Does The Olympic Games promote Peace?

Aus22

I have attended seven Olympic Games. one of the reason was that I believe that international sporting contest promote peace. However we have seen Terrorist attack at Munich and now London is armed to the teeth to prevent terrorist attacks. Does this promote peace?

Werbung:
I have attended seven Olympic Games. one of the reason was that I believe that international sporting contest promote peace. However we have seen Terrorist attack at Munich and now London is armed to the teeth to prevent terrorist attacks. Does this promote peace?
being attacked by someone does not mean you do not promote Peace. Protecting yourself does not suggest being against peace.

being attacked by someone does not mean you do not promote Peace. Protecting yourself does not suggest being against peace.
Being attack is not good. But the reaction can often bring peace and unity. I was in Munich during the attack. I did not much o0f it because I could not speak German and my host could not speak English. However on heard it on an English radio news that night. The reaction of the people at the Closing Ceremony united us all as we commemorated those who died. We were united in making sure the Games continued. There has been no attack since except the one on at outside venue in Atlanta,
I am not sure what intellegence the British have but I am not sure an armed response will bring peace. Shooting down planes in civilian areas is dangerous. I think we should be prepared bot not over react.

Attachments

• Olympics 011.jpg
    Olympics 011.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 1
Being attack is not good. But the reaction can often bring peace and unity. I was in Munich during the attack. I did not much o0f it because I could not speak German and my host could not speak English. However on heard it on an English radio news that night. The reaction of the people at the Closing Ceremony united us all as we commemorated those who died. We were united in making sure the Games continued. There has been no attack since except the one on at outside venue in Atlanta,
I am not sure what intellegence the British have but I am not sure an armed response will bring peace. Shooting down planes in civilian areas is dangerous. I think we should be prepared bot not over react.

well there have been many muslim attacks just not restricted to Olympics and frankly the animosity between the muslim word and everyone else has escalated since that point.

I agree that shooting planes down with anti aircraft is a very dangerous thing and I would not want to be the one who decides to kill this group of civiliand as opposed to that group.

Well there have many threats to the Olympics. The supression of the Hungarian revolution took place in 1956 just before the Melbourne Games. However we show our support to the Hungarians. The previous picture was taken at Melbounrne. Many western nations boycotted the Moscow Games because The USSR invaded Afghanistan. The earlier photo was taken at these Games. Later the easten block boycotted the Los Angeles .
Even the attack at the Atlanta Games has not been proven to be Arab.Games.

This is the Olympic Torch the crowd held up at the Closing Ceremony of the Munich Games to commemorate the Israeli victims of the killings. At5 that moment Olympics united people.

Attachments

• Munich Torch.jpg
    Munich Torch.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 1
Despite all the inevitable problems--just remember this about London and England--we are connected to them to our dying day.
We will always stand beside them when needed.

It's mainly the interaction between athletes which can contribute to world peace. Meeting face to face with the Olympians from all over the world would deepen understanding between nations and the Olympic Games can serve as a venue for public diplomacy. Personally, meeting young American students improved the image of the US overall while it is difficult to overcome lingering historical animosities between some nationalities.

Werbung:
It's mainly the interaction between athletes which can contribute to world peace. Meeting face to face with the Olympians from all over the world would deepen understanding between nations and the Olympic Games can serve as a venue for public diplomacy. Personally, meeting young American students improved the image of the US overall while it is difficult to overcome lingering historical animosities between some nationalities.

most of them see the others with some regularity, may have competed for the same school.

Back