Does Man Need a Moral Code?

• Yes

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

GenSeneca

Simple question, although your explanation of why may not be so simple... and I do hope people on both sides provide at least some explanation.

Werbung:
What contrinutes to the success of the gen pool is good.
What contributes to the failure of the gene pool is bad.

BTW why don't you just asl your questions in a straightforward way without all the half-witted anger?

It makes you sound stupid

er

Evolution is not a moral code, evolution is a scientific theory. Aside from that however:

I think no moral code is necessary because morals differ between people, and you will never find common ground to stand on on many issues, and such a code would never be enforceable.

Also, Dawkins, insults directed at other posters are not acceptable.

What contrinutes to the success of the gen pool is good.
What contributes to the failure of the gene pool is bad.

Still not making sense... unless of course your suggesting that Eugenics (Which the Nazi's used to eliminate unwanted gene's from the pool) should somehow be considered a moral code.

Since you cannot explain how Evolution passes as a Moral code:

BTW why don't you just asl your questions in a straightforward way without all the half-witted anger?

It makes you sound stupid

er

Try explaining how this question was not "straightforward" and exactly where the "half-witted anger" is in the question.
----------------------------------------

Man is born good. Society corrupts him. Makes him greedy.

As I understand it... Society is the "Greater Good" - or at least Society dictates to individuals what the "Greater Good" actually is - So would you agree with me that the "Greater Good" is a corrupting force?

Man is born good. Society corrupts him. Makes him greedy.

I guess I am of a slightly different school of thought on this. I think society is what enables humans to live in overall general harmony. If you took "society" out of the equation and humans resorted to simple nature and survival, I am afriad humans would resort to what in society we have come to know as "inhumane".

Werbung:
Back