Four in five Americans economically insecure

Stalin

Four in five Americans are “economically insecure,” according to yet-unpublished data reported by the Associated Press Sunday, which shows that the vast majority of the population struggles with near-poverty and unemployment, or relies on government antipoverty programs during at least part of their lives

The figures are based on statistics compiled by Washington University professor Mark Rank, to be published next year by Oxford University Press.
The report notes that, based on the current growth rate of poverty, 85 percent of all working-age adults will experience economic insecurity at some point in their lives by 2030.

The survey defines the “economically insecure” as those who have had an income below 150 percent of the poverty line, were unemployed, or relied on antipoverty programs such as food stamps for up to a year or more.

By that definition, 79 percent of the US population qualifies as “economically insecure,” including 90 percent of nonwhites. The report notes, however, a significant rise in poverty among the white population, with 76 percent classified as economically insecure.

The report notes that among white families, pessimism about their economic prospects has hit the highest levels on records going back to 1987. The report also notes that, for the first time in 38 years, the number of “white single-mother households living in poverty with children” has surpassed or equaled the number of such African-American households.

It also added that, over the past 13 years, poverty among working class whites has grown faster than among other ethnic groups; rising from 8 to 11 percent.
While the poverty rate for nonwhites is significantly higher than for whites, the AP notes that, in absolute terms, whites numerically constitute the largest group of the poor, with 19 million white households falling below the poverty line, and making up 41 percent of the country’s population of destitute people.

more good news at http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/07/29/pove-j29.html

Comrade Stalin

Werbung:
Nader's parents immigrated here from Lebanon. His dad started out working in a mill. He eventually worked his way up economically by starting his own business, a bakery and restaurant and he was able to afford a good education for his son Ralph.

He said your gonna pay more in Taxes than a millionare., The average citizen is gonna pay more to the IRS. then an multi millionaire will pay.

Hes right dog. You pay a chunk outta your savings to the IRS and then you cant afford things like a new car or an new home because the IRS. but a Millionare can still spend money after taxes.

Yes the OP is right. I went to college and worked at a stables baling hay and no doubt I earned less than 150% of the poverty level (which is probably too high). Of course later with that degree I earned a whole lot more.

So most people at some point in their lives are no high earners - big deal.

He said your gonna pay more in Taxes than a millionare., The average citizen is gonna pay more to the IRS. then an multi millionaire will pay.
The intent of what was said there is completely impossible.

Millionaires, or people who earn tons of money, pay way more in taxes than low earners pay over the course of their lives. (we should note now that a millionaire is a person who has accumulated over a million dollars and is not at the same as a person who earns a ton of money.)

Maybe what was meant was that high earners pay a lower percentage of their money than low earners. Well that is not true either.

Hes right dog. You pay a chunk outta your savings to the IRS and then you cant afford things like a new car or an new home because the IRS. but a Millionare can still spend money after taxes.

We should lower taxes then so people have more leftover. We should reduce regulation so people can be paid more. We should pave the way so more people can become high earners.

We should lower taxes then so people have more leftover. We should reduce regulation so people can be paid more. We should pave the way so more people can become high earners.
That's why People should stop voting for DEMOCRATS!

You want lower Taxes? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want tough on crime? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want to send the Mexicans back to Mexico? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want your kids to learn in school and learn the real truth about history? VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Werbung:
That's why People should stop voting for DEMOCRATS!

You want lower Taxes? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want tough on crime? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want to send the Mexicans back to Mexico? VOTE REPUBLICAN!
You want your kids to learn in school and learn the real truth about history? VOTE REPUBLICAN!

Why would I want to send Mexicans back to Mexico? Or did you mean illegal aliens? Unfortunately, in the slander wars the dems have convinced everyone that the republicans are cold heartless profiteers. In reality if we look at the NSA scandal we can see that many the pubs are statists of a different degree. They would keep the so called military industrial complex going just as strong and costing so much so that taxes could not be lowered. Given the choice of voting for a statist who wants to control my every move, watch my every move, and transfer all of my money to special social groups though social programs or special corporate groups versus the statists that wants to control my every move, watch my every move, and transfer all of my money to special corporate groups through the establishment of an unlevel playing field well then there is not much difference even though the pubs are better.

Nevertheless, the stereotype of the pubs as heartless is perpetuated by calling for the removal of all Mexicans when what we need to be doing is promoting an accurate picture of the parties.

Back