Dow Jones down another 371 so far today

Little-Acorn

Down 1600 points in the last two weeks, we can add another 371 drop today. And the day's not over.

I see the change, but the hope is getting hard to find.

DowJones08Aug2011-371.jpg

Werbung:
Now down by 429 for today.

A week ago we were in 12,000 territory. Is today the day we will drop into the 10,000's?

C'mon, market, bounce! bounce!

That crashing sound you just heard, was the Dow falling thru the 10,000-territory mark.

At 2:08 PM EDT, Dow was at 10,997.28, down 447.33.

Now the Dow has fallen to 10,910.89. A 520-point drop today, eclipsing even the 512-point crash the day "The Deal" was signed.

Hope and change, baby, hope and change.

You seem quite relieved and happy to see the destruction caused by the TEA Party.

Remember those words over the past month where they were telling us all that there was nothing to worry about - the whole worry was just made-up? Nothing bad would happen? It was just Obama being a bad leader again?

Guess what. They were wrong. Real wrong.

Now I see these very same people gloating over the damage, blaming it on Obama, and convinced they are on the road to the White House in 2012.

My guess is that most Americans are smart enough to see through their destruction, obstruction, and hostage-taking. Most Americans don't like it.

A man who was born with a silver screw in his stomach instead of a belly button. As he grew up, he furtively searched for a way to have the screw removed; finally, at a monastery in Nepal, he found a monk who could make it happen. To make a long story short, a giant screwdriver appears out of a purple mist, removes the screw, and disappears out the window. Jubilant, the man jumps up, and his rear end falls off. The moral of the story is, “Don’t screw around with things you don’t understand—you can lose your butt.” Appended to the joke was the notation that Congress is screwing around with things it doesn’t understand, such as the economy, and that’s why we are all losing our butts. Lawmakers may not realize they are becoming national jokes, but they are.

a man who was born with a silver screw in his stomach instead of a belly button. As he grew up, he furtively searched for a way to have the screw removed; finally, at a monastery in nepal, he found a monk who could make it happen. To make a long story short, a giant screwdriver appears out of a purple mist, removes the screw, and disappears out the window. Jubilant, the man jumps up, and his rear end falls off. The moral of the story is, “don’t screw around with things you don’t understand—you can lose your butt.” appended to the joke was the notation that congress is screwing around with things it doesn’t understand, such as the economy, and that’s why we are all losing our butts. Lawmakers may not realize they are becoming national jokes, but they are.

amen! ;):)

The major purpose of lawmakers is to make (or repeal) laws. Most of them are therefore lawyers. Lawyers understand law but make laws concerning
biology, a field they don't understand;
environmental science, a field they don't understand;
education, a field they don't understand;
and economics, a field they don't understand.

No wonder this country is going bankrupt and downhill by almost any measure.

The major purpose of lawmakers is to make (or repeal) laws. Most of them are therefore lawyers. Lawyers understand law but make laws concerning
biology, a field they don't understand;
environmental science, a field they don't understand;
education, a field they don't understand;
and economics, a field they don't understand.

No wonder this country is going bankrupt and downhill by almost any measure.

I love your post. It is such a simple yet true reason for the why everything is failing :)

I love your post. It is such a simple yet true reason for the why everything is failing :)

Thank you. I wish this country would nominate real statesmen, but if it isn't lawyers, they choose, entertainers, and military people. I don't really know how to define a statesman, but I wish we could find electable candidates that could run on wisdom and not vicious campaign ads.

Werbung:
I wonder if Lagboltz only considers the statement applicable when Republicans are in charge...

The quick answer is no. My statement applies to Democrats as well. We Democrats have had our fill of them too. Both Obama and Hillary are lawyers and Democrats and had a vicious nomination campaign.

Back