Do Conservatives hate National Parks?

samsara15

and deliberately keep them under-funded? If not, why did they let the facilities at places such as Bryce Canyon and the North Rim of Grand Caynon (lack of parking) fall into such disrepair? Why do they let the food facilites be so mundane?

Even the state parks of many states, such as NY, Letchworth, for example, have better (more itnteresting) food facilites than a lot of natiuonal parks.

The public love parks.

Werbung:
Isn't that attitude more than a bit elitist? If you want a wilderness, buy your own. If you want a public wilderness, make it accessible to the public. Typical Conservative thinking.,

and deliberately keep them under-funded? If not, why did they let the facilities at places such as Bryce Canyon and the North Rim of Grand Caynon (lack of parking) fall into such disrepair? Why do they let the food facilites be so mundane?

Even the state parks of many states, such as NY, Letchworth, for example, have better (more itnteresting) food facilites than a lot of natiuonal parks.

The public love parks.

With what money?

I supose if we had an endless supply of money we could hire all kinds of people to do all sorts of special things in the national parks. But we are in a real money crunch and have been for a while. If parks are getting less money these days its probably because people can not afford to travel to see them and are not paying the various fees to get in. I know the Oregon coast is hurting. People can not afford the cost of the fees so they are not going.

why are you blaming conservatives?

Most of the people I know who are against modern food facilites and any other non natural building are the real hard core liberals.

With what money?

I supose if we had an endless supply of money we could hire all kinds of people to do all sorts of special things in the national parks. But we are in a real money crunch and have been for a while. If parks are getting less money these days its probably because people can not afford to travel to see them and are not paying the various fees to get in. I know the Oregon coast is hurting. People can not afford the cost of the fees so they are not going.

why are you blaming conservatives?

Most of the people I know who are against modern food facilites and any other non natural building are the real hard core liberals.

Pretty sure those would be Anarchist, not liberals ...from the sounds of it

Pretty sure those would be Anarchist, not liberals ...from the sounds of it

Not the people I am thinking of. They are not anti government they just want the natural parks to stay natural. Pack in your food and pack it out. Most of them do not want roads either, bike and hiking trails instead.

I dont mind that so much, though I do think there should be roads for those who are too old to bike/hike in or disabled.

Not the people I am thinking of. They are not anti government they just want the natural parks to stay natural. Pack in your food and pack it out. Most of them do not want roads either, bike and hiking trails instead.

I dont mind that so much, though I do think there should be roads for those who are too old to bike/hike in or disabled.

you need a mix, making it so people can enjoy , it what helps keep the support....but making yellowstone into Disney kills the whole point...

you need a mix, making it so people can enjoy , it what helps keep the support....but making yellowstone into Disney kills the whole point...

I agree

but the thread starter is blaming conservatives for not having better eating areas in national parks

I am saying its more liberal people not wanting to ruin the beauty

also even if everyone wanted it to have stainless steel drinking fountians.

WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY!!!!

Werbung:

The public love parks.

The public loves parks within the city limits for the most part. National Parks, while attracting a lot of people, are not so well attended.

However, why is it you automatically assume it is the Conservative that hates them? It is the left wing loonie part of society that has ruined them. The Conservatives I know pick up their trash when they go out, not the welfare left wing. Conservatives tend to want the forests as pristine, and natural, as they can be. So they support a minimum of lodges, resturaunts, etc.

On the other side of the coin, it is also the left wing loonie that supports closing down roads to make the forests less accessible to the public, and even the fire crews when a fire breaks out. Then too, they are the ones that fight against salvage logging after a fire, oppose allowing people in to cut firewood, and continuously raise the fees for camping, etc., in the forests

Methinks you have again confused just who it is that hates.

Back