Does it make sense to continue funding Ukraine?

Goldenwood605

It looks like a big black hole to me.

We're giving them money, they're putting it in their pockets and what?

Despite enormous Western aid, the projected national debt at the end of 2023 will be about $190 billion (102% of the country’s GDP). The World Bank estimates that by the end of 2023, 55% of Ukrainians will be living in poverty and unemployment is expected to reach 30%.

Ukrainian people are dreaming about the counteroffensive but there's May already and their officials are just feeding citizens with false promises.

So here's my question - is it rational to fund Ukraine?

Werbung:
i'm not sure where the "putting it in their pocket" claim comes from?

clearly their economy is being crushed, so the debt isn't surprising. But they seem willing to suffer for their country, just like the american revolution no doubt caused distress to our economy during the war. So I don't think we shouldn't fund them out of worrying about the fact that their economy is hurting.

Funding ukraine has had some positive benefits to the US, in terms of causing nato to come together and actually increase in terms of opposition to putin, who is an imperialistic dictator and needed to be opposed, at least if you believe that the US should care about other countries. Teaching putin and his cronies a lesson about invading other countries has a lot of value.

Werbung:
It looks like a big black hole to me.

We're giving them money, they're putting it in their pockets and what?

Ukrainian people are dreaming about the counteroffensive but there's May already and their officials are just feeding citizens with false promises.

So here's my question - is it rational to fund Ukraine?
Did you complain about Iraq or Vietnam?

Back