Faux News shut out at Obama press conference

Popeye

I'm glad to see Obama identifying his enemies and treating them accordingly..Faux News and those that hang on every word of the known liars (teabaggers and the like) are definitely not his friends.

Perhaps the best thing about tonight's press conference is something that President Obama didn't do: call on Fox. ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN all got questions -- but not Fox.

When Fox announced that it wouldn't broadcast the news conference, it just underscored the fact that Fox is not a serious news operation, and shutting them out tonight was a good way of making it clear that they won't be treated like one. Amen -- there's no reason to pretend that Fox is anything but a GOP propaganda tool.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/4/29/726084/-Fox-shut-out-at-press-conference

Werbung:
Ouchies! ...lol...

I've "shut them out" of my viewing too. I won't even watch Fox affiliates and they even have some programming I like!

But the traitor thing...I just can't get over it.

Pretty amazing, huh?

:rolleyes:

After hearing this, beforehand, I made a point of checking all networks, during the press-conference.

Sure-enough, only the Librul Media (everyone, but FAUX Noise) covered/aired it.

.....And, people still wonder why FAUX Noise fans & Porky Limbaugh's Dead-O-Heads are so ill-informed??!!!

:confused:

Pretty amazing, huh?

After hearing this, beforehand, I made a point of checking all networks, during the press-conference.

Sure-enough, only the Librul Media (everyone, but FAUX Noise) covered/aired it.

.....And, people still wonder why FAUX Noise fans & Porky Limbaugh's Dead-O-Heads are so ill-informed??!!!

:confused:

So much for those posters that keep telling me that FOX news is fair and impartial...it's pretty much a slap in the face of our elected president too NOT carry his speech...WTH were they thinking!

This is just a sad, sad thing that our 'unbiased media' starts displaying this type of public 'pissing match'...I'm not naive to think that none of that does Not Go On Behind Closed Conference Doors...but to do it so publicly is thoughtless...IMO!

So let me get this straight. According to you, Obama indentifies Fox as an enemy, refuses to answer in of their questions, and Fox responds by not bothering to air his stupid press conference... and you think Fox is being biased?! :rolleyes:

Way to go Fox! Shut out that idiot Obama. He's only tripled our deficit, doubled our national debt, and released some possible Muslim Terrorist in our homeland... Turn that idiot off!

I'll be a new Fox News subscriber if this keeps up! :D

So let me get this straight. According to you, Obama indentifies Fox as an enemy, refuses to answer in of their questions, and Fox responds by not bothering to air his stupid press conference... and you think Fox is being biased?! :rolleyes:
FAUX Noise made the first-move.

'Nuff said.​

You've gotten that O.K., from your Mom & Dad?

Way to go Fox! Shut out that idiot Obama. He's only tripled our deficit, doubled our national debt, and released some possible Muslim Terrorist in our homeland... Turn that idiot off!

What do you mean?..You already are a Faux News subscriber..in fact, you're a devotee, you repeat their talking heads ( Hannity, BillO, Beck) nonsense almost verbatim.

Faux disrespected Obama in being the only major network not to carry the news conference....Obama rightly sent them a message and they got what they deserved.

So much for those posters that keep telling me that FOX news is fair and impartial...it's pretty much a slap in the face of our elected president too NOT carry his speech...WTH were they thinking!

This is just a sad, sad thing that our 'unbiased media' starts displaying this type of public 'pissing match'...I'm not naive to think that none of that does Not Go On Behind Closed Conference Doors...but to do it so publicly is thoughtless...IMO!

Fox is an entire network, so you're being lied to with the usual half truths and misdirections so often found in politics and political hacks.

Fox News did cover it...

Fox Sports didn't cover it... They played sports shows. HOW BIASED!!! :p

Fox Entertainment didn't cover it... They aired their usual line up for that night. Why shouldn't they? Every other station was showing the Obama address... Fox offered the 7 million who tuned in an alternative to the fawning propaganda that was the Obama coverage on every other channel.

When Bush was president and giving national speeches, ABC, NBC and others went on with their normal programming from time to time, they didn't always cover his speeches but you didn't see that as bias at the time.

Imagine if Bush had chosen to avoid calling on news organizations that he knew would ask him hard questions... Thats exactly what Obama did by not calling on Fox.... The people who would have excoriated Bush, are praising Obama for doing the exact same thing.

ASPCA, Welcome to the Progressive world of Double Standardville.

As Gen points out it was covered by Fox News.

I like how you someone think it is OK to not question your leaders. Did anyone post links analyzing what reporters Bush called on? This whole thread it pathetic.

Sorry that not everyone will print how wonderful Obama is. Here are some polls for you. Obama is the 2nd LEAST popular President at this point out of the last 5. He is also the most partisan and divisive. I find it interesting that someone less popular at this point than Bush gets cover stories saying how wonderful he is. Pathetic.

Why don't you ask real questions of your leaders and not get on your knees hoping to catch the scraps that fall from the teleprompter. Pathetic. Just pathetic. No wonder Obama won, people like you vote.

Sorry that not everyone will print how wonderful Obama is. Here are some polls for you. Obama is the 2nd LEAST popular President at this point out of the last 5. He is also the most partisan and divisive. I find it interesting that someone less popular at this point than Bush gets cover stories saying how wonderful he is. Pathetic.

Looks to me like you've been fibbing...either that or watching too much Faux News;

Obama's 63% first-quarter average matches the historical average of 63% for elected presidents' first quarters since 1953. However, it is the fourth highest for a newly elected president since that time, and the highest since Jimmy Carter's 69% in 1977. The historical first-quarter average includes two presidents whose scores exceeded 70% (John Kennedy's 74% and Dwight Eisenhower's 71%).

-------

From a broader historical perspective, Obama's 63% quarterly average is well above the historical norm for all approval ratings, regardless of presidential quarter. It ranks in the 74th percentile of all presidential quarters since 1945, and is significantly better than the 54% average rating for all presidential quarters.

jcrm22ltekichtg0jsovqa.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117598/Obama-Averages-Approval-First-Quarter.aspx

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Approve-63%

Disapprove-31%

You just keep up the Faux News inspired wishful thing..you and the rest of the good 'ol boys of the all white party. What? Your party ID is shrinking...what a surprise.

pewgop.jpg

The Incredible Shrinking GOP

Looks to me like you've been fibbing...either that or watching too much Faux News;

jcrm22ltekichtg0jsovqa.gif

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117598/Obama-Averages-Approval-First-Quarter.aspx

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Approve-63%

Disapprove-31%

You just keep up the Faux News inspired wishful thing..you and the rest of the good 'ol boys of the all white party. What? Your party ID is shrinking...what a surprise.

pewgop.jpg

The Incredible Shrinking GOP

Of course you leave out of your posts the disapprove numbers vs. the unsure numbers. When those are factored in, what I stated stands.

Fox is an entire network, so you're being lied to with the usual half truths and misdirections so often found in politics and political hacks.

Fox News did cover it...

Fox Sports didn't cover it... They played sports shows. HOW BIASED!!! :p

Fox Entertainment didn't cover it... They aired their usual line up for that night. Why shouldn't they? Every other station was showing the Obama address... Fox offered the 7 million who tuned in an alternative to the fawning propaganda that was the Obama coverage on every other channel.

When Bush was president and giving national speeches, ABC, NBC and others went on with their normal programming from time to time, they didn't always cover his speeches but you didn't see that as bias at the time.

Imagine if Bush had chosen to avoid calling on news organizations that he knew would ask him hard questions... Thats exactly what Obama did by not calling on Fox.... The people who would have excoriated Bush, are praising Obama for doing the exact same thing.

ASPCA, Welcome to the Progressive world of Double Standardville.

Well as much as I hate to be the one that BURSTS that knowledge bubble of yours...but out in the rural areas of America many people are only able to pick up certain carrier stations for viewing and when their only carrier stations just happens to be the FOX channel then they certainly did miss out on our Presidents Speech...right/wrong/indifferent...everyone should have the choice to view it or turn it off and do something else...but when a main media carrier makes the imperial decision to 'NOT' televise the Presidents time on National TV then who gets short changed for fair & unbiased news???

And that point about G.W.B. and with whom he would call on...you're delusional if you think that he didn't ignore certain reporters in that media room. COME ON!!!

Werbung:
As Gen points out it was covered by Fox News.

I like how you someone think it is OK to not question your leaders. Did anyone post links analyzing what reporters Bush called on? This whole thread it pathetic.

Why don't you ask real questions of your leaders and not get on your knees hoping to catch the scraps that fall from the teleprompter. Pathetic. Just pathetic. No wonder Obama won, people like you vote.

To me it's not a matter of whether or not anyone would idolize our current President but the lack of respect and being a media moment for all of America to hear and see...that's what bothers me the most. And as I pointed out in my response to Gen. statement...don't assume that all of America gets the wide variety/selection that cable TV offers most major cities! As I stated; if your major source of media information is the Fox carrier and that is it, then you weren't allowed the choice to listen/tune in/or turn it off and that to me is just wrong and disrespectful of our President and doing an injustice to your viewers...regular programming is always shown in it's entirety during the continual re-runs that we all suffer through.

So sorry that it annoys you that despite what you say the proof continues to support that our elected president is popular and is working hard to 'UNDO' the wrongs and poor choices of the previous 8 years.

"No wonder Obama won, people like you vote"...yes, I did and what a great turn out we had for the elections too! ;)

Back