Fng

Gunny

Greetings fellow forum members. My name is Gunny and I am the proverbial FNG around here. At least until I get some posts under my belt.

I am a moderator on another forum and was looking for another board to post on and found you guys.

I'll give you a quick SITREP on me. I'm a 55-year old born and raised in Gainesville, Florida (GO GATORS!!!!!). Joined the USMC right after high school when I was 18 and never looked back. I served in my beloved Corps for 31 years. I've now been retired for about six years.

I currently fill my time reading, working out, shooting, watching movies, watching sports, listening to music (classic rock, jazz, blues, country, oldies, motown) and watching news channels. I am heavily into politics and love a good heated (but productive) debate. I am blunt, often speaking my mind for better or for worse.

My family is very important to me. I have three children (twin girls and a son). My one daughter is a high school teacher and married to a real estate agent. They have 2 children. . My other daughter is a stay-at-home mom and married to a firefighter. They have 4 children. My only son is currently in his 15th year in the Corps and on his third tour in Afghanistan. He is married and has 2 children.

My wife passed away in 2001 while I was still in the Corps. In 2005 I met a wonderful and beautiful woman originally from Russia, Rada. She moved to the country in her early 20s. We hit it off instantly and got married this past 9/11. We get along perfectly despite her being 20 years my junior (35). But age is just a number. We have an excellent relationship.

I look forward to chatting and debating you all.

Semper Fi.

Werbung:
Welcome Gunny and thank you for your service to our country.

I hope and pray your son and all members of the armed forces return home safely, soon, and do not ever return to Afghanland.

Werbung:
Back