Early voting and absentee ballot requests favor Obama

Popeye

Early voting has been going on in several key states across the country, absentee ballot requests could give us an indication as well...If indeed all this means anything, only in Fla. does McCain look good. On a more personal note, I got my ballot Saturday..two votes coming out of this household for Barack Obama.

Democrats lead in Iowa, asking for roughly 60,000 more ballots than Republicans as of last Wednesday.

Democrats lead in Ohio, with about 35,000 more requesting absentee ballots than Republicans as of last week.

Democrats lead in North Carolina early voting, with some 62% being registered Democrats of the more than 200,000 who voted last Thursday and Friday, while only 22% were registered Republicans.

In Georgia, many of the more than 540,000 ballots that were cast as of Wednesday were in Dem strongholds of metropolitan Atlanta, and blacks accounted for 37% of them.

In Florida, GOPers hold an edge in absentee balloting, with 220,000 more Republicans requesting absentee ballots than Dems.

All of those states went for Bush in 2004, and if McCain doesn't win them all he might as well forget it and check in to the old folks home. Meanwhile Palin can go back to Alaska and oversee the slaughtering of more animals...Don't ask me why but Republicans seem to enjoy that sort of thing.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2008285270_apearlyvoting.html?syndication=rss

Werbung:
Back