Drowned polar bears?

Werbung:
Someone on the left lied about global warming :eek:

thanks for posting this!

Sure! All you have to do is look at Texas, and the whole of the US this Summer. . .and you'll absolutey know that people talking about climate change have been lying!

Are you just kidding or are you really able to post this with a serious face?

You can say that "someone on the left lied about global warming" or you can say that "someone on the right is playing dirty games so that they can obtain more drilling permit in the already delicate balance of the north pole and Alaska!"

Here is another article re: this:

Scientist Who Reported Polar Bears Drowning Is Suspended by U.S. Agency
QBy Jim Efstathiou Jr. - Jul 28, 2011 12:48 PM ET .
A U.S. government wildlife biologist whose work contributed to the listing of polar bears as a threatened species has been suspended, according to a group that supports government scientists.

Charles Monnett, a researcher in Anchorage with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement, was placed on paid administrative leave July 18 while the Interior Department’s inspector general investigates “integrity issues,” according to a copy of the suspension order provided by Washington-based Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility or PEER.

Monnett is overseeing several scientific studies that would affect decisions on permits for oil and gas development, according to PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch. The group filed a misconduct complaint today against government officials on Monnett’s behalf.

“All of the scientific contracts previously managed by Mr. Monnett are being managed by the highly qualified scientists at BOEMRE,” agency spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz said today in an e-mail. Monnett’s suspension was reported earlier today by the Associated Press.

In 2006, Monnett and a colleague reported observations of polar bears drowning in open waters following a storm. The paper, published in the peer-reviewed journal Polar Biology,was cited by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in its 2008 decision to list the polar bear as threatened under the Endangered Species Act.

President George W. Bush’s administration cited the effect of global warming on the projected decline in sea ice that polar bears depend on for survival.

Climate-Change Symbol
Average temperatures in parts of the Arctic have warmed at 10 times the global average, leading to “major reductions in summer sea ice,” according to the Fish and Wildlife Service’s decision. Less ice “may result in increases in bear mortality associated with swimming when there is little sea ice to buffer wave action.”

The designation became a symbol of the effects of climate change. “It caught public attention because it was the first sighting of drowned polar bears in open water,” Ruch said in an interview. “The bears were witnessed by other people. There are contemporaneous notes and there are photos, so we’re mystified as to what’s going on.” The state of Alaska filed a lawsuit claiming the polar-bear decision would limit resource development and the economy.

A federal judge rejected that challenge last month. The agency’s listing “represents a reasoned exercise” of its discretion based on the facts and the available science in 2008 when it made the determination, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan in Washington wrote in a 116-page ruling.

‘Best Available Science’
“The Endangered Species Act decisions are predicated on the best available science,” Chris Tollefson, a spokesman with the Fish and Wildlife Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding of that is constantly evolving.”

Tollefson said the Fish and Wildlife Service can review changes “in what we understand to be the best available science concerning a given species.”

President Barack Obama created an interagency working group led by the Interior Department to oversee oil and natural-gas exploration in Alaska. The group will coordinate permit decisions and environmental reviews for onshore and offshore projects, including Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSA)’s plan to drill in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas.

“As we go into this period, this critical window where permits are going to be decided, you’ll do it without the benefit” of Monnett’s work, Ruch said.

Sure! All you have to do is look at Texas, and the whole of the US this Summer. . .and you'll absolutey know that people talking about climate change have been lying!

Are you just kidding or are you really able to post this with a serious face?

You can say that "someone on the left lied about global warming" or you can say that "someone on the right is playing dirty games so that they can obtain more drilling permit in the already delicate balance of the north pole and Alaska!"

Here is another article re: this:

Scientist Who Reported Polar Bears Drowning Is Suspended by U.S. Agency
QBy Jim Efstathiou Jr. - Jul 28, 2011 12:48 PM ET .
A U.S. government wildlife biologist whose work contributed to the listing of polar bears as a threatened species has been suspended, according to a group that supports government scientists.

Charles Monnett, a researcher in Anchorage with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement, was placed on paid administrative leave July 18 while the Interior Department’s inspector general investigates “integrity issues,” according to a copy of the suspension order provided by Washington-based Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility or PEER.

Monnett is overseeing several scientific studies that would affect decisions on permits for oil and gas development, according to PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch. The group filed a misconduct complaint today against government officials on Monnett’s behalf.

“All of the scientific contracts previously managed by Mr. Monnett are being managed by the highly qualified scientists at BOEMRE,” agency spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz said today in an e-mail. Monnett’s suspension was reported earlier today by the Associated Press.

In 2006, Monnett and a colleague reported observations of polar bears drowning in open waters following a storm. The paper, published in the peer-reviewed journal Polar Biology,was cited by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in its 2008 decision to list the polar bear as threatened under the Endangered Species Act.

President George W. Bush’s administration cited the effect of global warming on the projected decline in sea ice that polar bears depend on for survival.

Climate-Change Symbol
Average temperatures in parts of the Arctic have warmed at 10 times the global average, leading to “major reductions in summer sea ice,” according to the Fish and Wildlife Service’s decision. Less ice “may result in increases in bear mortality associated with swimming when there is little sea ice to buffer wave action.”

The designation became a symbol of the effects of climate change. “It caught public attention because it was the first sighting of drowned polar bears in open water,” Ruch said in an interview. “The bears were witnessed by other people. There are contemporaneous notes and there are photos, so we’re mystified as to what’s going on.” The state of Alaska filed a lawsuit claiming the polar-bear decision would limit resource development and the economy.

A federal judge rejected that challenge last month. The agency’s listing “represents a reasoned exercise” of its discretion based on the facts and the available science in 2008 when it made the determination, U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan in Washington wrote in a 116-page ruling.

‘Best Available Science’
“The Endangered Species Act decisions are predicated on the best available science,” Chris Tollefson, a spokesman with the Fish and Wildlife Service, said in an interview. “Our understanding of that is constantly evolving.”

Tollefson said the Fish and Wildlife Service can review changes “in what we understand to be the best available science concerning a given species.”

President Barack Obama created an interagency working group led by the Interior Department to oversee oil and natural-gas exploration in Alaska. The group will coordinate permit decisions and environmental reviews for onshore and offshore projects, including Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSA)’s plan to drill in the Chukchi and Beaufort seas.

“As we go into this period, this critical window where permits are going to be decided, you’ll do it without the benefit” of Monnett’s work, Ruch said.

I have no doubt that we have climate change, we have had climate change for as long as we have had a climate :)

This year had been a good year for debunking liars on the left faking information. I am glad it's coming out. But it won't change anything I am sure, there will always be useless idiots who buy into it. But it's nice to read about the ones who get caught.

"“It caught public attention because it was the first sighting of drowned polar bears in open water,” Ruch said in an interview. “The bears were witnessed by other people. There are contemporaneous notes and there are photos, so we’re mystified as to what’s going on.”"

As so often happens in these kinds of muckraking stories, there is more to the story, and we do not know what it is.

But it sure does rile people, eh?

Remember when all we heard about was the drowning polar bears?

Apparently there were probably not any dead polar bears and the scientist who made the claim has been suspended pending an investigation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/science/earth/29polar.html?_r=2

Just another lie promoted by the leftist media and believed by some. It is great when these liars are exposed and the truth comes out.

But as we see, even when the truth comes out, many refuse to accept it.

I have no doubt that we have climate change, we have had climate change for as long as we have had a climate :)

This year had been a good year for debunking liars on the left faking information. I am glad it's coming out. But it won't change anything I am sure, there will always be useless idiots who buy into it. But it's nice to read about the ones who get caught.

Climate changes have been very mild for hundreds of years. . .but it has dramatically changed in the the last 10 years, and even more in the last 2 years.

You can be insulting and demeaning to people who see something you don't see, or that you don't want to recognize because it doesn't fit your "party line ideology," but it doesn't change facts.

The icebergs are melting at a rate that is much faster than it has ever been recorded before, and much faster than it was even predicted 10 years ago.

The historically colder countries are getting warmer winters, and the warmer countries are getting colder winters.

Droughts are wide spread. . .Texas is experiencing a drought that is worse than that of the "dust bowl" era.

I am not a scientist, so I do not know why this is happening, or what can be done to slow climate change, so that OUR life doesn't have to change so drastically, and so that our earth can feed all of us, including in Africa.

But I find your disregarding and belittleling attitude insulting and ridiculous, as I am certain that you have no more certitude of what kind of consequences this huge spike in climate change will bring to us.

Climate changes have been very mild for hundreds of years. . .but it has dramatically changed in the the last 10 years, and even more in the last 2 years.

You can be insulting and demeaning to people who see something you don't see, or that you don't want to recognize because it doesn't fit your "party line ideology," but it doesn't change facts.

The icebergs are melting at a rate that is much faster than it has ever been recorded before, and much faster than it was even predicted 10 years ago.

The historically colder countries are getting warmer winters, and the warmer countries are getting colder winters.

Droughts are wide spread. . .Texas is experiencing a drought that is worse than that of the "dust bowl" era.

I am not a scientist, so I do not know why this is happening, or what can be done to slow climate change, so that OUR life doesn't have to change so drastically, and so that our earth can feed all of us, including in Africa.

But I find your disregarding and belittleling attitude insulting and ridiculous, as I am certain that you have no more certitude of what kind of consequences this huge spike in climate change will bring to us.

I said I agree with climate change, but I do not agree with global warming. Yes, the ice is melting in one location and growing in another and yes its hotter right now than its been in the past in some location and colder than it has been in others, we had snow in April, we don't usually have snow in the winter, Tomorrow is August and we are in one of our first nice days this year. Poor AlGore has tried to have global warming conferences in April and was snowed out in the past. Earth has her cycles it gets warm then we get ice ages then it gets warm again.

Sorry if you are insulted that others do not agree with what you and your party believes but it's really ok when people disagree.

I said I agree with climate change, but I do not agree with global warming. Yes, the ice is melting in one location and growing in another and yes its hotter right now than its been in the past in some location and colder than it has been in others, we had snow in April, we don't usually have snow in the winter, Tomorrow is August and we are in one of our first nice days this year. Poor AlGore has tried to have global warming conferences in April and was snowed out in the past. Earth has her cycles it gets warm then we get ice ages then it gets warm again.

Sorry if you are insulted that others do not agree with what you and your party believes but it's really ok when people disagree.

I never had a problem with people disagreeing with me, or having different ideas. It is not your lack of belief in global warming or excessive climate change that I find insulting.

It is the way you belittle people who disagree with YOU!

"a good year for debunking liars on the left faking information"

"useless idiots"

That really depends on who's models you are looking at, if you are looking at the hockey stick that was debunked earlier this year then yeah I suppose
you could research other scientists work who think we are actually headed towards global cooling or others who just compare data from the 90s to now and find little difference.

here is one... http://clivebest.com/blog/?p=2208

icebergs are melting at a rate that is much faster than it has ever been recorded before, and much faster than it was even predicted 10 years ago.

and other ice caps are growing at the same rate, its just not reported by MSNBC :)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/jan/10/inconvenient-truth-ice-cap-growing/

historically colder countries are getting warmer winters, and the warmer countries are getting colder winters.

How can you explain warmer countries getting colder if we are in a GLOBAL warming situation?

I never had a problem with people disagreeing with me, or having different ideas. It is not your lack of belief in global warming or excessive climate change that I find insulting.

It is the way you belittle people who disagree with YOU!

I am truly sorry if you feel I am belittling you. I find it odd you would feel that way since that is pretty much all you do to anyone who disagrees with you in post. I may have not been participating in dialog lately but I have been reading the threads and posts and you do to anyone who disagrees with you exactly what you are accusing me of doing.

It does not hurt my feelings or insult me, I find it kind of cute and funny really.

But if anything I have said to you has offended you, I am very sorry and I will try to be careful not to offend you in the future regardless of how you treat me or others

and other ice caps are growing at the same rate, its just not reported by MSNBC :)

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2010/jan/10/inconvenient-truth-ice-cap-growing/

...?

Just to be clear, the reason there is more summer ice is because the winter ice that used to be there is now gone. Unfortunately this story really shows just how serious the problem is. If there is 409,000 square miles of new summer ice it is because there is 409,000 square miles of sea that is no longer frozen year around. Whether we like it or not, that is a scary piece of news.

Just to be clear, the reason there is more summer ice is because the winter ice that used to be there is now gone. Unfortunately this story really shows just how serious the problem is. If there is 409,000 square miles of new summer ice it is because there is 409,000 square miles of sea that is no longer frozen year around. Whether we like it or not, that is a scary piece of news.

Summer ice? Its been growing for years, just as the other cap has been melting this is growing.

When Greenland was first found it was green with grass and people lived there, since then its become ice. If it is world wide hotter today than we were back then why has that ice not melted and if there is GLOBAL warming then how is it we are getting snow here in Eugene in April and the most mild of summers (thank God!) Cuz I hate the heat :)

I am more inclined to think we are headed to global cooling and eventually another ice age or perhaps even more inclined to think we are heading for polar shift or something like that.

But I have nothing against you thinking its global warming. Though I do have something against morons like Ted Turner saying we are going cannibal due to global warming or AlGore and his crazy and forced ideas scaring high school kids.

When Greenland was first found it was green with grass and people lived there, since then its become ice....

heh heh.... The viking leader who named Iceland and Greenland was a real estate promoter. He owned Greenland, he didn't own Iceland. So he named his competitor Iceland and his own lofty estate was named Greenland. But the place was covered with ice. He was just a charlatan promoter trying to con people into emigrating to his new world by fluffing its name.

Werbung:
heh heh.... The viking leader who named Iceland and Greenland was a real estate promoter. He owned Greenland, he didn't own Iceland. So he named his competitor Iceland and his own lofty estate was named Greenland. But the place was covered with ice. He was just a charlatan promoter trying to con people into emigrating to his new world by fluffing its name.

But it at one time had land not covered in ice

What do you think caused the ice ages in the past to end?

What do you think caused them to happen to start with?

Back