Europe cant be trusted?

pwarbi

So in his latest rant, Trump as put Europe in the firing line by saying it can't be trusted and as a lot of problems that aren't being fixed.

Now from somebody like myself from the UK, in the past I've not particularly worried about Trumps opinion of us, but on this occasion I think he might have a point.

Are the problems in Europe being dealt with as well as possible, or is Trump right to say that the countries in the EU are failing to deal with the issues they're facing, so in that respect the US can't afford to trust them to do what's best?

Werbung:
Mistakes are one thing, I think what matters the most is how they get rectified. Then again, I'm not sure the EU recognises that it has made mistakes just yet, so that needs to happen before we can go about trying to fix them I guess.

Mistakes are one thing, I think what matters the most is how they get rectified. Then again, I'm not sure the EU recognises that it has made mistakes just yet, so that needs to happen before we can go about trying to fix them I guess.
Exactly, no acknowledgement no correction. Big problem.

And it's a big problem that's only going to get worse. With the way things are going I'm not even sure if things can be fixed now, but at least one country needs to stand up and try and come up with some solutions.

That would at least be a start anyway...

And it's a big problem that's only going to get worse. With the way things are going I'm not even sure if things can be fixed now, but at least one country needs to stand up and try and come up with some solutions.

That would at least be a start anyway...
Yup. They are risking the same rejection of "the establishment" as is occurring here.
You can't ignore the citizens.

You say they can't ignore the citizens, but that's exactly what they are doing in most countries across Europe.

While most people in the EU want stricter controls on immigration, all we're hearing in the media and from the government is the stance from the sandle-wearing, tree hugging, liberal lefties that are saying we have to give IS an hug if we want to try and understand it.

I don't want to understand it, I've seen enough to know I don't want anything to do with it, and it should be wiped out rather than negotiated with.

You say they can't ignore the citizens, but that's exactly what they are doing in most countries across Europe.

While most people in the EU want stricter controls on immigration, all we're hearing in the media and from the government is the stance from the sandle-wearing, tree hugging, liberal lefties that are saying we have to give IS an hug if we want to try and understand it.

I don't want to understand it, I've seen enough to know I don't want anything to do with it, and it should be wiped out rather than negotiated with.
Well let's say that there are consequences for ignoring the citizens.
You don't want to wake the sleeping dog.

Trump is going to do something about the ISIS problem. However, it will lead to a massive war. The execution of the war could be barbaric, cause Trump would be the only man with the guts to push it to the max. I wish I could say Trump is justified in his stance against Islam and Latino immigrants. However, ultimately, I think the west brought the problem on themselves, and only the west is to blame. A lot of the hate against multiculturalism and the like is scapegoating.

You could compare it some bratty kid who causes all sorts of trouble, and then Dad has to go to extreme measures to bail him out.

Well Trump won't be able to do anything about the ISIS problem until he gets into power, and as of yet that's only an if.

While I do think that action needs to be taken, and I don't mean lets all meet up.and have a nice cup of tea like the Labour leader over here in the UK suggested, but all out war? Would even that be able to clean up this mess?

Well Trump won't be able to do anything about the ISIS problem until he gets into power, and as of yet that's only an if.

While I do think that action needs to be taken, and I don't mean lets all meet up.and have a nice cup of tea like the Labour leader over here in the UK suggested, but all out war? Would even that be able to clean up this mess?
No need for war. Put some heat on muslim states to clean up their mess. They know how just need incentive.

If Merkel got involved, her idea of an incentive would probably be to offer them limitless travel throughout the whole of Europe. Seeing as it's worked so well this time and she's sticking by what a great decision it's been, I'm sure she'd want to do the same again...

pwarbi, Merkel is supporting the latest agreement with Turkey. Europe is sending back refuges who arrive by boat and taking refugees direct from Turkey camps. This is the Australia solution and has work here with no boats arriving.

Merkel as already opened the door though and this just sounds like a case of closing the stable door when the horse as already bolted. It's too little, too late.

I'm not saying that the terrorist acts in Brussels and Paris are directly linked with the influx of so called refugees, they would probably have happened anyway, but I think the fact that every country in Europe is having to deal with more and more refugees, asylum seekers, immigrants, call them what you want, is stretching the authorities to the point that it's making these acts of terror easier to accomplish.

Werbung:
I think there were terrorists attacks in Europe long before the refugees. For example the bombing of trains in Britain and Spain. One or more terrorists might have been refugees but most were born in Europe.

Back