Do race and gender matter in enforcing the law?

Werbung:
PSA for those of you who abhor video (like me)

it measures public reaction to three different sorts of people (actors) stealing a bike in a park.

to answer your question, no. once intent is established, wrong remains wrong.
That's how it should be, yet the video shows people wanting to turn the black male in, while offering to help the white female doing and saying exactly the same thing.

That's how it should be, yet the video shows people wanting to turn the black male in, while offering to help the white female doing and saying exactly the same thing.

clearly men will be tempted to think with the small head where pretty girls are involved, not news. certainly doesnt make it right but that other head is not universally bound by right and wrong as evidenced by our culture of hedonism.

setting aside any thought about what film we were shown or not shown, its true that people are aware of crime statistics and they will drive action based on it.

whats kinda sad is just how many people do nothing at all in all scenarios.

clearly men will be tempted to think with the small head where pretty girls are involved, not news. certainly doesnt make it right but that other head is not universally bound by right and wrong as evidenced by our culture of hedonism.

setting aside any thought about what film we were shown or not shown, its true that people are aware of crime statistics and they will drive action based on it.

whats kinda sad is just how many people do nothing at all in all scenarios.

Lots of people just walk no by, that's true. they don't want to get involved.

No one called the cops on the white male stealing the bike, either.

Werbung:
I agree that this video does not accurately reflect reality and certainly does not accurately reflect some hidden prejudice among people.

Keep in mind there is a grain of truth to all stereotypes.

Even Jesse Jackson is quoted as saying:

“There is nothing more painful for me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start to think about robbery and then look around and see it’s somebody white and feel relieved.”

Now, does that statement make Jesse Jackson prejudice?

Er .... wait a minute .... don't answer that ..... o_O

Anyway, you get my point. I give this video an absolute fail on all accounts.

Back