Fair Tax Comes to Ohio

TruthAboveAll

I received an e-mail alert from the Michigan Fair Tax group. Seems that Ohio is putting another nail in our (MI) one-state recession... Ohio tax reform program.

The link above takes you to the state website info. They aren't calling it "fair tax" as far as I can see, and I've got to read more details to see how the components stack up. Their tax reform seems to be primarily concerning corporate taxes. But regardless, it's a huge step in the right direction. At least, it is if a state is serious about trying to improve their business climate and actually attract companies instead of driving them away, like MI has been doing...

This quote is part of a marketing letter regarding commercial real estate in Ohio, but gives a gist of what is going on:
Soon, Ohio's corporate income tax will be completely eliminated, making it just
one of two states in the nation without a general tax on corporate profits and
without a general tax on tangible personal property.
By allowing companies to reduce costs and maximize profits, Ohio is becoming the ideal location for your clients to compete in the
global economy.

Our globe-trotting Gov. Granholm said that if we gave her four more years we'd be "blown away." Those of us who voted and campaigned against her understood that line. KUDOS to Ohio! Our loss is their gain; at least they are able to ascertain exactly what a burgeoning tax burden can do to a states' business climate. It's good to see that the word may be spreading and at least somebody's getting on the band wagon.

Werbung:
Back