Economy getting MUCH better!

top gun

As predicted the tide is turning. Many banks started paying back their TARP money... then GM announced it was to start it's repayment to the government... and now a major player Bank of America is paying everything back.

A drop in the unemployment rate always lags somewhat behind an upturning economy... we're getting very close to a full recovery.

Bank of America Ready to Pay Back $45 Billion in Bailout Money
12/3/09
Economy, Wall Street

Bank of America announced Wednesday that it will pay back the $45 billion it received from the Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP. The U.S. dollar and euro both rose in response to the positive news from America's largest bank.

"We appreciate the critical role that the U.S. government played last fall in helping to stabilize financial markets, and we are pleased to be able to fully repay the investment, with interest," Bank of America CEO Ken Lewis said in a statement.

The announcement underscored the speedy recovery of U.S. banks that received bailout funds. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Wednesday that the Obama administration is planning to "wind down" the $700 billion bailout program, and that the "substantial" remaining funds would be used to pay down the national debt.

Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and a number of smaller banks have already paid back the money they received from the government, netting the U.S. a profit of $4 billion by the end of August.

Werbung:
Glad you're happy. Now maybe you can stop worrying about those people in foil hats that seem to scare such a big guy. Obama is going to give you the moon, and when it doesn't happen you can blame it on Bush, or Reagan. Hell let's trash Washington too, he wasn't so liberal. It certainly won't be the "fault" of sheeple people who actually believe that THIS president is more concerned about the country than his own re-election and name in history. Yep, Obama probably said as a kid, "I want to save America from itself". He certainly wasn't looking for glory as the first black president, who knew nothing about anything, still doesn't, and relies on the same intelligence that came before him.

I seem to remember an almost WHITE looking Obama after he came out of his first cabinet meeting, and found out that he's a token, he has to listen to other world leaders, and he just wont' be able to do what he promised, because you fools actually believe that America alone calls the shots for America.

Do you suppose that this "transparent" pres is going to give you, Mr. Citizen a breakdown of how any monies repaid by banks is going to be spent? Of course you do. You above all others on this board actually seem to worship this man. You do realize that he's just a person and not the God that you don't believe in, don't you? Lol.

BODODIE Said: Glad you're happy.

GEE...let's see, why wouldn't all America 'NOT' be happy. This isn't a sports contest, it's not about THEM v. US...it's about all of AMERICA and the recovery process that was such an urgent/emergency issue last September {remember those, drop everything and fly back to Washington DC to vote for all of that emergency STIMULUS MONEY THAT EVERYONE VOTE FOR:confused:

Good grief you act like you're from a different planet! :rolleyes:

What are you basing the economy getting "much" better on? Because some big businesses are giving the money back?

Do you actually think that your children and grandchildren won't be paying forever because of the bailouts? Did you personally prosper from those? Be sure to pay the taxes on that stimulus you got there bud. Did you think Obama was giving you something for nothing? Do you KNOW FOR A FACT that Obama is going to spend the money to pay down the debt?

GEE...let's see, why wouldn't all America 'NOT' be happy.
You wanna gander a guess on the percentage of upsidedown mortgages there are in this country? Do ya think those "Americans are happy?"

Gee the jobless rate went down. Yep, those Christmas Wal-mart employees are on the way to riches....until after the holidays.

OH JEEZ. Now suddenly nothing's a "contest". Well, I got news for you little man, it is contest, it's a fight for those who have worked hard and been smart with money to not have it squandered on people who didn't and can't manage money.

Can you possibly tell me how the economy is getting better when we are still spending billions a month on a war we can't possibly win, or more to the point, one which I don't think our president and his "advisors" have any more intention of winning than Bush did.

Where is that money going to come from....hmmmmmmmm?

Gee the jobless rate went down. Yep, those Christmas Wal-mart employees are on the way to riches....until after the holidays.

You look for positive information where ever you want too...I'll enjoy anything that isn't going down the crapper when I'm able too;)

If the 'RIGHT WINGED NUT JOBS' can ignore the way in which the last President allowed all of this '**** AVALANCE' to fall upon us...then I think that I'm quite able to just ignore the 'KICK YOU IN THE GUT' cost of that live in infamy 2 disastrous worthless wars that he put us into!

Isn't it all just magic money anyway...G.W.B. had a budget surplus and strung it out to appease all of the masses so that he could be re-elected and save our JOBS & ECONOMY.
WELL, HELLS BELLS that sure worked really well didn't it?

Werbung:
Back