irreligious throughout history have proven to be so ennobling. Stalin and Mao were atheists, they certainly paved the way to a better world, didn't they?

Almost all societies in history have had some similarities--religion, marriage, and war (I've often wondered if there is some relationship between the three). I think the need for some form of belief structure is genetic. Given that, Christ's suggestion that we all "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" is a better belief structure than any other I've seen. The best part is, you can implement it as a society, and as a person, without ever having to believe in God, gods, the historical reality of Jesus the man, or as the son of God. In fact, most modern, progressive political doctrine can be said to derive from this statement.

But to answer your question, yes Jesus could be said to have committed suicide by Roman. He willingly went as a sheep to the slaughter to pay the blood price for man's sin--the ultimate passover lamb.

I think he was certainly a martyr. Im not sure I would define the story as I know it, as a suicide.

Yes, the actions of the irreligious throughout history have proven to be so ennobling. Stalin and Mao were atheists, they certainly paved the way to a better world, didn't they?

Almost all societies in history have had some similarities--religion, marriage, and war (I've often wondered if there is some relationship between the three). I think the need for some form of belief structure is genetic. Given that, Christ's suggestion that we all "do unto others as you would have others do unto you" is a better belief structure than any other I've seen. The best part is, you can implement it as a society, and as a person, without ever having to believe in God, gods, the historical reality of Jesus the man, or as the son of God. In fact, most modern, progressive political doctrine can be said to derive from this statement.

But to answer your question, yes Jesus could be said to have committed suicide by Roman. He willingly went as a sheep to the slaughter to pay the blood price for man's sin--the ultimate passover lamb.

The difference between Mao and the religious killers is the level of hypocrisy. The religious people kill in God's name, they claim to have permission and support of the Creator of the Universe. I'd rather deal with a straight forward murderer than one who couches his killing is hidden behind the Bible or Koran.

It's worse than suicide. Jesus father sent Him to die for crimes he didn't commit, Jesus was co-dependent in His cooperation. The whole story is nonsense. The Creator is hardly going to demand blood payment like a desert nomad, the story brings God down to the lowest human level.

It's worse than suicide. Jesus father sent Him to die for crimes he didn't commit, Jesus was co-dependent in His cooperation. The whole story is nonsense. The Creator is hardly going to demand blood payment like a desert nomad, the story brings God down to the lowest human level.

Sacrifice is not unknown to humanity. The hall of heroes in the Pentagon (Medal of Honor memorial) lists many who have sacrificed their lives for their fellow soldiers. Perhaps Jesus felt mankind was a cause worth dying for...

Sacrifice is not unknown to humanity. The hall of heroes in the Pentagon (Medal of Honor memorial) lists many who have sacrificed their lives for their fellow soldiers. Perhaps Jesus felt mankind was a cause worth dying for...

Hopefully our soldiers sacrificed for something worthwhile. A blood payment is not worthwhile in light of the fact that God could have simply FORGIVEN everybody without Jesus being nailed to anything. This is God for God's sake, He makes all the rules, so He can forgive or demand blood. The Bible paints God as being a goat-herding, nomadic chieftan who is mentally retarded.

Let's be fair, god made the world according to a plan and knew from the start he would have to allow his son to be executed at some stage. Which is a pretty lousy plan if you ask me given that god had an infinite choice of plans.

It is no wonder that christians think killing people is OK. They are just following god's example.

I guess you might say that god comitted infanticide.

It is probably a bit eaier if you know you will be coming back to lif again three ays hence.

I think dying was the easy part.

Having friends betray you, being beaten as badly as anyone could be

watching your mother suffer as she watches you suffer and you can do nothing to comfort her

dying was the easy part for sure

You seem to have real issues with Christianity, do you have the same issues with other faiths? How do you feel about Islam?

Werbung:
I think dying was the easy part.

Having friends betray you, being beaten as badly as anyone could be

watching your mother suffer as she watches you suffer and you can do nothing to comfort her

dying was the easy part for sure

You seem to have real issues with Christianity, do you have the same issues with other faiths? How do you feel about Islam?

you dont feed the trrolls for the same reason you dont wrestle pigs; you ust get muddy and they like it.

Back