Do You Think The UK Will Leave The European Union?

Reddie

Britain holds a referendum within a year [in less than 10 months, I suppose] for the people to decide whether they want leave or stay in the EU. Most British citizens I know believe that the only way to deal with immigration crisis is to leave the EU and they believe other Brits [workers mostly] want the same thing.

One would make the assumption therefore that the EU is preparing for a Brexit.

However since those campaigning against staying in the EU don't want to work together this lack of unity might work against them.

Werbung:
Living in the UK, I would say that most people want us to leave the EU, and if there was a referendum then the government would be faced with a dilemma, as I don't think they see it in their best interests.

And that there probably sums up the British government, they aren't bothered about what's right for Britain, they're only interested in lining their own pockets and making a name for themselves.

I hope that the UK does and I will vote for an exit. Many people have wanted this choice but it has been denied them by the Labour government because they knew they would lose.

In light of recent events, the fact that the UK chose to control its own borders may have prevented more terrorists attacks. There are so many other issues, but Cameron is deluded if he think he can instigate EU reforms. The EU doesn't want reform, they want more power, not to give any back. He may have to do this to say 'I tried', but clearly the EU won't agree.

People need to vote. Then the government must act on it or there will be riots if the vote is to leave and it is not actioned.

The government knows only too well that the people of the UK will vote to leave the EU, and I think that's why it's taking them so long to actually have the referendum in the first place.

They aren't sure if it's the right thing to do, but if it IS voted for, then they will have no option but to listen to the people.

With the current situation and EU migrants being allowed status in the UK, it also will convince those who were for the EU to reconsider. Some of the Paris attackers had EU passports which would have allowed them into the UK without any further checks.

It makes each EU state have more responsibility for their citizens and to act if they are suspects, or if there are concerns. Currently many do not monitor them, nor is there a facility for states to share information either.

Personally, as an internationalist, and one who thinks that the existence of the nation-state itself is a bad idea for humanity. I hope England remains and the EU and strengthens their ties to it.

Werbung:
Well the latest news is that if the UK does decide to leave the EU, they will suffer sanctions but I'm not sure on what grounds they can be enforced.

As far as I was aware, membership of the EU isn't compulsory so if a country decides to leave for their own reasons, how can this be punished?

Back