EU Refendum set

hedonologist

The EU referendum has now been set for June 23rd. It is a pleasant surprise that it is being held 18 months sooner than required, although David Cameron has said he would rather it sooner than later.

Personally I will be voting to leave, what way will you be voting?

Werbung:
To be honest I still haven't made my mind up either way. I don't think the British public have got the required information to even make an informed decision yet, and at this rate we'll be bring asked to vote, when we haven't even been told of the consequences of either action.

The EU referendum has now been set for June 23rd. It is a pleasant surprise that it is being held 18 months sooner than required, although David Cameron has said he would rather it sooner than later.

Personally I will be voting to leave, what way will you be voting?

The reasons why have not been clear, but I have read on another social media post that talks with Turkey to allow them to finally join the EU are at the end of June 2016, so funny how the referendum is just before that date. The talks have been sped up due to the migrant crisis and that Turkey will be eligible for EU funds to help house them. In return they want full EU membership, and that's why it's important. If people knew the EU was talking to speed up this bargain with Turkey, that would mean Turkish people could enter EU countries freely and work there, plus all the refugees who are granted asylum.

Though I don't come from a EU member state, I would be voting with my heart to leave. The discretion of individual countries in international affairs is being hampered by EU membership. It has also made member countries lose their individualism. My opinion is based on selfish assessmens of global geopolitics. Otherwise, Britain has more to lose than gain by leaving.

Financially, it looks like staying is a better option.
For control and independant freedoms for the UK to decide its own path, it looks like leaving is best.
I have no idea how to vote, swaying towars better the devil you know...

If you mean financial collapse: With today's global and cross national companies, there isn't much isolation to be found being outside the EU. Corporations are borderless.

Werbung:
It seems that the same arguments are being brought up though by the IN campaigners as what was being warned would happen if we didn't ditch the British Pound and join the Euro.

We decided not to join the Euro and I don't think we've been any worse off, and some could argue we're doing better because of keeping our own currency.

Last edited:
Back