Does anyone even read Time Magazine anymore?

Texas_tea

Today, Time Magazine unveils the "Person of the Year" edition, and, not surprisingly considering previous years’ picks, it's another ridiculous and out of touch choice. The occupy wall street protestor will grace the cover. Now, considering all the stories we have all read about OWS members occupying private property, trashing up the areas they occupy, blocking working people from getting to and from work, defecating and masturbating in public, all the drug busts, the need for rape clinics, and the deaths associated with this anti-American movement, one would have to ask what in the world Time Magazine was thinking.
Perhaps the most ironic twist to this story is that the very day Time releases their "Person of the Year" edition is same day the OWS member who shot up the White House, Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, with an AK-47 back on November 11th is due back in court. Now, either this shows how far Time Magazine really is out of touch with reality, or it shows a clear support for the enemies of America and the US Constitution.

Werbung:
I am wondering why Time Magazine didn't use this protestor for their cover. This protestor certainly depicts the movement much more accurately.

Screen-shot-2011-10-09-at-8.35.08-PM.png

The "person of the year" is not necessarily an "honor", but an acknowledgment that the person has been newsworthy in one way or another.

But, as for the question in the title, just what is a magazine anyway? Isn't it like a blog, except that it's printed and you have to pay to have it delivered? How 20th. century is that?

The "person of the year" is not necessarily an "honor", but an acknowledgment that the person has been newsworthy in one way or another.

But, as for the question in the title, just what is a magazine anyway? Isn't it like a blog, except that it's printed and you have to pay to have it delivered? How 20th. century is that?

I know I'm not exactly cutting edge, isnt a blog like ONE person as opposed top numeros ones ?

I know I'm not exactly cutting edge, isnt a blog like ONE person as opposed top numeros ones ?
I think it depends on the blog.

It takes a lot of people to put a magazine together, but just about anyone can write a blog by themselves. Still, some are more than just someone sitting in their basement with a computer, I think.

I think it depends on the blog.

It takes a lot of people to put a magazine together, but just about anyone can write a blog by themselves. Still, some are more than just someone sitting in their basement with a computer, I think.

I'll take your word for it. Not entirely sure I've read a blog.

Ummm hate to break your, world revolves around the US bubble...but was given to the Protestor....not the wall street protester. You know like the ones who overthrew the goverment of many Arab nations, who are being killed today in Syria, in Russia protesting for a return to Democarcy against Putin..and also yes the wall street protesters...

But as always with you guys, why should facts get in the way of your ranting. ( look even the cover is not a American protester you guys would not even have to read to know.)

2011-12-15T120027Z_4_BTRE7BD1GZI00_RTROPTP_2_PEOPLE-US-TIME-PERSON.JPG

Exactly. It says "From the Arab Spring to Athens, from Occupy Wall Street to Moscow".

For those that are dead-set against OWS, they're going to have a problem with anyone or anything that even hints at suggesting that the movement has *anything* good about it.

But as always with you guys, why should facts get in the way of your ranting. ( look even the cover is not a American protester you guys would not even have to read to know.)

Maybe, as the case usually is between "guys like you" we just have a different understanding of the facts. Time Magazine has traditional pick their person of the year based on the number of the masses they have touched or influenced. For instance like picking Mark Zuckerman last year because of the mass amounts of people Facebook has influence in the new social media world we are living in.

The "Protestor" does not even represent one person or even a group. There are protestors all around the world protesting for multiple of reasons, some political some economical, some legitimate some not. I hardly see where a "protestor" has influenced a mass number of people in one direction or the other. In fact in most cases, as here in the US they are unlawful and seeking chaos over positive change with minimum influence over anyone.

It should have been someone like Steve Jobs or hell, even Obama .... Considering how many unemployed Americans there are in this Country surely he qualifies, considering the sheer masses that he as affected!

For those that are dead-set against OWS, they're going to have a problem with anyone or anything that even hints at suggesting that the movement has *anything* good about it.

Maybe I don't understand. Possibly you could enlighten as to *anything* good about OWS!

Ok, so you're "actually" angry because their "person" of the year turned out to be a concept instead of a person?

Werbung:
Back