Does human life begin at conception?

Werbung:
If human life ends when the brain ceases to function, doesn't it follow that it begins when the brain begins to function?
Neurons start forming at around 11 weeks.
However the frontal lobe doesn't completely form until age 25 and stops changing substantially after around 35. Among other things the frontal lobe inhibits the amygdala ("lizard brain") from doing something stupid. (Not always successfully.)

And 18 year olds are held to be adults, but I question the logic of that, too.

Seems to me a matter of social choice, that one, depending on current conditions. An awful lot of traditional coming-of-age ceremonies tend to be held for the insanely young.

Neurons start forming at around 11 weeks.
However the frontal lobe doesn't completely form until age 25 and stops changing substantially after around 35. Among other things the frontal lobe inhibits the amygdala ("lizard brain") from doing something stupid. (Not always successfully.)
Which is why the law making 18 year olds adults is not totally realistic. When does the brain begin to function, though? That should be pretty easy to establish via an EEG. According to this:

Generally speaking, the first measurable brain waves can be captured on an electroencephalogram (EEG) around the 12th week of pregnancy.

life begins around the 12th. week.

Did my life begin when my Father met my Mother? People can be born earlier than they used to be, but if you start trying to change universal human practice you are going to get yourselves in no end of a mess. Human life begins at birth.

Like I said, we’re told gays have the right to marry and buy cakes and so forth because gay is not a choice. And gay is not a choice, they say, because gays are gay from birth. And if gays are gay from birth, then the matter is genetic, and if it’s genetic then gays are gay even before birth. But if gays are gay before birth, then it would seem that THEY were THEM in the womb. In other words, whatever their nature is, their essence, they had that, they were that, in the womb. And if they are NOW what they were THEN, and were then what they are now, then either they’re people now and they were people then, or they weren’t people then and they aren’t now. Wow

I don’t actually believe there’s such a thing as a gay unborn child, but the fact that this country is even debating the issue seems to indicate that we all acknowledge unborn children exist, are alive, are human, and are people. The moment you say “I was X since before I was born,” you are admitting to the rather unavoidable truth that you were you before you were born. If “person” is important to the definition of “you,” then you must always have been a person for as long as you’ve been you.

But I guess as a liberal.. you can have it both ways..

The moment you say “I was X since before I was born,” you are admitting to the rather unavoidable truth that you were you before you were born. If “person” is important to the definition of “you,” then you must always have been a person for as long as you’ve been you.
You are confusing a "blueprint" of a person with the person to be created from the blueprint. That's what DNA is. A blueprint.
But I guess as a liberal.. you can have it both ways.
There isn't a "both ways", and it has nothing to do with liberalism. It's common sense biology. You are trying to attach religious morals to biology and then condemn it as being liberalism.

God does not make the laws in the USA. It is a secular state.
At the end of the day if anyone were to ask me to choose or attempt to force my hand on a topic – I choose Christ every time. I will choose Christ even against the Constitution of the United States of America. ( and I love the Constitution) Why, because this place is not my home.

My faith doesn’t end the minute I step out of bed, and I am free to choose.. It's who I am..
We all know that most abortions take place when there is much more than just DNA going on..

My last response.. This subject makes me sick...

Werbung:
Back