Do you like to eat?

KeepOurFreedoms

Short, [Not At All] Sweet and Urgent

Health and health freedom, like liberty, require constant vigilance. And activism. Now is the time. Again.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), like the FDA, continues to slash away at clean, healthy food, and this time the public comment period has been reduced to an absurd 7 days.

Under the USDA proposal, thirty eight new "ingredients" will be added to the National List. Only products which have been added to that list may be added to organic products and do not have to be noted on the label.

These changes were announced recently and the public comment period was limited to a totally irresponsible 7 days! That period ends May 22, 2007.

I just got home from international traveling (attending a Codex meeting in Canada and lecturing in Sana Fe) not too many hours ago and found this information in my email in box. I knew that you would want to take action on this right away. Although the time is very short, it is a matter of health importance to you and your family to defend your food supply from the dangerous USDA.

USDA Wants More Non-Organic Ingredients in "Organic" Foods

The USDA serves its food industry masters very well. The drug companies have embarked on a global campaign to degrade food quality. It's name is Codex Alimentarius. Like the drug companies, the Agribiz realizes that the worse the quality of your food supply, the more money they make and the thinner your margin between optimal health and illness. Their partners in this tragedy are the drug companies who know full well that the worse your food, the better customer you will be for drugs, chemotherapy and other highly profitable ways of managing illness which is, after all, their business.

Codex is a drug initiative (recently endorsed by the Indian drug makers association, for example) and the FDA, which increasingly acts as if it were a marketing arm for Big Pharma, declared decades ago (October 11, 1995, to be exact) that it will give preference to Codex standards over American ones. Codex has degraded Organic standards and the USDA is following right along. You can read the changes for yourself in the National Organic Products list at http://thefederalregister.com/d.p/2007-05-15-07-2388 .

Is This What You Mean By "Organic"?

Although the Agribiz (including beer) companies (which so often violate organic regulations) have been given months to lobby for the changes in these proposed regulations. By contrast, the general public has been given 7 days. These changes will, like Codex, degrade your food and eliminate your right to know what is in that food. (The US, by the way, consistently points out in Codex meetings that Consumers' Right to Know issues have no place within the Codex context although one of Codex' three mandates is to protect the health of consumers.)

Among the Big Agribiz friendly changes:

Conventional hops (sprayed with pesticides, treated with herbicides and even, perhaps, genetically modified will be allowed in "organic" beer. Anheuser-Busch is reported to be lobbying hard for this one, by the way.
Conventionally raised animals (treated with antibiotics, growth hormones, fed genetically modified feed, concrete, newspapers, chicken parts and bones, slaughter house waste, etc., and subject to mad cow disease (as organic herds are not) will provide their intestines for "organic" sausage casings.
Fish oil (a wonderful dietary supplement) which has never been characterized or standardized would be permitted, allowing sub-standard oils from farm raised, chemical laced, cancer-ridden fish or poorly processed, mercury rich oils from ocean-dwelling fish would be added without further purity requirements. All fish oils are definitely not created equal. The proposed standards makes them that way, however.

Food colorings which may have synthetic, genetically modified, chemical or allergenic components will be permitted.
Ingredients like organic Lemon grass, Rice Starch, Beet Juice & Whey Protein Concentrate are available in sufficient quantities to allow stipulation that only organic grades be permitted. The new regulations allow non-organic ingredients to be used without label notification despite the availability of these organic ingredients.

Action Steps To
Protect Organic Standards -- and Your Health

Step 1. Send your public comment letter to the USDA by clicking here (http://www.democracyinaction.org/di...lthfreedomusa/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=11431) to the USDA. Please do not delay. The Public Comment Period ends May 22.

Step 2. Notify your entire circle of influence that the UADA has once again threatened their health and their health freedom and ask them to use the link provided to send their comments. Send a brief introduction in your own words and forward this email to our contacts.

Step 3. Ask your contacts to notify THEIR contacts of the urgency of this request.

Step 4. If you or your contacts are not already on the mailing list for future Health Alerts, Please sign up on our home page, www.HealthFreedomUSA.org and urge your contacts to do so, too.

Step 5. The Natural Solutions Foundation believes so strongly in the importance of clean, bio-available and health products that we have a store devoted to exactly that: Organic supplements and personal care products. Please visit www.organics4U.org (www.organics4U.org ) and support your health and your health freedom at the same time. Remember, your purchases support your health and the portion of your purchase that supports the Natural Solutions Foundation is tax exempt. When you make a purchase you receive an email documenting the amount of your purchase which is a donation. Next year at tax time, that amount may be deducted as a donation!

Thanks for your activism! This is a long-haul battle and we need to keep fighting it whenever the attack comes!

Yours in health and freedom,

Rima E. Laibow, MD

Medical Director

Natural Solutions Foundation

www.HealthFreedomUSA.org

Werbung:
I should be allowed to eat all the e-numbers I want, as long as I know I'm doing it. I should also be allowed everything organic.

This is a bit ridiculous. We celebrated the Centennial of the Pure Food and Drug act almost a year ago and they're still pulling **** like this? It's unbelievable.

While I'm an advocate of people being able to eat whatever the hell they want, I'm certainly not an advocate of allowing food companies to put whatever they want into their products without being forced to report to consumers what those things are.

So don't you think it would be appropriate to fly the floud properly as a symbol of unity and persistence in a time of distress?

And secondly -- what makes you think that our country is in more distress than it has historically undergone?

I think there aren't enough people that know our country is in distress. Someone has to help make them aware.

Among all the other problems............With over 12 million Illegals invading our country how could you question the distress of our country?

With talk of amnesty i am sure the number has doubled to a probable 24 million . Now that they know what the deal is going to be they are going to come like cicadas.

The Government has been preparing for this REX 84 specifically was set up in the 80s for this exact scenario
they have been pushing for this soon we will be a memory like some other countries as we Move on to become the
North American Union

With talk of amnesty i am sure the number has doubled to a probable 24 million . Now that they know what the deal is going to be they are going to come like cicadas.

The Government has been preparing for this REX 84 specifically was set up in the 80s for this exact scenario
they have been pushing for this soon we will be a memory like some other countries as we Move on to become the
North American Union

There have already been estimates that take the Illegals here from 12 million to 30-35 million. Interesting how people think that there are 30-35 million illegals picking their veggies.

Yeah really thats alot of crop picking....you musnt forget the landscapers and factory workers though oh thats right they only come for the jobs we dont want

thats why they are infilitrating the Union trades rights no all over the country. carpenters bricklayers laborers roofers siders............theyre everywhere it isnt just in the feilds as the Pro Bushies would have us believe

I'm probably going to get jumped all over for this, but...

Why is the idea of a "North American Union" such a bad thing? It seems to me that being able to affect more positive change in Mexico would improve their economy and stop their citizens from "invading" us.

The Immediate LOSS of your RIGHTS as an American Citizen is the First thing to come to mind. Secondly the loss of U.S. Sovierngty is also looming right up at the top. The elimination and re-institution of a new Denomination that takes into account the currencies of all 3 countries...thus in all probability lowering the value of the current US dollar to the LOWEST possible point before re-organizing

Not to mention in doing this you have thrown over 200 years and the US constitution right out the window in favor of competetiveness and Corporate Profit

this whole deal is sickening

You should probably consider this life improving deal for millions of people once your government had addressed the huge amount of poverty in your own country.

Easy for one to say especially when theyre in your seat carrying British Citizenship, Not E.U. citzenship and carrying around a pocketful of the worlds MOST VALUABE currency

The U.S if it goes the route of the EU .........faces Currency adjustment, and LOSS of U.S. Citizenship.And therefore Loss of US rights afforded by the Constitution and decleration of independence

Something G.B was Un-willing to do and look now you all are on top of the world....

Werbung:
Easy for one to say especially when theyre in your seat carrying British Citizenship, Not E.U. citzenship and carrying around a pocketful of the worlds MOST VALUABE currency

Actually, I do have EU citizenship. Anyone in the EU has the right to work anyone else in Europe without a visa and we have lots of economic laws done by Brussels (which is not a good thing because these rules may benefit some countries in Europe and not others, just like the european wide taxes they try to set).

The U.S if it goes the route of the EU .........faces Currency adjustment, and LOSS of U.S. Citizenship.And therefore Loss of US rights afforded by the Constitution and decleration of independence

Don't go the route of the EU, its bloody useless.

Something G.B was Un-willing to do and look now you all are on top of the world....

Sorry, it really shouldn't be allowed that our government makes economically intelligent decisions once in a while. I'm sorry we made the right choice. We really should have purposely let our currency go down the ****ing bog.

And your point about the poverty in your country was...

Back